Sorry For The Post But.....another Stacked Delay

I know this is getting really old, and I apologize for adding to what seems to be an already tired topic, but apparently Stacked has been delayed again by Myelin until June 5th. Yes, it's less than a week, but still slightly aggrevating (he says after having pre-ordered his copy last October....). So much for a firm May 30th release date!

I believe the XBox/PC version ships today and will be in stored tomorrow. Which is the norm for video games. Release date on a Tuesday and then in stored Wednesday.

I've played two poker games: WPT and WSOP....WSOP was much better than the WPT one but that doesn't really say much because the WPT is horrible. What does STACKED offer which makes this delay worthwhile?

Don't know where you're getting this, but PC and Xbox are still releasing today and the PS2 is coming tomorrow.Not ALL stores will have it today (and of course we're talking US-only here), but stores like Best Buy and GameStop should.

I understand the draw to some people, but what would this do for me when I can just play online vs. real opponents. Why is this better than even playing with play chips online?

EBGames here in Detroit say that Stacked was shipped today and will be available tomorrow like all new release games. (Release day = ship date, in store for sale the next day). PS2 version now June 5th according to EB.

does anyone know why sites are listing the release date as june 27th for psp? was it pushed back?

Don't know where you're getting this, but PC and Xbox are still releasing today and the PS2 is coming tomorrow.Not ALL stores will have it today (and of course we're talking US-only here), but stores like Best Buy and GameStop should.
I'm getting this from the EB Games store I pre-ordered it from. Now they didn't specify that it was only the PS2 version that got pushed back another week, but that seems to be the message I'm getting from others here. Regardless, it's just another string in a long line of pushbacks over the past year and a bit. Now I ask this sincerely as I'm admittedly not in the know when it comes to the video game industry, but if delays are the norm that I'm led to believe they are, why not wait until they know they're close to a finished product (i.e., even 2-3 months) before these dates start getting thrown out? This would seem to be more than enough time to PR the product if the materials (i.e., ads, commercials, etc) are prepped in advance.As for just playing on-line using play money, I do understand that point. However, my experience with this has been constantly getting into games where you've continually have people betting stupid amounts on junk hands because they know if they bust they can just re-load and start over. I've found that this doesn't help alot in terms of getting experience in improving my game, and am hoping that the AI with this will be the learning tool that they tout it as. Can't afford to play the pay sites so this was my next best option besides waiting and waiting and waiting to land gravy hands on the playmoney tables. I just hope it's worth the wait!
I understand the draw to some people, but what would this do for me when I can just play online vs. real opponents. Why is this better than even playing with play chips online?
+1

It could be that the shipment sent out today wasn't as large as expected and different areas getting different ship dates. Seen that happen in the past but at this point with all the delays this game has gone through, there really is no viable excuse.

It has been a long hard road for Stacked. PC and Xbox shipped. PSP and PS2 due to ship next week.Lot's of reasons for the delay, most recently was because Atari who was supposed to be distributing/publishing the game for Myelin Media lost it at the last minute.Now it is being distributed/published by Southpeak.I don't have very high expectations anymore for this title based upon the pre-books which have been cancelled but if the game turns out to be as good as everyone expected then who knows it may sell okay.Good luck Daniel, hope it does well for you!

I'm in the UK. Goodness knows when I'm going to be able to get a copy of Stacked.I believe that the game will struggle to live up to the enormous hype. Basically, my position within poker is that my disposal income at the moment is not enough to be playing at levels where I would see it as worthwhile. Therefore the game is a nice way to sub the lack of professional poker around me. Plus, if I play a few games on a decent AI game then it is worth it as I'll become a better online player because of it. I am hoping by the end of the year to be really clued up and solid. Therefore the game has to be really solid as a AI opponent. Fingers crossed this will be the case.

I know this is getting really old, and I apologize for adding to what seems to be an already tired topic, but apparently Stacked has been delayed again by Myelin until June 5th. Yes, it's less than a week, but still slightly aggrevating (he says after having pre-ordered his copy last October....). So much for a firm May 30th release date!
do you know the intial release date was sometime in like October?