Something Political

Ok, I know many of you dont agree with this, and that some of you do...but i felt strongly about this piece, and felt like posting it. Go at it....weeeeeeeeeeeeAre we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by people who brought it to our shores on 11 Sept 2001? Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered in downtown Manhattan, across the potomac from our nation's capitol and in a field in PA? Did nearly 3,000 men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day or didn't they? And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecreated" when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet? Well, I don't. I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating those innocent people on 9/11. I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat. I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques. I'll care when the midless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs. I'll care when the American Media stops pretending that their 1st American rights are somehow derived from international law instead of the US Constitution's Bill of Rights. In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain info, know this: I don't care. When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped I don't care When I hear that a prisoner who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed special food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled" you can believe I don't care!

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry chrozzo, it's against the rules for you to make a post thats more than 1 word unless it involves beer.I appreciate your future compliance in this manner.- The Off-Topic Community

i disagree and dont give a f bout this post and i think its patheetic......... dude thatds not your "world" or life LOL @ pretending it is...your an outsider poly sci kid who thinks he know whats going on...just stop dude you know less than .0001 of this ordeal...i agree with the people in charge with all the information9/11 was horendous but dont pretend to have a cluelol one sidedaments.....

i disagree and dont give a f bout this post and i think its patheetic......... dude thatds not your "world" or life LOL @ pretending it is...your an outsider poly sci kid who thinks he know whats going on...just stop dude you know less than .0001 of this ordeal...i agree with the people in charge with all the information9/11 was horendous but dont pretend to have a cluelol one sidedaments.....
lolwho are you again?u have no idea what i know on this topic
i'm a drunken mongoloid that has a propensity for pissing away all my money playing blackjack.in my spare time i troll the genpo forum waiting for a stake or five so i can drunkenly spew any winnings like an atm that's been hit by a steamrolleri also enjoy trying to belittle people on an internet forum even though i'm way too stupid to comprehend the slightest bit of what has been said because attempting to tear people down is the only way i have to make myself feel better about my wretched existence.well off to crash into a cop car...ament.
fypnfoad
i totally don't care about this thread but here are my rambling thoughts.at the time we went into iraq i was for it. unfortunately, with 20/20 hindsight, it looks like we made an unprovoked attack on a county and violated their sovereignty. was getting rid of the dictator a good thing for humanity? probably. but there are just too many countries with far worse dictators for us to police the world. also, i have issues with any judgment on morality that ends in many human lives. history will judge whether or not our actions in iraq were justified (at this point i assume unfavorably), but i'm still not wholly decided on its validity and may never be. the more important issue now is not whether or not we should have gone into iraq, and whether or not we are currently winning the war. what needs to be discussed is an exit strategy. unfortunately the current administration seems like a brooding highschool kid, hands in the pockets, and shrugging "i duuunnnooo" when it needs to make a feasible plan clear, and more so needs to take swift action to see that its followed. i dislike discussing politics with 100% of my heart. i think trying to put a ball through a hoop is a more worthwhile pursuit. nothing is ever resolved. people's minds are rarely changed. people become upset and hurt. and vary rarely do people ever do anything to make change. also, i hate politicians but that's another meaningless rant.

That guy really doesn't seem to have a grasps of the issues at hand if he is complaining about the way the US treats it's POWs. I don't really understand his stance, he wants to get revenge for 9/11 by taking it out on Iraqis I guess, but they aren't responsible for 9/11. Also comments like

