#541 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 23,923 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:04 PM

Dems have wanted single payer from the start.

I see the value from a consumer perspective.

From a taxpayer perspective I don't have faith that the US government, whomever is in charge, can make this system work.

The only way to keep costs down in a single payer system is to ration care.

Americans just aren't ready to be told they can't have immediate access to medical care.

The republicans screwed the pooch, they had 7 years of talking about repealing Obamacare, and when they stepped up to the plate, they had a piece of garbage bill that wasn't ready.

Killing a few lawyers would go a long way to fixing the health industry.

Killing them all might just fix it.

It's worth a try.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Only government can take perfectly good paper, cover it with perfectly good ink and make the combination worthless.
Milton Friedman

#542 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,039 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:01 AM

one interesting plan

Donald Trump promised "insurance for everybody." Here's how he can do it.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#543 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,039 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:52 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on 26 March 2017 - 06:43 AM, said:

This is just so amazingly stupid that it's hard to put into words.

Donald Trump printed out made-up £300bn Nato invoice and handed it to Angela Merkel

This probably didn't happen. The Germans are denying it did.

Florian Eder‏Verified account
@florianeder
Germany didn't receive NATO invoice from Trump: government http://www.politico....ump-government/ … via @POLITICOEurope
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#544 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 23,923 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

Thanks for retracting the allegation.

Too many 'news' sites trying to get noticed is resulting in too much innuendo and supposition.

Anything bad Trump will get picked up and go viral, which equates into ad dollars, why worry about accuracy?

I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Only government can take perfectly good paper, cover it with perfectly good ink and make the combination worthless.
Milton Friedman

#545 JustDoIt

JustDoIt

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha H/L

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:20 PM

Now this would be interesting

Briefing by Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Maria Zakharova, Moscow, March 23, 2017

Also, I would like to say that if the practice of leaking information that concerns
not just the United States but also Russia, which has become a tradition in
Washington in the past few years, continues, there will come a day when the media
will publish leaks about the things that Washington asked us to keep secret, for
example, things that happened during President Obama’s terms in office. Believe me,
this could be very interesting information.

http://www.mid.ru/ru...uageId=en_GB#17
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Mark Twain

#546 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,786 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:12 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on 26 March 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

Dems have wanted single payer from the start.

I see the value from a consumer perspective.

From a taxpayer perspective I don't have faith that the US government, whomever is in charge, can make this system work.

The only way to keep costs down in a single payer system is to ration care.

That's true of any system ; hence the gutting of ACA under AHCA.

That being said; I think single player healthcare faces a couple of big hurdles in the USA:

1. Public spending faces a lot more scrutiny than private spending. ie: waste in government exists but that is true also in private industry. And the money the CEO makes, the dividends to shareholders... these are all items that a consumer pays for but doesn't get back in value.

2. Because of transparency in public spending there's a lot more focus on costs. So Canadian healthcare, outside of emergent care, is very resource efficient (but very flow inefficient). And we put a don't put as much into upgrading hospital

3. It kind of puts a societal goal on health that is opposed to American individualism. If government is footing the bill for healthcare then it actually has a vested interested in having healthy citizenry instead of selling out to foodco. And people won't like that.

I think in the short run just make legal for states to participate in the exchanges. It will give the people the option to pick and choose what works for them. Just need to make sure they are all on the same level ground.
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users