actuary capping underpair on flop

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Actuary is SB with T:spade:, T:heart:. UTG calls, 4 folds, UTG calls, CO calls.Flop: (7 SB) 9:heart:, 9:club:, K:spade: (3 players)Actuary bets, Actuary calls.Turn: (7.50 BB) Q:club: (2 players)Actuary checks, UTG bets, Actuary calls.River: (9.50 BB) 2:spade: (2 players)Actuary checks..... calling a bet... sweating profusely...villan is 16/8/2.2 200 hands, no specific reads...dataminedvery unorthodox for me.I actually had this thought "3 bet and get a better idea where you are, fold Turn UI to a cap" Ddin't even really figure out if I had odds to call a cap; but being new to table, and being Actuary, ddin't want to 3-bet fold.Then the tur gives me just enough to continue.If he bets the river, am I good 1/10 times? I was hoping, along with paying for a little info and being stubbornhis AF titilted me to call river and peel after his capI put him on KJ / KTs as the hands that beat me, and 77/88 or other misc hands, as the ones I beat

his AF titilted me to call river and peel after his cap  I put him on KJ / KTs as the hands that beat me, and 77/88 or other misc hands, as the ones I beat
Fold the flop. Not nearly good enough odds and you are always drawing to 2 outs.I really think folding the turn is an option as well. Sure we have 6 potential outs but whos to say we arent drawing dead some of the time here.As is fold the river. No way anyone but a maniac caps the flop with 77 / 88.

Why is Actuary posting 2/4 hands in the micro forum?As far as this particular hand. I think that based on the villain's stats we need to be calling the flop and folding the turn. The only real reason to call the flop is for metagame purposes as well. If you're gonna 3-bet the flop I think you have to fold to the cap. I can't imagine a hand that he caps with that we're not drawing to 2 outs and backdoor draws against.

Fold to the cap. With those stats, villian has a K or a 9. You are only getting 14-1 pot odds at that stage.Sometimes I peel the flop after getting capped, just out of pure spite. Spite is a spew, and is best reserved for evil dealers.

Yikes. With those stats, villian is a straight-forward, SSHE TAG. What's he raising and capping with that you beat?On rare occasion, against a TAG that I know WELL, who I think would raise the flop with air, heads up in position, I might smooth call the flop raise and gaybet/fold the turn. But that's rare, and it usually ends up being a spew.

predictable responses.... I would respond the same way so I'm not surprised.What is it about villans stats that make you think he has a K/9?seriously, no matter how badly I spewed here, wouldn't stats of 34/0.4/0.4 be more indicatie that I'm beat?

What is it about villans stats that make you think he has a K/9?
He doesn't just need to have a king or a 9 to have you beat IMO with those stats... 8)
huh?What does he have that's not a k/9 that doesn't raise preflop ,that beats me, with his stats?
You never capped the flop with an underpair. :club: I check/call down after he raises. Putting in more money with a probable 2nd best hand is not good poker.
never have! Except against a crazy maniac but that doesn't count.So you're ok with it?And definitely don't fold on turn (that would be really bad, imo), or river?Or do you c/c down after flop raise and don't 3-bet it?

ATs, A9s, KQs or KQo, KJs, QJs, 99-66. There are some hands you beat, but after the flop cap, I'm seriously doubting the ATs, QJs, 88-66 possibilities. He's not a maniac. Unless he thinks you are a maniac, he's not capping without a made hand. Does he think you are a maniac? Alternatively, has he seen you 3-bet/fold the flop before? If the answer to those last two questions are 'yes', then maybe you aren't beat. You maniac.

please answer how his stats make him more likely to have a k/9 than a looser/passive player?I don't doubt the action speaks of a k/9; but not his stats, imo.I had never 3-bet folded at the table (or ever perhaps) and he has no reason to think I'm a maniac (yet!)

Or do you c/c down after flop raise and don't 3-bet it?
That one.If I 3-bet, and it got capped, I would fold the turn UI.You don't have to win every hand. :wink:
you know this hand was a tribute to you, right?looks like you understand that! :wink:
please answer how his stats make him more likely to have a k/9 than a looser/passive player?I don't doubt the action speaks of a k/9; but not his stats, imo.I had never 3-bet folded at the table (or ever perhaps) and he has no reason to think I'm a maniac (yet!).
A 16/8 raises any playable hands from UTG (AA-99, AKs-A9s, KQs-QJs, AK-AJ). I'd expect him to fold everything else, but maybe this guy limps 88-66 and some other suited broadways? With 16/8/2.2, I'm surprised that he limps UTG at all. I can understand why you 3-bet the flop (88-66 is in the range), but the flop cap signals the end for me.(I don't personally consider AJ, A9s, and QJs as playable UTG hands, but villian might)
(I don't personally consider AJ, A9s, and QJs as playable UTG hands, but villian might)
oh boy. I do!I'm SLAPPY though, 21/9/ really low.to all....Results are coming soon.. and I'll be accused of being results oriented..so FU...ahead of time. I'm not! :-)
(I don't personally consider AJ, A9s, and QJs as playable UTG hands, but villian might)
oh boy. I do!
for a limp, or a raise?I've been trying to figure out what he could have that wasn't a king or a 9 with those stats and the flop cap, and the only ones I can agree with would be:A AQ QJ J10 10Call me crazy, but maybe, just maybe, this guy likes to limp/raise with high pairs UTG...EDIT: forgot that we raised pre-flop, allowing UTG a chance to re-re-raise...scratch this post. :?
oh boy. I do!
for a limp, or a raise?
I limp A9s and QJs UTG and Raise AJRocket: he might, but he didn't limp raise, if you mean preflop

You crazy fool! My stats are similar though (20/12/2.5). I must be SLAP and not even know it. Most of my SL comes from ill-advised blind steal attempts, I'm guessing.

You crazy fool!  My stats are similar though (20/12/2.5).  I must be SLAP and not even know it.  Most of my SL comes from ill-advised blind steal attempts, I'm guessing.
no you are SLAA (semi loose aggressive-aaggressive)I hear that's very fun.I c/c more than you and maybe spew less, but miss value bets.I'm trying to improve that last one.