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Bible
Are just plain juvenile, I don't know what is appealing to you in this guys argument. He says the insurgents fight like cowards, but is it heroic for Americans to blow up suspected terrorist cells from with guided missiles from kilometres away causing the death of plenty of civilians. I'm not supporting the enemy here, but all this hoo-rah, lets kill all those Muslim scum in Iraq and mistreat them while imprisoned is completely ridiculous. It's futile to try to change someone's opinion like this but I find it disturbing chrozzo that you post this like it has merit. If you say you know a lot on this subject, formulate your own opinion because this guys is pretty worthless.
That guy really doesn't seem to have a grasps of the issues at hand if he is complaining about the way the US treats it's POWs. I don't really understand his stance, he wants to get revenge for 9/11 by taking it out on Iraqis I guess, but they aren't responsible for 9/11. Also comments like Are just plain juvenile, I don't know what is appealing to you in this guys argument. He says the insurgents fight like cowards, but is it heroic for Americans to blow up suspected terrorist cells from with guided missiles from kilometres away causing the death of plenty of civilians. I'm not supporting the enemy here, but all this hoo-rah, lets kill all those Muslim scum in Iraq and mistreat them while imprisoned is completely ridiculous. It's futile to try to change someone's opinion like this but I find it disturbing chrozzo that you post this like it has merit. If you say you know a lot on this subject, formulate your own opinion because this guys is pretty worthless.
yup

I'll care when the American Media stops pretending that their 1st American rights are somehow derived from international law instead of the US Constitution's Bill of Rights. If this guy had ever actually read the Bill of Rights he would know that none of our rights are derived from the first 10 amendments, they are derived from the Laws of Nature. The BofR is simply a statement of these natural and human rights. As for the general tone of the editorial piece, it doesn't really say anything. Stating that he doesn't care about the koran or Iraqi prisoners is immaterial to whether or not we should be fighting the war. What is relevant is that we're spending $4000/second fighting it while bridges in our own country are collapsing. Not a good situation.

Ok, I know many of you dont agree with this, and that some of you do...but i felt strongly about this piece, and felt like posting it. Go at it....weeeeeeeeeeeeAre we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by people who brought it to our shores on 11 Sept 2001? Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered in downtown Manhattan, across the potomac from our nation's capitol and in a field in PA? Did nearly 3,000 men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day or didn't they? And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecreated" when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet? Well, I don't. I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating those innocent people on 9/11. I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat. I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques. I'll care when the midless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs. I'll care when the American Media stops pretending that their 1st American rights are somehow derived from international law instead of the US Constitution's Bill of Rights. In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain info, know this: I don't care. When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped I don't care When I hear that a prisoner who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed special food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled" you can believe I don't care!
**** EM I AGREE
go live in iraq or iran u fool long live george the conquer
At some point in time, we are all going to have to resist Islam with violence. That's just a reality that humanity is going to have to face. I think invading Iraq was OK. But we've sure ****ed up the process -- why are we rebuilding anything before we have a total surrender in hand?
At some point in time, we are all going to have to resist Islam with violence. That's just a reality that humanity is going to have to face.
QFT, they've only been telling us that point blank, for....how long now?
At some point in time, we are all going to have to resist Islam with violence. That's just a reality that humanity is going to have to face. I think invading Iraq was OK. But we've sure ****ed up the process -- why are we rebuilding anything before we have a total surrender in hand?
why was it OK, seriously what was ok about it, Bush manipulated people to believe they had WMD but they didn't, they aren't responsible for 9/11 either, so what reason makes the invasion of Iraq OK with you. This is beyond me. Don't feed me that it was to save the Iraqies because when the States leave all hell will be let loose over there and things aren't better now than they were with Saddam. The staes don't give a shite about corruption in other countries, they're the ones who armed Iraq in the first place. So please explain to me what made the invasion of Iraq Ok.
why was it OK, seriously what was ok about it, Bush manipulated people to believe they had WMD but they didn't, they aren't responsible for 9/11 either, so what reason makes the invasion of Iraq OK with you. This is beyond me. Don't feed me that it was to save the Iraqies because when the States leave all hell will be let loose over there and things aren't better now than they were with Saddam. The staes don't give a shite about corruption in other countries, they're the ones who armed Iraq in the first place. So please explain to me what made the invasion of Iraq Ok.
At least Saddam had control over what we clearly have no control over.