Starts tonight in one hour for you East Coastersedit: let's see how long I can edit one post to say all I wantFirst Episode1. I didn't pay too much attention at the beginning but it was kinda cool to see mini-montages of previous designs from the contestants. For whatever reason, I got the vibe from the last chick, The Oaktown Iranian, that she was someone to watch. So, I'll pick her as my "choice" to win for no reason at all.2. I thought the right person went home. bad construction on a meh idea. HEY they got it right!3. I'm WAY more intrigued by all the contestants this season than the previous. even amongst the bottom we saw unique and interesting designs. it was all over the place. we had giant warts and Flash Gordon villains and a tron dress.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAY, new season! I'm pumped.1. They always do those mini-montages of previous designs, and it's fun to look back on later in the season to see whether their style has persisted. Some of the montages did not impress me, consisting of mostly basic dresses, or masculine urban wear which isn't my thing at all. Maya caught my eye with her ruffly stuff, as did the Iranian, and Ping of course. I am picking Maya as my early pick, even though she was in the middle this week (her dress was a simple beigey type with a big ruffle around the shoulder, nothing thrilling).2. I thought the other bottom two-er should have gone home. Using that fabric to make an evening dress is so tacky, it's like what a Z-list celebrity would wear to the premiere of Indiana Jones: The Twenty-Ninth Sequel in 3D. They would definitely be on the worst-dressed list. What really killed it for me was tacking on the bottom part like that, which the judges even noticed, so I was surprised they didn't eliminate that designer. Re: the one that went home. They judges said the same things I thought. I didn't like the fabrics together. The poorly done hem was a no-no. I hated the draping that went into the seam, it looked so cheap and spoiled the garment. However, I thought the dress was more interesting and somewhat more tasteful than the other one - at least it showed some promise with the draped shoulder, the silhouette, and the general cheerfulness of it.3. The contestants are definitely looking better. Just look at how much colour we got this round! Last season was all black, white, grey, and brown. More than half the garments this round used not only colour but patterns! It's a bonanza for me! I hope they continue with it throughout the season. 4. I dug the winning dress a lot. I dug Ping's look, even though it's not something I would wear I thought it was artful, very thoughtfully created, and high impact on the runway. However, the other top 3 dress was heinous in my opinion. I couldn't believe the judges praised it. It was the grey plaid punky dress with zipper straps and a big red zip in the back, with a puffy hem. I didn't mind the shape or construction though the bust/straps area was unflattering in my opinion. But the tacky use of fabric right down to using the bright red zip - it was like punk 101, so cliched, so Avril Lavigne. Michael Kors said it was commericial, which was exactly what I was thinking only in a negative way - like you could get that dress in Hot Topic right now if you drove to your local mall. I don't predict big things for that designer.5. How did that little mini dress with ruffley hips and a big ruffly rosette on the tummy not make it into the bottom 3? The judges normally hate when designers add volume to the hips and tummy since it is so unflattering on women. The fabrics were nice but even if you took away those ruffley segments the dress would have been too simple on it's own. I hated that one.Overall, a very promising start to the season with few bad apples and some real potential. I can't wait for next week!

RE 5: usually giant warts are bad but at this point in the season it's not that atrotious. they're trying to find people who just didn't do anything interesting at all.One that is underrated is the office attire without shoulders. If you remember that one.

