• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for your troubles Dale, I've been through a divorce and I can't even imagine what it must be like with kids involved. Mine was a walk in the park comparatively.

bitches.Sorry about your troubles Dale, hope you get things worked out. FWIW, I don't think you've been any more of an Ass recently than your regular level of assness. :club:

My apologies to anyone to whom I've been an *******.http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f5/urge...stop-fro-10376/
1) There are forums for everything. And they are all incredibly useful. Seriously, if I ever need anything, I find a forum, and bam, I have answers.2) I can't imagine how much this sucks. I also can't imagine people wanting more money than they really deserve from someone they used to love...but am aware that both parties feel this way in 90% of divorces. Just a terrible crappy thing. As a happily married person, I can say that marriage is a pretty stupid thing.

I am in the process of composing an email to send to my ex-wife. I am requesting some volunteers to whom I can forward it. I would like any opinions on the matter, such as:Does my email sound harsh? Factual? Reasonable?Any other comments are also welcome.Please forward me your email address through a PM on this forum if you wish to volunteer. I will not be sharing any information with anyone else here as to who did or didn't volunteer.Thank you!

I am in the process of composing an email to send to my ex-wife. I am requesting some volunteers to whom I can forward it. I would like any opinions on the matter, such as:Does my email sound harsh? Factual? Reasonable?Any other comments are also welcome.Please forward me your email address through a PM on this forum if you wish to volunteer. I will not be sharing any information with anyone else here as to who did or didn't volunteer.Thank you!
I am pretty experienced in these matters..Well not in the legal sense, however I see separations and divorces every day when we are doing financing for mortgages. Seen a lot of separation agreements, and unfortunately a LOT of animosity between the parties. Especially with kids involved.I know its a very hard time for you, be glad to advise.sergetoronto at yahoo dot com (people do that for no spam i guess)
I volunteer Steve

goddammitAll the best, Dale...I have bookmarked the site for personal reasons, so thanks for the link. I have a bit of a weird case, but I won't derail this thread with the details. Unless someone asks lol.

goddammitAll the best, Dale...I have bookmarked the site for personal reasons, so thanks for the link. I have a bit of a weird case, but I won't derail this thread with the details. Unless someone asks lol.
go ahead derail..It may help .
I am pretty experienced in these matters..Well not in the legal sense, however I see separations and divorces every day when we are doing financing for mortgages. Seen a lot of separation agreements, and unfortunately a LOT of animosity between the parties. Especially with kids involved.I know its a very hard time for you, be glad to advise.sergetoronto at yahoo dot com (people do that for no spam i guess)
Sent.Thank you, Serge.Please let me know if you have any questions or require any background information.
Feel free to share.Discussion can only help, imo.

I read the emails..I think you are 100% justified in your argument.I dont think it sounds harsh at all. The one incident you are upset about, if that happened to me i m sure i wouldnt be as reasonable as you were.Again im not a lawyer but it seems like she broke the agreement you had, either my intent or by neglect..Either way its not right.

I read the emails..I think you are 100% justified in your argument.I dont think it sounds harsh at all. The one incident you are upset about, if that happened to me i m sure i wouldnt be as reasonable as you were.Again im not a lawyer but it seems like she broke the agreement you had, either my intent or by neglect..Either way its not right.
Thanks for your input Serge.Greatly appreciated!
Feel free to share.Discussion can only help, imo.
Short version of an unresolved thing:15 yrs ago, or so, I married a woman in a civil ceremony. A few months later, I came home from work and she was gone. She'd cleaned out the bank account (less that $1000) and took a few other things that were irrelevant. Turns out she went to California and hooked up and married this other guy down there. That's polygamy, right? But wait! Turns out my marriage to her was not valid, because...she was already married to a DIFFERENT guy when she married me. Her marriage to the NEW guy ended up being legal, because she had divorced her first husband prior to marrying him, but after marrying me.Now I don't even know if I have to go to the trouble of getting a divorce or some kind of annulment. Fortunately, I have some concrete paperwork to back up the invalid marriage (to me).And, from a different relationship, I have two kids (both University age now) that didn't end well, but perseverance and patience and a desire to maintain a relationship, at very least, with the children ended up working out pretty decent. All of it was done without the need for the court system.Not sure how much can be equated to Dale's tale, but I can totally relate to feelings of alienation and conflict he might be feeling. Maybe that's why I wanted to throw this in...I hope you find some peace and resolution soon

I know after hearing your stories I m blessed to have a loving wife and couldnt imagine the stuff you guys are going through.I can also see that Dale is an amazing dad and he is putting up with this crap for those beatiful kids.I know some lesser men wouldnt care and be an integral part of their kids lives.

Who informed you that your marriage to here wasn't legal? I'm curious because the laws in Canada don't appear to be very clear regarding polygamy as you can read here where it states, "Laws against plural marriages are so rarely prosecuted that a strong case can be made that they are already de facto legal."I would suggest you seek legal advice to see whether you need an annulment.What is annulment?A divorce is the court order which ends a valid marriage. An annulment is the court declaration that a marriage is invalid. For example, a marriage might be invalid if one spouse was already married when he or she married the other, if one of the spouses was under the age of 16 at the time of the marriage, or if a spouse married someone other than the person he or she intended to marry. If the court finds that the marriage is invalid it will make a declaration that the marriage is void as if it had never happened, and no divorce is necessary.It is important to know that even where a marriage is annulled, the parties will be treated as “spouses” and “parents” under the provincial Family Relations Act, which means that the parties can make claims against each other about the care and control of children, the payment of support and the division of assets. As well, the law about the annulment of foreign marriages is complicated. You should speak to a lawyer if you are thinking about trying to annul a foreign marriage.Some religions grant religious annulments. These annulments are valid within that religion but do not legally void a marriage. In the eyes of the law, you and your spouse will remain married until a judge makes a legal declaration of annulment. sourceThe bolded part above leads me to believe that there is a chance your marriage was valid.----------Thanks to all for the well-wishes. I have documented just about everything and I firmly believe the facts support my case. I have been somewhat reluctant to fight back in the past as I believe fighting with the ex-spouse affects the children. However, she has crossed a line in my view by going after sole custody and I won't stand by anymore.

Thanks, Dale. I'll def look into it.In the meantime, for your thing, I would stress patience and optimism. Though the tendency is to lash out, doing so won't put you in a better place. Tough times, but I think you'll do alright if you maintain some balance and perspective, along with a cool head.

Thanks, Dale. I'll def look into it.In the meantime, for your thing, I would stress patience and optimism. Though the tendency is to lash out, doing so won't put you in a better place. Tough times, but I think you'll do alright if you maintain some balance and perspective, along with a cool head.
My mantra is to give her no ammo and stockpile mine.:club: