First time poster, long time readerjust curious to see where most people play online. I personally play on party and think the high stakes sit and go's and the step tourneys are great. What do you guys play on party poker? Are there any sites that offer higher stakes singles? Anyone know any famous poker "stars" on the site?Reply with any thoughts, strategies, trivia, or ideas about the site.Thanks,Dub

Hey, I just posted in another thread about party poker... and mentioned the step up tourneys... I have only played one, just curious if you've had any success in one yet? I got to round 2, and after winning round 1.....I got sucked out on KK vs. 67o...(all in pre-flop) and he hit a straight. Sucked! anyway... I haven't played one since then, and I wonder how everyone is doing with those?

I've got some knowledge for you.... Generally I play the 200 sng and I would say lately I have a better than 60% money rate. I checked out the steps and decided to start at the 3rd due to the fact that I liked the fact that I didn't have to far that well to move up and my lack of patience. Be sure of the fact that you should not put a dollar into one of these unless you are confident you can bet some of the best on the site. (only the top four of the 5th step get paid any money) If you think you can be very consistent, than I think they are a great deal. I started with a third the other day, and came in sixth today when KK got cracked by AJ on the river. Extremely frustrating and an enormous swing. I play under Nick2Dubs... look me up we can talk strategy.

Thanks for the info. I am used to the low limit stuff...$5 and $10 sng's... So it was a bit of a change. But the first round I got 1st, and it wasn't all that tough... although I do expect that as you move on it gets much tougher and I noticed it even in round 2. I'm confident I can hang with them, but putting me all in with 67 offsuit doesn't say best of the best to me. Maybe he didn't expect a call... But he got one with KK... and hit a straight on runner runner. Play got a little better... but not much. I don't have the BR to skip rounds... although I'd enjoy the easier route if I could. 5 rounds is a bit much, but I figure with only 2 tables each, and so many chances to try again if you are off one day is a nice system. Anyway... My name there is PlatinumNutz... but actually most of the time I'm playing on my gf's name, cause she has all the bankroll on her account and we don't want to split it up. That one is Sxysprklstar. Talk to you later.

I only tried playing the step tournament once. For some reason, I get to lazy to play it. I started off from Step 1 and am now at Step 4, but for some reason I never feel like playing it. I played 1 step each week. I guess I've just been more focused on cash games as of late on Absolute Poker. I don't think the competition is that great. You will see play very very tight though, as nobody really wants to get knocked out. You can use this to your advantage as nobody really wants to go all-in unless they have the nuts or very close to. I would say the play is a bit better than your typical S&G tournament even at the $50-100 buy-ins, so it's a decent challenge. I'll probably play step 4 soemtime soon when I actually feel like it, I want to make sure I make the Top 8 so I can get that spot to Step 5. I don't want to have to repeat any steps again, it's a real long drag. If i had a choice, I'd sell my buy-in for step 4, unfortunately you can't do that :D would be nice if you could, a cool $500. I'd probably be playing it damn near every day if I could cash out my buy-in money.