Tim's blog for this week: http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/tim-gunn-blogThis weeks looks:sethweek1.pngpingweek1.pngpamelaweek1.pngmilaweek1.pngSeth, Ping, Pamela, Milamayaweek1.pngjonathanweek1.pngjesusweek1.pngjesseweek1.pngMaya, Jonathan, Jesus, Jessejayweek1.pngjaneaneweek1.pngemilioweek1.pngchristianeweek1.pngJay, Janeane, Emilio, Christianebenweek1.pnganthonyweek1.pngannaweek1.pngamyweek1.pngBen, Anthony, Anna, AmyMy best to worst with some comments:1. Emilio2. Ping3. Jonathan4. Ben5. Anna (agree with Tim - sweet but a little humdrum)6. Maya (Tim loved it, very well made but shoulder ruffle a Project Runway cliche?)7. Janeane8. Mila9. Pamela10. Amy (Weird unflattering pleating on the left boob)11. Anthony (Tacky fabric, not a great dress)12. Jesse (Tim liked it, I felt it was unflattering and didn't sit right at the bust)13. Seth (Tim loved it, I hated it, especially the styling which they all praised - the Amydala lipstick? Are you kidding?)14. Jay (Tim also commented on the ruffles on the hips being bad)15. Christiane16. JesusIf you want I can post the outfits like this every week so we can understand which garments we're referring to.Re: the off the shoulder office look, see my comment next to '12. Jesse' above.

my orderEmilo (obv from the amount of work. quite good)Jonathan (just good. if it was a different colour it might've won)Seth (I think it really captures the tru blood/tooly/immature crowd quite well. skirt is too short)Jesse (I just like it. looks different in picture than in motion. can't remember how it looked with jacket off)PingMaya (yes cliche but well done here. different model and it might not work)Amy (weird boob but the skirt is good)JaneaneAnna (both J and A played it safe)Ben (Flash. oooOOoo)Mila (the shirt is tron. it's quite weird. not good. not horrible)Pamela (giant sleeves are my nemesis)Jay (giant warts)Jesus (at least it looked like someone a hot chick would wear (in the 70s). very james bond slut)Anthony (if it was a long dress or some type of pant suit thing it could've worked. yes tacky but might've worked if he didn't do exactly what a pre-teen would've done with it)Christiane (just didn't work)Oh. and. yes. please post like this. I'll try if I'm not lazy and they're online when I'm posting.

:club::ts:4h Lady Grey, you are a goddess! :5c:3h:qh My favorites were Emilio -- hard work, done beautifully, unique idea. His had it all this week. Ping's was really interesting in an arty, high-fashion sort of way (i.e., not in a wearable sort of way, but I think frankly we've seen far too much "wearable" out of PR recently. It's like spending an hour in the mall.) Ping, however, is walking a tightrope. That kind of high fashion means that one week, for no reason at all except Nina's cramps and Michael's hemorrhoids, the judges will dump all over her and send her home. If she continues like this, she will always be a love-it-or-hate-it look and could either win it all or implode. I'm surprised Tim hated it, but I disagreed with several of his blog comments this week.Amy's poor model looked like she'd had a mastectomy. I like the print of the skirt, but the boob issue overwhelmed it.Seth's punk look was a total cliche and I agree it shouldn't have been so praised as it was.Christiane was the right one to send home, because the dress looked like it had been slapped together in ten minutes and was really badly sewn.

Wow, the judges really love Ping.That dress was an utter disaster, by far and away the worst of the lot.[sorry, every time I try to insert a spoiler, I get "error on page."] This was the best I could do for those of you who haven't seen it yet.]

well looks like LG put all the photos from her photobucket and I'm about to head to bed so uhh. thanks, in advance, for doing it again, LG!few things1. spoilers are done as such

[spoiler]ping sucked this week[/spoiler]

2. anna's dress looked pretty much the same as last week...3. the saviour is going home next week. THE JUDGES NEVER LEARN4. jonathan has the perfect model for his designs5. maya was lucky not to be in the bottom this week6. seth, and others, really like the short skirts. too short. I'm a guy. who likes chicks.

