• Please log in to reply
263011 replies to this topic

#263001 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,177 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:02 AM

Been thinking about it today, I am breaking one of my own rules by just being passively pissed about my job situation. I think I need to at least know whatís out there. There are two problems.

My company makes it mandatory that you hand over your LinkedIn password and let them actively log everything. Itís considered a risk that I may do business with clients over LinkedIn, so everyone regardless of job title is required to allow monitoring. Frankly I think itís a huge privacy violation and canít understand why my personal texts arenít treated the same way.

Itís a small world and my CEO knows everyone. If I apply locally, for certain, itíll get back to someone at my firm within a month.

So I donít know what to do. Iím not serious about leaving, and if I start applying, it seems pretty likely that itíll be discovered and possibly held against me.
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#263002 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,876 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:05 AM

View PostRon_Mexico, on 13 December 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

Essay seems to have been gone for a minute. He's probably spending time with his new girlfriend for the holidays.

More likely, he finally miscalculated his auto erotic asphyxiation while jerkin it ahd hung himself

You'll be missed, my man. Most of your content was shit, but dammit, you brought it with conviction. You'd occasionally make a solid top ten and definitely get some good zingers off. We thank you for your service

I should've said these things to him while he was still alive.

I won't make that mistake with you, NapaD

i knew you loved me. i love you too buddy.

Posted Image
Spoiler

#263003 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,876 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:09 AM

View PostInternetExplorer, on 13 December 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

Been thinking about it today, I am breaking one of my own rules by just being passively pissed about my job situation. I think I need to at least know what's out there. There are two problems.

My company makes it mandatory that you hand over your LinkedIn password and let them actively log everything. It's considered a risk that I may do business with clients over LinkedIn, so everyone regardless of job title is required to allow monitoring. Frankly I think it's a huge privacy violation and can't understand why my personal texts aren't treated the same way.

It's a small world and my CEO knows everyone. If I apply locally, for certain, it'll get back to someone at my firm within a month.

So I don't know what to do. I'm not serious about leaving, and if I start applying, it seems pretty likely that it'll be discovered and possibly held against me.

i'm in similar spot. i'm frustrated at my current job but i'm fairly certain there's nothing else out there and if i interview elsewhere people will find out. after bonuses in February I'm going to start seriously looking. To get what i want, though, i will likely have to move out of state, possibly to Delaware. not sure i'm man enough for that kind of move.
Spoiler

#263004 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,735 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Love you too, Ronnie.

Iím also glad SA didnt die.

Strat...is working with a recruiter under some amount of anonymity an option?

#263005 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,735 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:44 AM

If we have to pass this stupid fín tax bill at least it appears theyíre keeping the SALT and mortgage interest deductions.

#263006 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,177 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:20 AM

Napa Lite, on 13 December 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

Strat...is working with a recruiter under some amount of anonymity an option?
Itís a good idea. I will check it out. Thank you.

I will know whether Iím getting any equity by 12/31. Heard some discouraging things about the status of that, so they may not do it at all. If they do award any equity this year, and Iím not among the recipients, I will get more aggressive with the job search, likely to the point where Iíd take a 20-30% cut just to be out of this situation.
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#263007 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,735 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:54 AM

My boss gave me some good praise yesterday in our 1 on 1. Iíve also been told that big boss man has been talking me shit up, too. My boss mentioned that next year heíd really like to see me and the other analyst become sort of controllers for our respective business lines which I think would be good for the resume.

#263008 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,691 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:40 PM

When you do autoerotically off yourself, please tell Wang hello for me in hell.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#263009 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,177 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:30 PM

Itís odd, I donít know how big my company is vs. Napaís, but our controller is nowhere near as advanced in her career as Napa... in other words, I feel heíd be overqualified for the job.

We have a pretty decent sized accounting department (3 full timers), so itís not like she isnít managing anyone or left with little responsibility. Her background isnít accounting, but she did just get her CPA.

#263010 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,735 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:19 PM

Controller has such a wide berth of definitions. While auditing some co-ops had controllers that made $150k+ and were basically CFOís and others that made $35k that couldnít even get accruals right. My boss is the controller here and he reports directly to the CFO. Iím thinking he wants us to just really understand and know whatís happening with everything in the financials and start being the go-to person for our segments.Ultimately, I think itíll be really good opportunity here and I canít wait to be able to put the other analyst and his condescending tone in his place.

#263011 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,177 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:34 PM

Generally it sounds like you made the right move here.

#263012 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,876 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:06 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on 13 December 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

When you do autoerotically off yourself, please tell Wang hello for me in hell.

i've left instructions to deliver a video to you if that ever happens. you won't escape me, no matter what.
Spoiler

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users