• Please log in to reply
596 replies to this topic

#1 HangukMiguk

HangukMiguk

I'm so scannable.

• Members
  • 13,685 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:10 AM

Since no one has done it yet, I figured I'd get this going.Let's talk about the Cards, and pray that we don't donk out of the playoffs AGAIN.

#2 Solodell

Solodell

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 04:01 AM

I'm feeling good about making it to the World Series. They're winning games early this year on the strength of Pujols alone. I gotta believe at some point the rest of the guys will start hitting, and I trust Jocketty to make a move near the deadline to get a bat. Definitely don't want to see us donk out again. Oh, good thing we're not in the AL, because according to KowboyKoop we would have "no shot in hell" of making the playoffs. :club:

#3 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

The Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:16 AM

View PostSolodell, on Tuesday, May 2nd, 2006, 7:01 AM, said:

Oh, good thing we're not in the AL, because according to KowboyKoop we would have "no shot in hell" of making the playoffs. :club:
It's true, it's true.Also, awesome that you already feel confident about getting to the World Series...when the Mets (and even the Reds) have looked much more powerful thus far. Mets pitching has been pretty good with Pedro and 90's version Glavine.
KowboyKoop >>>>>>>>>>> Teneight

Five years in the making

#4 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:12 AM

Reds just swept the Cards. Cards bullpen is shaky. They did have a pretty watered down lineup this game though, so can't read too much into it.

Five years in the making

#5 Solodell

Solodell

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:45 PM

That was our B er...C team today. I'm not sure what was going on. The fact that we almost won the game is pretty pathetic. Ponson continues to look like he's got things together.

#6 aadams_22

aadams_22

Shit Pickle

• Members
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 03:51 PM

View PostHangukMiguk, on Tuesday, May 2nd, 2006, 4:10 AM, said:

Since no one has done it yet, I figured I'd get this going.Let's talk about the Cards, and pray that we don't donk out of the playoffs AGAIN.
The Cards suck and the Cubs rule. :D :club: Unlike most Cub fans I don't hate the Cardinals. Every single baseball game I went to growing up was at Busch Stadium and I hell of a lot of respect for the Cardinals and their history. You can expect legitimate comments out of me on here. :D
2009 FCP Fantasy Baseball Keeper League Champion

#7 loogie

loogie

Chopped Liver

• Members
  • 6,120 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:fun poker pics :)

Posted 02 May 2006 - 04:50 PM

View PostSolodell, on Tuesday, May 2nd, 2006, 3:45 PM, said:

That was our B er...C team today. I'm not sure what was going on. The fact that we almost won the game is pretty pathetic. Ponson continues to look like he's got things together.
What happened yesterday?

#8 HangukMiguk

HangukMiguk

I'm so scannable.

• Members
  • 13,685 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:30 PM

So St. Louis loses another one to Houston that wouldn't have even been a close one had it not been for Pujols.What seems to be the trouble?

#9 Solodell

Solodell

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:46 PM

need a win badly tonight....luckily got Carpenter going tonight. Heard that his last 18 road starts he's 14-1...I'd say things are looking good for tonight, plus I think Rolen is back in the lineup..

#10 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:00 PM

Cardinals lose again. They are a good team, but not as good as last year...maybe they won't win the division after all? We'll see.....

Five years in the making

#11 Solodell

Solodell

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 11:39 AM

looks like a Cardinals sweep, but Ponson leaving early isn't a good thing. He's been about the most consistent starter so far this year.

#12 aadams_22

aadams_22

Shit Pickle

• Members
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:22 PM

View PostSolodell, on Sunday, May 7th, 2006, 2:39 PM, said:

looks like a Cardinals sweep, but Ponson leaving early isn't a good thing. He's been about the most consistent starter so far this year.
I thought I would never I'd see those two words together. Maybe he left his bad pitching in Baltimore...but you're right he has been pitching well this season.

#13 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,267 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:43 PM

the title of this thread is experiencing a severe lack of asterisks
Long signatures are really annoying.

#14 Solodell

Solodell

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 01:06 PM

View Postaadams_22, on Sunday, May 7th, 2006, 3:22 PM, said:

I thought I would never I'd see those two words together. Maybe he left his bad pitching in Baltimore...but you're right he has been pitching well this season.
yes, had you told me at the beginning of the season I would utter those words I probably would have cried, thinking that meant we were gonna finish in last. But I don't think any team with Pujols playing everyday could ever finish in last, so I don't have to worry about that. The rest of the guys have been up and down, but Ponson has been pretty steady. He's not dominant or anything, just been kind of Suppan-like this year.

#15 HangukMiguk

HangukMiguk

I'm so scannable.

• Members
  • 13,685 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 01:28 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on Sunday, May 7th, 2006, 12:43 PM, said:

the title of this thread is experiencing a severe lack of asterisks
man, i knew i forgot something....

#16 aadams_22

aadams_22

Shit Pickle

• Members
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 05:14 PM

Speaking of Ponson it appears that he will miss his next start with a muscle strain in his throwing elbow.

#17 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:44 PM

funny that this thread doesn't seem to get posted in much unless the Cards win....lol.Cards lose to Rockies today.

Five years in the making

#18 The Czar

The Czar

Wild Rover

• Members
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:40 AM

Is there any concern here about Pujols chronic back problems? Also, can this Reyes kid step in and pull a rookie year Ankiel?
DebatingSports.com- The Fan's Point of View

Email Administrator

#19 Solodell

Solodell

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:05 PM

This thread doesn't get posted in after a Cardinals loss because some of us don't freak out after a simple loss.And yes, I'm very concerned about Pujols back pain. If he goes down, we're not going anywhere near the playoffs. However, I'm pretty confident in his ability to play through pain (see the planter fascitis (sp?) from all last season).

#20 HangukMiguk

HangukMiguk

I'm so scannable.

• Members
  • 13,685 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 09:51 PM

View PostSolodell, on Tuesday, May 9th, 2006, 3:05 PM, said:

This thread doesn't get posted in after a Cardinals loss because some of us don't freak out after a simple loss.
we survived the joe torre years (gag...) we can certainly survive a few losses.we've been picking up late in the season lately anyway.plus there's trades that will make this team later on down the line. period.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users