This was a fun challenge. My favorites this week: - Amy, really nice natural looking, brought out the best in the burlap2010-01-22-AMY.png- Mila, love the futuristic styling, made her model look hot2010-01-22-MILA.png- Seth, this one was really neat2010-01-22-SETH.png

This weeks pictures:sethaaron.jpgping.jpgpamela.jpgmila.jpgSeth - Ping - Pamela - Milamaya.jpgjonathan.jpgjesus.jpgjesse.jpgMaya - Jonathan - Jesus - Jessejay.jpgjaneane.jpgemilio.jpgben.jpgJay - Janeane - Emilio - Benanthony.jpganna.jpgamy.jpgAnthony - Anna - AmyMy order of preference:1. Anthony (I know it was simple, but the colour is great and the swoopiness of the skirt looks gorgeous. It's totally wearable)2. Amy (Cute)3. Jay (Like Kors I thought he had stuck feathers on, my view totally changed when I realised it was still burlap. Wish the top half was more refined though)4. Mila (A lot of it is fantastic but it dropped a lot in my rating because of the gaping bust. I know she said it was deliberate, but I don't believe her. It doesn't fit at the bust)5. Janeane (Boring, but harmless)6. Seth (Interesting in an urban way. The hoop skirt thing was intriguing, grommets in the hood might be overkill)7. Ben (Cute colour and lovely top half, esp the bling adornments, but the bottom half isn't so nice. Too poofy, makes the girls but look big)8. Maya (Too ethnic looking, but otherwise some nice shapes with the layers, if it had been edited a bit with maybe a simple tube top it could have worked)9. Jonathan (I found the lace and buckles on the boobs to be a bit tacky. Shape is very simple. Nothing to call home about)10. Emilio (I don't like the colours together, and I don't like the combination of what looks like lace with geometric patterns... they just don't match. Otherwise, nice proportions)11. Anna (Potato printing was a cool idea, but she just made it looks dirty. Style of the dress is too similar to last week)12. Jesse (I was impressed when I first saw it, but then felt it looks a bit military/equestrian in a bad way. Once I was reminded that the outfits were supposed to be for an industry party, I thought this model would look ridiculously out of place, so it dropped a lot in my ratings)13. Jesus (He did the green going into the seam, like what Christiane did last week. His colour choices are so gloomy and inelegant. I think he has poor taste)14. Pamela (Badly made, and very tacky with the leather lacing on the back. Otherwise just a simple mini dress, very boring. Only good thing was the colour)15. Ping (They kept her for her artistic vision, but she really needs to prove herself next week following this monstrosity)

I really gave props to the people who made their designs look nothing like the bag.TopsGoodsOksBadsJay (I went back and forth between these two)MilaEmilio (a bit baggy but fit quite well. had to put it here. I like that he makes his own patterns. maybe better if the whole thing was red with the patterns.)Anthony (nice turn around. might've underrated him. the top portion I don't like as much. should be smooth like the bottom)Jonathan (he's got a style)Ben (LG put words to my thoughts. though I think a teal (of same shade) would've been better)Amy (I just didn't like the bottom as much as others did. the straps or whatever you call them are good though)Seth (like Jon he's got a style. not bad but I liked the others more. short and open like this. I dont like)Janeane (just very average)Anna (see my comment from previous post)Maya (I just hated the colour combination. felt like it was made to look complicated just to be complicated aka I can't lose if I don't do simple)Jesse (he said to himself "If I do pants, I won't go home" he was right. it sucked)Jesus (just not good)Pamela (paper mache)Ping (the original bag was better)LG, RE: Jesus. we also have to remember what MK said about the butt. it looked bad with 2 different things going on. he's going home next week. should've sent him this week. has he shown anything? Pamela had good colour at least and was better that Jesus last week. He might've not been the worst but PR doesn't always go by the latest week.

Episode 3Ping definitely deserved to go. But I think Ping's teammate had a bad attitude about working with her from the start; instead of trying to make the best of it he was just negative the whole time. Also I was really surprised that her model sold her out at the judging by saying she was never fitted. I thought they could justifiably have gotten rid of Anthony too. Both of his team's creations were horrible. The winning outfit, I did not really get. I mean, I kind of know why the judges liked it, but its just not appealing to me.

