#41 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:27 PM

View Postmeservery, on Friday, January 5th, 2007, 8:32 PM, said:

arenas tonight: 35 pts, 12 assists, 7 boards, 4 steals
He was such a steal in fantasy basketball last year, now he 1st round material and everyone knows it :club:

#42 gilbertology

gilbertology

o0o

• Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:36 PM

View Postking1305, on Sunday, January 7th, 2007, 4:41 PM, said:

HIBACHI
NEW YORK (TICKER) - Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas has not cooled off in 2007. The Eastern Conference Player of the Month for December, Arenas was named NBA Player of the Week on Monday. Claiming his third career weekly honor, Arenas averaged 33.3 points, 7.3 rebounds, 7.3 assists and 2.7 steals in helping the Wizards win two of three games. In Wednesday's 108-105 victory over Milwaukee, he had 32 points, 11 boards, eight assists, four steals and sank a buzzer-beating 32-footer to win the game. I believe that's 3 player of the weeks in the last 4 weeks. En fuego!Here's a link to Gil's blog at nba.com http://www.nba.com/b...ert_arenas.html
Fully loaded satellites
will conquer nothing but our minds

#43 princeof56k

princeof56k

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:36 PM

Wow! Gilbert has 51 pts in a win over the Jazz, and Utah is good team that plays defense. Amazing.

#44 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:44 PM

View Postprinceof56k, on Monday, January 15th, 2007, 9:36 PM, said:

Wow! Gilbert has 51 pts in a win over the Jazz, and Utah is good team that plays defense. Amazing.
You left out that he hit the game winner, one of 3 guys in last 10 years to go for 50 and hit a game winning shot in the last 10 seconds of the game.

#45 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:02 AM

dropped to 8th in the player ratings....You wouldn't think it, not with the way the mere mention of something called a "Gilbert Arenas" just seems to bring a smile to the face of young and old alike, but Agent Zero has been struggling recently. Take out Monday's win over the Jazz, and Arenas averaged 19 points on 29 percent shooting in four games (two wins) since Jan. 10. Of course, he drops a Forget-Me-Now in our drink with that 51-point explosion against Utah, nailing a game-winning three-pointer at the buzzer and at once making everything all right.---Kelly Dwyer, Cnnsi.comThe season has nearly reached the halfway point, and the Minnesota Timberwolves (the ones who employ some of the sounder minds of our generation, including Ricky Davis, Eddie Griffin, Mark Blount and Mike James) are three games over .500, and have won seven of nine in January. Garnett is averaging 24.6 points, 14.1 rebounds, 4.8 assists, 2.7 blocks and a steal during that stretch. Just something to think about the next time you hear someone trumping Arenas for the MVP award.---Dwyer Dwyane WadeDidn't mind making the noise, and hardly mind retelling the story for the faithful reader(s): Wade tossed in a body-reversed runner off glass during Thursday's win over Indiana that made me gasp like a teeny bopper at a Herman's Hermits (or whatever the kids jive to these days) concert. No boffin in all of Florida would recommend the sort of spin Wade put on the leather for any sort of recreational activity, but you can't argue with the results, or Wade's January averages of 30.7 points, 8.5 assists, 2.7 steals.----dwyer
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#46 flyingdonkey

flyingdonkey

Mexican Transformers

• Members
  • 2,956 posts
  • Interests:I love play pokah!

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:48 AM

I still think Dirk is the front runner this year...

#47 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:30 AM

View Postflyingdonkey, on Saturday, January 20th, 2007, 9:48 AM, said:

I still think Dirk is the front runner this year...
agree. he is #1 in dwyer's player ratings. Playing lights out right now. This whole thread was about Arenas' MVP chances which I think are close to non-existent. Sure Arenas is amazing but he is just the flavor of the month as well. I cant see him ending up above the usuals: Dirk, nash, Wade, Bron, KG.....

#48 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:12 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Saturday, January 20th, 2007, 10:02 AM, said:

The season has nearly reached the halfway point, and the Minnesota Timberwolves (the ones who employ some of the sounder minds of our generation, including Ricky Davis, Eddie Griffin, Mark Blount and Mike James) are three games over .500, and have won seven of nine in January. Garnett is averaging 24.6 points, 14.1 rebounds, 4.8 assists, 2.7 blocks and a steal during that stretch. Just something to think about the next time you hear someone trumping Arenas for the MVP award.---Dwyer
Someone please give this man a team to contend with!

#49 Jimboozie

Jimboozie

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Go Fish triple draw hi/lo

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:31 AM

I just traded away Pau Gasol and Ron Artest for Gil Arenas and AK47 in my fantasy league. I'm already having doubts about it. :club:

#50 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:59 PM

side by side comparison of Arenas and Wade from John Hollinger's Espn.com article about his All star picks......Gilbert Arenas, G, WizardsArenas' non-selection a year ago was among the most indefensible All-Star snubs ever (he eventually made it as an injury replacement), but he needn't worry about a repeat.Mr. Hibachi has pumped in 29.4 points per game, nailed multiple game-winning shots, and thrown his hat into the MVP ring while keeping Washington atop the Southeast Division.Here's an added thought -- perhaps he should get an invite to the 3-Point Shootout too. Arenas is shooting 39.1 percent from downtown on nearly eight attempts a game, many of which are difficult off-the-dribble tries.Dwyane Wade, G, HeatHe's not going to win the MVP award because of the Heat's record, but I am utterly convinced that Wade is the best player in the league, and that Miami would be about 5-37 right now without him.Not only is he No. 1 in the NBA in PER, he's also a solid defender and a deadly player in late-game situations because of his ability to get a shot whenever he wants and his knack for getting to the line.Lost in all his scoring exploits is how much he's helping those around him: He's quietly averaging 7.9 assists per game, making him seventh in the league and the runaway No. 1 among shooting guards.

