Villain tripled up first hand with full house over str8 and some other garbage and has been bleeding chips mainly but haven't seen any other hands. Is pre-flop good? On the flop I want to check/call but when he shoves I'm just clueless/skeered of what to do. Looking back he probably wouldn't do this with the Q but at this level you never know.feral_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($2.00+$0.20) t15/t30 - 9 playersButton: t3,375 SB: t2,650 BB: t2,825 UTG: t2,710 UTG+1: t2,200 MP: t6,685 (Hero)MP2: t3,085 HJ: t3,250 CO: t5,940 Preflop: (t45) Hero is MP with Ac.gifAd.gif (9 players)2 folds, Hero raises to t90, 2 folds, CO raises to t150, 2 folds, BB calls t120, Hero raises to t500, CO calls t350, BB calls t350Flop: (t1,515) Qc.gifQd.gif8h.gif (3 players)BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets t5440 and is all-in, BB folds, Hero ?

I can't find a fold here vs described villain. Call it off imoI generally think villains will try to slow play or bet smaller with a Q/88 in these spots.Pre-flop sizing is pretty good, but vs laggy villains who will call too wide regardless of price, we can go pretty exploitably big here, like 750 or so.

Villain tripled up first hand with full house over str8 and some other garbage and has been bleeding chips mainly but haven't seen any other hands. Is pre-flop good? On the flop I want to check/call but when he shoves I'm just clueless/skeered of what to do. Looking back he probably wouldn't do this with the Q but at this level you never know.feral_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($2.00+$0.20) t15/t30 - 9 playersButton: t3,375 SB: t2,650 BB: t2,825 UTG: t2,710 UTG+1: t2,200 MP: t6,685 (Hero)MP2: t3,085 HJ: t3,250 CO: t5,940 Preflop: (t45) Hero is MP with Ac.gifAd.gif (9 players)2 folds, Hero raises to t90, 2 folds, CO raises to t150, 2 folds, BB calls t120, Hero raises to t500, CO calls t350, BB calls t350Flop: (t1,515) Qc.gifQd.gif8h.gif (3 players)BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets t5440 and is all-in, BB folds, Hero ?
Looks like a snap to me... like 10s or something that thinks he found a safe flop

Thanks for the responses, I guess I suck because I folded. I guess instead of worrying about protecting my stack early on I should be looking to build it more. Looking back (like the moment after I hit fold) I thought I made a horrible fold and kicked myself the rest of my "session". That fold probably was a big factor in why I min. cashed instead of making a deeper run. I just didn't have the stack once the bubble rolled around to abuse it. Oh well, next time I'm in a similar situation I will call this.

Folding isn't bad here either. I'd be hesitant too about sticking a 6,685 stack in with blinds 15/30. There will always be future spots. This particiular hand is just read dependant on folding.

• 2 weeks later...

looks a lot like JJ to me imo or 10's im snapping

looks a lot like JJ to me imo or 10's im snapping
Yeah. I think you will see Qx a decent %, but much more often this is a smaller PP. However, I think we need to c-bet this flop, and I'm still calling a raise when we do. So many fish think like this 'ZOMG THE BOTH OBV HAVE ACE KING SO I MUCT GO ALLIN BEFORE THEY CATCH!!!!'

I would never ever fold this, especially if its against the type of player you've described. Its not really about trying to build a massive stack early on, its more just more a case of using ur good judgement of the situation at hand and trusting your read. If you're wrong, u lose $2.20. But realistically he's hardly ever gonna have u beat here.