• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm addicted to this show. I know it's predictable, but I love it. Hugh Laurie is incredible.
I love that fact, that the plot is completely formulaic (disease nobody understands confuses doctors, they guess a couple of wrong things, patient gets worse, then inspiration strikes house and his genius saves the day) yet this is irrelevant to what the show is about, as it is a character driven show. It really is about genius, and how much of an a-hole you can tolerate to be around it, and about how much the ends can justify the means. Also it is hilarious, which helps. One of my favorite things house does is when he blackmails a surgeon by saying he will tell the man's wife he is cheating on her unless he performs the operation, so he performs the operation and house tells the wife anyways :club:.

Best show on television right now, IMHO.

I think the character-drivenness (lol) could be taken to a whole new level if they varied the plot more. How does genius (in this case) deal with the death of his patients? How does that affect his future patients?

I think the character-drivenness (lol) could be taken to a whole new level if they varied the plot more. How does genius (in this case) deal with the death of his patients? How does that affect his future patients?
Fair point. But that the show can be so good in spite of its formulaicness (see I can make up words too :club: ) says something about ... well something.
This is probably my favorite show right now. The characters and teh dialogue have really made it into a great show. Listenin to the random comments is hilarious.
House definitely shines in the quip category
House is good, but unfortunately it's opposite Scrubs. More people need to watch Scrubs.Scrubs has even taken some shots at House in recent weeks.
I agree...house is kind of in between scrubs and ER. I like scrubs but i dont think it can compete against house
House is good, but unfortunately it's opposite Scrubs. More people need to watch Scrubs.Scrubs has even taken some shots at House in recent weeks.
What were the shots taken at House?
well yall got your wish and somebody died tonight for the first time in a while on the show. excited to see what happens tomorrow on it
I missed the second episode :club:
Your not the only one. However, I read the re cap. I won't spoil it.
Where's the best recap?

The funny thing is, that if CBS didn't move The Amazing Race to Wednesday night, then I probably still would have never seen House. The wife and I were watching American Idol a few weeks ago and House came on after it. This was the time when we would usually switch over to Amazing Race, but we decided to watch House. It was the episode where the husband and wife had the twisted sex fetish and she was poisoning him. We've been hooked ever since and I swear it's the best show on TV right now.