Two Pair Facing Big River Bet

$1/$2 No Limit Holdem6 playersConverted at weaktight.comStacks:Hero (UTG) ($397.00)UTG+1 ($489.45)CO ($393.00)BTN ($378.00)SB ($625.05)BB ($1144.35)Pre-flop: ($3, 6 players) Hero is UTG K :club: Q :3hHero raises to $7, UTG+1 calls $7, CO calls $7, BTN calls $7, SB calls $6, BB calls $5Flop: 9 :ts Q :4h K :qh ($42, 6 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $30, UTG+1 calls $30, CO calls $30, 1 fold, SB folds, BB foldsTurn: 7 :5c ($132, 3 players)Hero bets $90, UTG+1 calls $90, CO foldsRiver: A :D ($312, 2 players) Hero ($270 left)?edit: stats weren't correct when I looked back.Villain is 28/22 over ~700 hands, and has an 11% 3bet stat.

Fold and quit grinding for the month.Hmm, im more used to HU spots, where this plays itself - the thing that most unnerves me is 17%3bet and he hasn't with this hand, so what's his range?

wow those are deep stacks must be double BI table.i fold pf UTG to start. but this could be ok based on stack sizes?as played i bet the flop and turn both harder. flop bet is close but i bet like $115 on turn. OP says facing a big river bet but ur first to act did u check and he shoved?

We're not bet folding on the river - I would check/call as all the draws missed so you might be able to induce a spaz bluff. J10 is out there but villain should raise that on the flop with all those draws out there and every player in the pot. A flopped set should do the same.A slow played AK is a possibility or AsXs (esp if the X is a 7). I think you're ahead of his range so c/c. I like the idea of betting flop/turn harder since the board is so draw heavy.

FWIW I did check and he did shove, but I'm not just asking call/fold once I've checked. Do you bet/call the river, bet/fold, check/call, or check/fold?
I bet a little bigger on flop. If both still calls, I might check/call or even CR turn, depending on a lot of factors obv. I think you played it fine though. I check/fold river very often. Interesting hand imo. He can hold a bunch of strong hands, but yet I find a lot of reasons to believe he's holding Axss. If he holds a hand that hit that flop hard (like 10Jss, 10J, 99 or whatever) he'll prob raise. He might smooth call with hands like 10J and let a safe card fall on turn if he plays scared or because ur so deep stacked etc - but if so he'll definitely raise turn. Adding to that, what hands can he be shoving with? Damn, he'd 3bet so many of the hands that connects with that board so it's gotta be Axss. I'm a bit confused. On the spot, I'd fold. When thinking about it, I f'n call.
FWIW I did check and he did shove, but I'm not just asking call/fold once I've checked. Do you bet/call the river, bet/fold, check/call, or check/fold?
tough hand, tough spot, horrible river card. i've got to think the As can be in his hand. i also c/c the river here cause the ace is a good bluff card and it also gives villian a chance to bluff spades.

If you don't feel comfortable playing KQo OOP then fold it UTG, I wouldn't recommend Simo folds KQo 200 BB deep UTG though.I don't think we have enough information on villain to say whether shoving, check/calling or check/folding is the best play, I can see all of them being the correct move depending on Villain.Against an unknown with the limited information in this post... I dunno lol

If you don't feel comfortable playing KQo OOP then fold it UTG, I wouldn't recommend Simo folds KQo 200 BB deep UTG though.
i just think it has such little value even deep. i'm more likely to open with 79s. i found this to be a leak in my play but maybe my leak is postflop idk. i have 500K hands plus 6M in pt so it's not like i have no experience or play uber tight.

Didn't look at responses. I'd c/c the river. He might bluff knowing that card can't be that great for you and he's always 3betting AK pf, plus he should be raising any hands that beats you before now. You are in vvv good shape against his range imo. I'd also bet flop bigger, almost full pot against that many opponents and that drawy of a board.Edit: FWIW pf I think is fine but I don't think folding is bad either. I think it's just a marginal spot and most solid players open wider than me. I always open it suited and depending on table and players on my left I open it unsuited sometimes. It's probably like 50-50 when it's offsuit for me. But everyone that I know thinks I'm supernit. I run like 19/16-18/15 range.

Pre flop decisions is probably most influenced by who else is at the table actually. How likely are we to get 3bet light and have to fold OOP? Are there many/any loose-passive players behind us?

Only strong hand you'd have to worry about is TsJs. It's about the only thing that reasonably beats you that would shove (to look like a bluff) on a the river to a check.Otherwise, I like check-call or if you're worried you can consider a $110-$120 protection/value bet...see if he comes over the top. btw, I prefer bigger 3rd and 4th street bets but it's not so bad since the pot numbers are wrong. $6 x 6 players is $36 and not $42.

Thanks for sittin at 1 $100max table and picking mine :ts Softest table on the site :club:
I asked if you wanted to just play HU with the shortstacker, and you said no. So I stayed. Notice I sat across the table for you. I didn't sit directly on your left. I'm nice like that.

I actually was going to play you HU but that guy beat me to it. Then when I saw he was a fish I thought I'd ask if you wanted him all to yourself.Also, over my last 22k hands I'm under 7% 3bet. That's not particularly high. I think I'm turning into a nit.

BTW, results of the hand: check, shove, time down, call, set of nines, meh.I actually think it was probably a bad call because I'm not certain he turns many made hands into bluffs on the river, I don't think he value shoves worse hands, and I think he probably folds a naked flush draw on the turn. I guess I beat some hands like 7s8s, Ts8s, etc., but that's not going to make up too many hand combos.

I'm too much a game selection nit, I almost left when you sat anyways and the crappy player was there. Luckily Whatgreatis sat and it pushed the balance to 2 donks with you and the table was good enough again.