Why Do I Suck On Ftp?

So, since I started playing full time in the last 120 days, I have a 95% roi w/ an average buy in of $243 on Stars. However I have a -5% roi on FTP w/ an average buy in of $276.I consistently put myself in positions to go deep on Stars (whether or not I do it is a different subject), yet on FTP I don't seem to get deep ever. One could chalk that up to variance, but that seems like too much of an easy out.Reasons I have considered:- I don't play as high a volume on FTP. I generally only play the 163s, the 1ks, the 100rs, and the Sunday tournaments. On Stars I play some mid-level (as well at low level/10r) tournaments, which may have something to do with it.- My 'nittiness', or my game in general, is better suited for Stars and obviously less so for FTP. On the surface, I always felt like FTP would be a more beneficial structure for my game, but I think there might be a difference in the ante ratio (higher antes) in comparison to Stars, and the higher antes might be what hurts me.- The difference in the level of competition on Stars compared to FTP. I always felt in the past like Stars had more LAGs, which one would think would give me more problems, but maybe I am incorrect. Is there a big difference in the type of players on both sites?- My familiarity with the players. For some odd reason, I remember players and their styles way better on Stars then I do on FTP. A lot of the time, I don't recall that 'so and so' is a certain name on FTP, which differs from their Stars screen name. I could obviously fix this by studying the p5s rankings and memorizing each players handles on the different sites, instead of Stars only. This might be something unique to the higher buy in tournaments online, since you play with the same players more frequently then you ever would in mid - low buy ins.- My avatar never smiles on FTP, while my Manny avatar on Stars is always happy. :)Comments, suggestions, opinions etc welcome. Try not to just point out that I am a nit; shockingly I am aware of my image. :club:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obv FTP is rigged. It had to be said.Seriously, the Dodgers are resigning Manny right?

I've found that its much easier to recognize players on Stars over FTP simply because of the image feature, lots of players have memorable images and it helps me pinpoint who some of the solid regulars are and who isnt. I also think that the competition on Stars is tougher than on FTP.I'm like a small winner over a small sample size on FTP but am a decent winner on Stars with a decent sample size.My guess is that you just are running below expectation on FTP and at or above expectation on Stars. It'll probably even out over the next few hundred games for you imo.

PatI am the exact opposite. I usually run like god himself on Tilt, but can almost never win on Stars.I think it's just variance for you. I think the structure fits your game like a glove on Tilt much more than Stars. You also have a huge score on Stars w/ that 100r effort that will definitely skew the numbers in a good way on Stars. Had you run just slightly better in the Tilt 750k, your Tilt numbers would be just as ungodly as Stars.But Mark is right...make your avatar smile and profit!!! (Fwiw...I prefer the "O" face myself!!!)

I've found that its much easier to recognize players on Stars over FTP simply because of the image feature, lots of players have memorable images and it helps me pinpoint who some of the solid regulars are and who isnt. I also think that the competition on Stars is tougher than on FTP.I'm like a small winner over a small sample size on FTP but am a decent winner on Stars with a decent sample size.My guess is that you just are running below expectation on FTP and at or above expectation on Stars. It'll probably even out over the next few hundred games for you imo.
So he beats up on the good players on Stars and sucks ass against weaker competition on FT?
So he beats up on the good players on Stars and sucks ass against weaker competition on FT?
Apparently that's the case.
Heh, doesn't make sense, but I do feel more comfortable playing at a table with a bunch of regulars that know my game then I do with randoms. People that play with me enough pretty much let me do what I want and rarely play back at me unless I'm beat. It takes some of the guesswork out of it for sure.
So, since I started playing full time in the last 120 days, I have a 95% roi w/ an average buy in of $243 on Stars. However I have a -5% roi on FTP w/ an average buy in of $276.
Cash out bankroll on FTP , only play on stars , problem solved :club:
Heh, doesn't make sense, but I do feel more comfortable playing at a table with a bunch of regulars that know my game then I do with randoms. People that play with me enough pretty much let me do what I want and rarely play back at me unless I'm beat. It takes some of the guesswork out of it for sure.
so you're saying that on stars, you've moved up to where people respect your raises? you should write a book!
Cash out bankroll on FTP , only play on stars , problem solved :club:
Heh, def something I've thought of in passing, but I can't pass up the opportunities that the FTP tournaments provide. Besides, it gets boring folding at all my stars tables, I need more tables open to fold at obviously. :ts

I have a similar problem with FTP, which is partly why I've not played there in a few months. Just variance though.There are different styles of players on the different sites, so maybe there are some adaptation issues.

PatI am the exact opposite. I usually run like god himself on Tilt, but can almost never win on Stars.I think it's just variance for you. I think the structure fits your game like a glove on Tilt much more than Stars. You also have a huge score on Stars w/ that 100r effort that will definitely skew the numbers in a good way on Stars. Had you run just slightly better in the Tilt 750k, your Tilt numbers would be just as ungodly as Stars.But Mark is right...make your avatar smile and profit!!! (Fwiw...I prefer the "O" face myself!!!)
This is all true and it's what I've been told/telling myself. My biggest cash on ftp is like 16k or something smallish, which obviously doesn't help the numbers. Still, there is enough of a difference in the structures I think that I should make some sort of adjustments.I hate the avatars on ftp to be honest, but when I turned them off I was even worse about recognizing players.