• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 8,244 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:29 PM

There is one special card in Omaha H/L that is twice as pwerful as any card in the deck. It's for that reason, that the A-4-9-J is the best hand to have in this spot, despite the difficulties you may face after the flop. The 2-3-4-9 hand offers a better low draw, but A-4 isn't terrible heads up with position. The problem with the 2-3-4-9 hand is that it would be tough to win the high side. The K-Q-10-9 hand is also pretty strong, but it totally sucks if it comes an Ace or any three babies. The only way to make money with this hand is to hit a high flop and hope that your opponent flops a slightly weaker hand with high cards.
Posted Image

#2 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:37 PM

Yay. I was right.

#3 Zeatrix

Zeatrix

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:43 AM

View PostSwift_Psycho, on Thursday, April 27th, 2006, 4:37 AM, said:

Yay. I was right.
Yay, me too :club:
FCP's resident swede...
...and global warming informer.

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for a reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." - Albert Einstein
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the
evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something
which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest
evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.
" - Bertrand Russell

#4 JacKingOff_suit

JacKingOff_suit

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:10 PM

My cross post at the question session.I will fold all three preflop 7-handed even I am on the button and even no one has entered in the pot. It doesn't cost me a penny when I fold.Just from my experience, sometimes when no one has shown interests in the pot, the "good hands" are probably in the blinds.If there's a gun pointing on my head forcing me to pick a hand to raise on the button then I will definitely pick A4J9, not even close. It has potentials on both high and low, the other two are simply one directional hand, and we are in the two-dimensional game.
"Raise More Than Call, Fold More Than Raise!"

#5 greatwhite

greatwhite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,089 posts
  • Interests:poker, skiing, movies, following the yankees, knicks, and jets , and traveling
  • Favorite Poker Game:Pot Limit Omaha

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:00 PM

View PostJacKingOff_suit, on Thursday, April 27th, 2006, 6:10 PM, said:

My cross post at the question session.I will fold all three preflop 7-handed even I am on the button and even no one has entered in the pot. It doesn't cost me a penny when I fold.Just from my experience, sometimes when no one has shown interests in the pot, the "good hands" are probably in the blinds.If there's a gun pointing on my head forcing me to pick a hand to raise on the button then I will definitely pick A4J9, not even close. It has potentials on both high and low, the other two are simply one directional hand, and we are in the two-dimensional game.
You're losing a lot of value. Unless I'm faced with a raise I'm playing all of these on the button for a raise in an unlimped pot. With limpers I'd play 2349 and sometimes KQT9. I'd feel much better if it was KQJ9.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users