#51 gilbertology

gilbertology

o0o

• Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:55 PM

The Wizards win a thriller on the road in Detroit to take over the #1 spot in the Eastern conference. Gilbert and Antawn lead the way with Gilbert scoring 25 and dishing out 10 assists with only 1 TO.CaneBrain, this thread is about Gilbert Arenas and the Washington Wizards and their respective fans. It's not about Gilbert for MVP, it's about Gil leading the Wiz past where they've been in the playoffs anytime in the last 30 years.How are the Heat doing? Shaq back and a 20 point loss to the Knicks? Lolz, no wonder you're such a negative/condescending/hate-filled person. I'm sorry about your team, and sorry you feel the need to bash other exemplary teams/players to make yourself feel better. :club: Go Wiz!Oh, and Gilbert Arenas is an all-star Starter! wooohooooooooooHibachi!
Fully loaded satellites

#52 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:21 AM

View Postgilbertology, on Friday, January 26th, 2007, 6:55 PM, said:

The Wizards win a thriller on the road in Detroit to take over the #1 spot in the Eastern conference. Gilbert and Antawn lead the way with Gilbert scoring 25 and dishing out 10 assists with only 1 TO.CaneBrain, this thread is about Gilbert Arenas and the Washington Wizards and their respective fans. It's not about Gilbert for MVP, it's about Gil leading the Wiz past where they've been in the playoffs anytime in the last 30 years.How are the Heat doing? Shaq back and a 20 point loss to the Knicks? Lolz, no wonder you're such a negative/condescending/hate-filled person. I'm sorry about your team, and sorry you feel the need to bash other exemplary teams/players to make yourself feel better. :club: Go Wiz!Oh, and Gilbert Arenas is an all-star Starter! wooohooooooooooHibachi!
Crawford made 15 straight shots what are you gonna do. Go read the espn.com article where it says that if the Wiz are the #1 seed and the Heat are the #8 seed the Heat would still be the favorite. Made me think of you and your lame team that will never win a thing. You said you think Gil should win MVP. and I think that is crazy talk so I am going to keep updating. enjoy.

#53 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:03 PM

I think Crawford actually hit 16 straight shots, I don't think your MVP candidate has ever done that. I have to give Gilbert props on the comment about dropping 80+ on Duke if given the chance, I don't think the Tarheels are going to need any help in that area this year though.

View Postgilbertology, on Friday, January 26th, 2007, 8:55 PM, said:

CaneBrain, this thread is about Gilbert Arenas and the Washington Wizards and their respective fans. It's not about Gilbert for MVP, it's about Gil leading the Wiz past where they've been in the playoffs anytime in the last 30 years.
Really... I guess the thread title is a little misleading since is says nothing about the Wizards, the playoffs or anything other than Arenas. Or maybe it was that 1/2 your comments in the thread including the next one from the same post are a little misleading about the team aspect of this thread.

View Postgilbertology, on Friday, January 26th, 2007, 8:55 PM, said:

Oh, and Gilbert Arenas is an all-star Starter! wooohooooooooooHibachi!

#54 gilbertology

gilbertology

o0o

• Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:27 PM

Another big victory against the Pistons, keeping the Wiz in first place in the east.Arenas 36 pts, 5 3s, 11-12 ft, 11 assists, 7 rebsExpect his scoring to go up if Jamison misses any significant time
Fully loaded satellites

#55 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:32 AM

View Postgilbertology, on Tuesday, January 30th, 2007, 10:27 PM, said:

Expect his scoring to go up if Jamison misses any significant time
More than likely, to bad I like Jamison (gotta root for UNC players). Hope he isn't hurt to bad.

#56 meservery

meservery

I've climbed the stairway to maturity!

• Members
  • 1,539 posts
  • Interests:Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Cho Chang, etc.
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:51 AM

Wizards v Lakers part II tonight.Over/Under on total points for Arenas and Bryant?

#57 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:53 AM

On the same day that D-Wade scored 18 pts in the 4th quarter to help the Heat blow out the Spurs, Gilbert Arenas scored 9 pts (0-8 from 3) against Portland as the Wiz lost by 20. Arenas boldly predicted he would drop 50 on the Blazers so he fell merely 41 short.After the game, his own coach called him out for not being a leader. (and implied he is a stats obsessed ball hog, which he is.)I cannot wait to bet against the Wiz in the playoffs. I hope they get unlucky and get the Heat in the first round.

#58 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,033 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:59 PM

I officially hate Gilbert Arenas. That is all.
Spoiler

#59 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:22 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Monday, February 12th, 2007, 12:53 PM, said:

On the same day that D-Wade scored 18 pts in the 4th quarter to help the Heat blow out the Spurs, Gilbert Arenas scored 9 pts (0-8 from 3) against Portland as the Wiz lost by 20. Arenas boldly predicted he would drop 50 on the Blazers so he fell merely 41 short.After the game, his own coach called him out for not being a leader. (and implied he is a stats obsessed ball hog, which he is.)I cannot wait to bet against the Wiz in the playoffs. I hope they get unlucky and get the Heat in the first round.
I loved his prediction but when he failed to live up to his own hype his excuse was pathetic. "we focused to much on defense"... hahahahahahahahaha

#60 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:30 PM

Ummmm so no updates on Agent Zero? Maybe because thats close to what his shooting percentage has been since the All Star game. I think he has knocked himself out of any MVP contention over the last two weeks.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users