Fcp Mailing List Compromised?

I use a unique email address for my FCP account. I've never used it anywhere but on FCP, yet today I received a spam email from an Tel Aviv-based outfit called betting-optin.com.This is a little scary. If FCP's email list has been leaked, has other account information been leaked too? I've reported it to FCP Support, but I am wondering if anyone else has received 3rd party spam like this.

I use a unique email address for my FCP account. I've never used it anywhere but on FCP, yet today I received a spam email from an Tel Aviv-based outfit called betting-optin.com.This is a little scary. If FCP's email list has been leaked, has other account information been leaked too? I've reported it to FCP Support, but I am wondering if anyone else has received 3rd party spam like this.
you got to be kidding?Dude, go open an email account just about anywhere and let it sit without doing anything and within a reasonable amount of time you will get spam. Its the nature of bots on the internet. This is especially true if your using a public email like yahoo, msn, gmail, hotmail, etc.

dude, I'm not kidding. This email has not been published anywhere except in FCP's system. It's not a public email, and it's not on yahoo, msn, gmail, etc.

you got to be kidding?Dude, go open an email account just about anywhere and let it sit without doing anything and within a reasonable amount of time you will get spam. Its the nature of bots on the internet. This is especially true if your using a public email like yahoo, msn, gmail, hotmail, etc.
FullContactPoker.com would share personal information about you under the following circumstances: We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law. We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with FullContactPoker.com under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help FullContactPoker.com communicate with you about offers from FullContactPoker.com and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
I wonder if the bolded above qualifies as an answer...this says to me that if a company helps FCP market stuff...then that same company that has access to the email addresses, but perhaps has other accounts(such as that betting site) they work with, used your email to market to their entire client base. If they don't send the list to the company itself...they technically aren't sharing.Plus...at the end of the day...meh. Just hit the delete key or put it on a blocked list. Case closed :club:
Hi dlingdling, we haven't provided our e-mail database to any other companies other then the On Game Network.The most likely way that the spammer received your e-mail is via a Network Sniffer that is installed somewhere on one of the servers located between our e-mail server and your e-mail server on the internet.Since 99% of e-mail traffic is not encrypted a malicous Network Sniffer could be designed to datamine the e-mail addresses of the traffic that is passing through that part of the internet and then used to spam those addresses. Another way that your e-mail address could have fallen into the hands of the spammers is via a worm or virus on your computer designed to steal the e-mail addresses on your computer.Once your e-mail address is in the hands of the spammers the genie is out of the bottle and you'll probably continue to receive an increasing amount of spam.

Rosi [list4@betting-optin.com]I got the same email from this person this morning. Luckily is was blocked in my MS Outlook as Junk.Weird.

Rosi [list4@betting-optin.com]I got the same email from this person this morning. Luckily is was blocked in my MS Outlook as Junk.Weird.
Yep got the same email this morning and it went to my junk folder in gmail
  • 4 weeks later...
The most likely way that the spammer received your e-mail is via a Network Sniffer that is installed somewhere on one of the servers located between our e-mail server and your e-mail server on the internet.
I agree this is possible... but I also used a unique email address for FCP, and I also received a spam email from betting-optin.com. Now what are the odds that all of our email paths are sniffed by the same harvester, who then sold the email address to betting-optin.com but not to other spammers?More likely, FCP sold the list, an insider leaked the list without FCP's knowledge, or an outsider broke into to FCP and stole the list.fox force 5
I agree this is possible... but I also used a unique email address for FCP, and I also received a spam email from betting-optin.com. Now what are the odds that all of our email paths are sniffed by the same harvester, who then sold the email address to betting-optin.com but not to other spammers?More likely, FCP sold the list, an insider leaked the list without FCP's knowledge, or an outsider broke into to FCP and stole the list.fox force 5
STFU.Bob, send out the FCP Ninja Squad to dispatch of this pesky ass-clown.

When I signed up for a gmail account I never even USED it for a few months... when I went to use it for the first time I had like 30 spam e-mails in the spam folder... I'm pretty sure google keeps things free that way. lolDunno about this case though... I'd say they aren't selling our info though.

STFU.Bob, send out the FCP Ninja Squad to dispatch of this pesky ass-clown.
relax xx...fox force is one of the top players on FCP and i dont think Bob appreciatesre these kinds of posts.clowning around in the other forums is cool, but try to keep this forum proffessional.(sp?)

yeah even if u dont give out the email adress there are random bots and stuff that can still send u emails

LAST LONGER NOW!ASK ME HOW!!!! :club:
Hey buddy - buddy buddy buddy buddy!chappelle_show.jpg