$#*! The Holy Father Says

smps.jpgFrom his recent speech in Britain. What a lying piece of crap scumbag.
“Even in our own lifetimes we can recall how Britain and her leaders stood against a Nazi tyranny that wished to eradicate God from society and denied our common humanity to many, especially the Jews, who were thought unfit to live.“As we reflect on the sobering lessons of atheist extremism of the 20th century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny.”
I'll post Dawkin's response,
This statement by the pope, on his arrival in Edinburgh, is a despicable outrage. Even if Hitler had been an atheist, his political philosophy was not based upon atheism and had no connection with atheism. Hitler was arguably (and by his own account) a Roman Catholic. In any case he enjoyed the open support of many of the most senior catholic clergy in Germany and the less demonstrative support of Pope Pius XII. Even if Hitler had been an atheist (he certainly was not), the rank and file Germans who carried out the attempted extermination of the Jews were Christians, almost to a man: either Catholic or Lutheran, primed to their anti-Semitism by centuries of Catholic propaganda about ‘Christ-killers’ and by Martin Luther’s own seething hatred of the Jews. To mention Ratzinger’s membership of the Hitler Youth might be thought to be fighting dirty, but my feeling is that the gloves are off after this disgraceful paragraph by the pope.I feel like bombarding every newspaper in Britain with letters of protest.…I am incandescent with rage at the sycophantic BBC coverage, and the sight of British toadies bowing and scraping to this odious man. I thought he was bad before. This puts the lid on it.
and a reaction to the pope's support for pedophelic priests,
It’s disingenuous to say church officials have been slow and insufficiently vigilant in dealing with clergy sex crimes and cover ups. On the contrary, they’ve been prompt and vigilant, but in concealing, not preventing, these horrors,” said Joelle Casteix of SNAP, the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests.Another campaigner took aim at the pontiff personally.“The pope affects the stance of a shocked bystander, when in fact he has been for decades the church’s central handler of sex abuse cases,” said Terence McKiernan of BishopAccountability, a group that tracks reports of abuse by priests.
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re-inventing history with Pope John Kiddie toucher!I wonder how atheism is to blame for his priests not being able to keep their hands off of children......and for him helping cover it up.

Hmmm.Hitler said the German people were farther advanced from an evolutionary stand point then others.Hitler used this 'science' to justify cleaning the gene pool of undesirables.Yea..it's not that big of a stretch to make that connection.Claiming that Hitler was a Christian when he clearly based his political and empirical world views on evolution is by far the bigger stretch.But Dawkins has never been one to rely on facts or logic..I don't know why I am shocked that he is keeping up his MO.Of course when you add in communism, which is a perfect example of atheist extremist...the pope's quotes are perfectly logical and accurate.The sins of the catholic church during WW2 are paled when you look at the sins of the theory of evolution when it is drawn to its logical conclusion.Which were implemented in two manners, one by Nazi Germany, and one by Communism in the Soviet Union and Asia.

Hmmm.Hitler said the German people were farther advanced from an evolutionary stand point then others.Hitler used this 'science' to justify cleaning the gene pool of undesirables.Yea..it's not that big of a stretch to make that connection.Claiming that Hitler was a Christian when he clearly based his political and empirical world views on evolution is by far the bigger stretch.But Dawkins has never been one to rely on facts or logic..I don't know why I am shocked that he is keeping up his MO.Of course when you add in communism, which is a perfect example of atheist extremist...the pope's quotes are perfectly logical and accurate.The sins of the catholic church during WW2 are paled when you look at the sins of the theory of evolution when it is drawn to its logical conclusion.
I am sure you and the Pope would have a great time excusing the sins of Christians and covering up crimes!Hitler may or may not have been a practicing Christian but all the German soldiers who killed 10 million people + were definitely Christians.Also, kinda hard to tout how awesome the Catholic Church was during WWII when they were (not so) secretly approving of the Nazis plan for the Jews.Also, lol at the idea that the "theory of evolution" has a logical conclusion in genocide. How people use a theory is not an indictment of the thoery itself. Facts and logic are not your friends.
Um, are you debating the fact that 95%+ of the men in the German army were Lutheran or Catholic? Dawkins was not wrong about that.
I have absolutely zero knowledge about German soldiers. But you definitely said "all."Which just kind of jumped out at me.
I have absolutely zero knowledge about German soldiers. But you definitely said "all."Which just kind of jumped out at me.
Fair enough. It was definitely close to all though.
Fair enough. It was definitely close to all though.
Last CNN poll ( voluntary internet poll) had the actual numbers of German soldiers who were Christian at 73%22% Muslimand 2% refuse to answer ( which is weird cause they are dead and all so who's going to give them a hard time for killing Jews?)Of course the number of German soldiers who killed the Jews was a lot smaller than the number of German soldiers during WW2..I know facts again that don't help your cause are not really facts
BG is right, no one would ever accuse a christian of using science!
We just invented it.At least all the real branches of science like calculus..not the make up ones like evolution
I am sure you and the Pope would have a great time excusing the sins of Christians and covering up crimes!Hitler may or may not have been a practicing Christian but all the German soldiers who killed 10 million people + were definitely Christians.Also, kinda hard to tout how awesome the Catholic Church was during WWII when they were (not so) secretly approving of the Nazis plan for the Jews.Also, lol at the idea that the "theory of evolution" has a logical conclusion in genocide. How people use a theory is not an indictment of the thoery itself. Facts and logic are not your friends.
So the catholic church was for the Nazi's plan to use evolution to justify killing the Jews?And this was a secret, but not really?
wait wait I got a better oneHitler misunderstanding evolution is the best proof yet that he really was a Christian!
What did he misunderstand?Evolution: If one sub-species is better adapted to its environment and stronger and more able to further the best chances of the species...that sub-species should advance and all others should be exterminated.Nazi: Jews are inferior sub-humans.I think Hitler understood evolution perfectly.
What did he misunderstand?Evolution: If one sub-species is better adapted to its environment and stronger and more able to further the best chances of the species...that sub-species should advance and all others should be exterminated.Nazi: Jews are inferior sub-humans.I think Hitler understood evolution perfectly.
Or are you implying that a sub-species should never actually know it is killing off inferior competition for resources?
Since Alex Trebek wasn't around back then we'll never really know.