Which one did he have?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. 75 or 78?

Cast your vote here to guess what Daniel had in his hand. Here is the hand below in case you missed it:2:03pm: "Just played a SUPER interesting hand. Up to $17,500."2:04pm: "I made it $400 UTG LP call BB made it $1,200, call, call. Flop Qc 6c 4h. BB bet $1,500. Call, call. Turn 8. Check. I go all in for $9,625. LP player studies me for 5 minutes with bottom set! He lays it down. BB lays it down...What did I have? Tell you later..."2:09pm: "I showed the kid the 7 of spades and he is still talking about it. He is convinced I had 7 5 or 7 8...What do you think?!"

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted 78
it had to be 7-5... no way DN is going to get all his money in when he is playing so well so early on drawing to 4 outs... he for sure sensed weakness and decided to semibluff with an open ended, but i dont think he would have done it with a gutty
it had to be 7-5... no way DN is going to get all his money in when he is playing so well so early on drawing to 4 outs... he for sure sensed weakness and decided to semibluff with an open ended, but i dont think he would have done it with a gutty
besides the draw, he also had a pair...Daniel couldve completely misread his opponent and put him on AK...

I don;t think 78 is an option. No way calling 1500 on 78 with no flush draw and a player behind left to act. I say 76 - Putting the BB on JJ/TT or AK, he calls 1500 thinking LP is weak. Q7 is a calling hand too, but a little weird UTG (even for Daniel).75 obviously makes sense, given that there is over $8K in the pot and it makes sense to go all-in to close the door on flush draws or boat possibilities. But if that were the right answer, it wouldn;t be "SUPER" interesting. :club:

If it was 7-8..it would seem to be awfully fishy for him to call with a gutshot on that flop...so I'll say 7-5
i was going to say the same, that without a significant read or specific chip situation, calling with 78 seems pretty poor on that flop. since its 3-way, i think that takes a lot of the "read" options out of it.i think if it is 78, DN has some real 'splainin' to do, and since I think he's the man, i'll just say 75.

I voted 78 because those were the only choices and I think he would trap with 75, but I think 77 is more likely given the action. I still can't understand why the other guy would lay down a set here. My money is in with the set, since I could have the best hand and can outdraw Daniel if he has the straight. The only hand you really fear is a bigger set, and I pay that off.

I'm going with 75 only because I remember the hand at the Borgata where Daniel one a big pot from Josh Arieh with pocket queens and Josh laid down his pair. Daniel showed the queen of diamonds and acting like he bluffed Josh with a miss flush draw.I also believe Daniel won't call on the flop with just a gutshot, though I wouldn't put it pass him.

7 - 2 not an option? :club: Gotta be 7 - 5.No way he had an 8. He sensed weakness and pounded away.TP/MM(hey Patty!)Go D! (actually I just signed on and have no idea if he's still in it!) :D
wouldn't sensing weakness be the opposite reason of pushing?he sensed someone had a strong hand and he'd still get paid off with his straight. he priced draws out, but would hope a hand like bottom set calls.
wouldn't sensing weakness be the opposite reason of pushing?he sensed someone had a strong hand and he'd still get paid off with his straight. he priced draws out, but would hope a hand like bottom set calls.
:club: Duh. I just re-read the hand and realized I am half asleep. I change my mind and choose that he had 7 - 8.
Cast your vote here to guess what Daniel had in his hand. Here is the hand below in case you missed it:2:03pm: "Just played a SUPER interesting hand. Up to $17,500."2:04pm: "I made it $400 UTG LP call BB made it $1,200, call, call. Flop Qc 6c 4h. BB bet $1,500. Call, call. Turn 8. Check. I go all in for $9,625. LP player studies me for 5 minutes with bottom set! He lays it down. BB lays it down...What did I have? Tell you later..."2:09pm: "I showed the kid the 7 of spades and he is still talking about it. He is convinced I had 7 5 or 7 8...What do you think?!"
7c8c or the hand really wouldn't be that interesting.
It says in the OP that he showed the 7 of spades.

I actually voted for 78 because Im a moron and hit the wrong choice, so I meant 75. Daniel has no problem raising UTG with hands like these, suited 95% of the time, and from watching his play last night on GSN, I saw an interesting hand where he re-raised Freddy Deeb when he flopped a wheel. Just seems like he has no problem pushing really strong hands.