Episode 3Ping definitely deserved to go. But I think Ping's teammate had a bad attitude about working with her from the start; instead of trying to make the best of it he was just negative the whole time. Also I was really surprised that her model sold her out at the judging by saying she was never fitted. I thought they could justifiably have gotten rid of Anthony too. Both of his team's creations were horrible. The winning outfit, I did not really get. I mean, I kind of know why the judges liked it, but its just not appealing to me.
Agreed on everything.I thought Maya's team should have won. Her signature dress was outstanding. I can't remember who her teammate/team captain was but it was clearly her style. Two black dresses with black bolero/shrugs in one episode (not including the others that were emulating these 'signature' ones)? Wow. Not a great week.When I saw the inspiration for this challenge I thought it was the best possible challenge and we would see amazing work. For some reason they all went for pretty dreary, drab looks. Very disappointing, especially compared to the vibrancy and colour of the first week, which I had found so promising.I'll get the photos now so we can see the overview.

First off, did anyone notice this jerk from Project Runway (he was on it in 2 different seasons) in American Idol the other day?danielfranco.jpgDaniel Franco - he's such a goddamn creep. What a stupid attention whore, going on American Idol - is he addicted to being on TV or something? He's above the age limit anyway, but they showed him because he made some dumb joke about looking like the lovechild of Adam Lambert and Susan Boyle. It annoys me that PR had him on the show twice considering he is clearly a total joke.ANYWAYWeek 3 looks:ANTHONY AND SETH - SIGNATURE LOOK - CHEAPO LOOK (INSPIRED BY JESUS AND AMY) :anthonysethsig.pnganthonysethcheapjesus.pngEMILIO AND ANNA - SIGNATURE LOOK - CHEAPO LOOK (INSPIRED BY MAYA AND JAY) :emilioannasig.pngemilioannacheapmaya.pngJANEANE AND BEN - SIGNATURE LOOK - CHEAPO LOOK (INSPIRED BY MILA AND JONATHAN) :janeanebensig.pngjaneanebencheapmila.pngJESUS AND AMY - SIGNATURE LOOK - CHEAPO LOOK (INSPIRED BY PING AND JESSE) :jesusamysig.pngjesusamycheapping.pngMAYA AND JAY - SIGNATURE LOOK - CHEAPO LOOK (INSPIRED BY JANEANE AND BEN) :mayajaysig.pngmayajaycheapjaneane.pngMILA AND JONATHAN - SIGNATURE LOOK - CHEAPO LOOK (INSPIRED BY ANTHONY AND SETH) :milajonsig.pngmilajoncheapanthony.pngPING AND JESSE - SIGNATURE LOOK - CHEAPO LOOK (INSPIRED BY EMILIO AND ANNA) :pingjessesig.pngpingjessecheapemilio.pngMY RATINGS:1 - Maya and JaySig: Gorgeous, well-made, unique - should have won.Cheapo: Decent if boring, but then the inspiration is boring so there wasn't much to work with.2 - Mila and JonathanSig: Very stylised, good execution, striking on the catwalk. Unsure about the top under the swoopy jacket, I hate mismatched blacks.Cheapo: Hideous. I think this should have held them back from winning. This dress looks way cheaper than 50 bucks. The tacky looking trim around the waist, and worst of all that one black feather are just awful. The babydoll style is so lazy and overdone, too.3 - Emilio and AnnaSig: Sleek dress but very plain and simple, definitely not couture. This looks like something you could find already in a nice department store. The shrug/bolero didn't add anything to it for me, and is similar to Janane and Ben's look (or vice versa).Cheapo: Very cute dress, and very Anna, but NOTHING LIKE THE INSPIRATION. This is supposed to be inspired by Maya and Jay's dress, yet there is no resemblance whatsoever. I like the dress but it has no wow factor and it misses the point of the challenge.4 - Jesus and AmySig: Interesting technique with the applique but I don't LOVE it. Silhouette is very classic i.e. uninteresting. The ruffle thing doesn't work for me, doesn't match the dress and just isn't attractive. It either needs to be bigger and crazier, or be removed.Cheapo: I don't think this reflects Pings look that well, except for the use of a bit of lace. The tank top is a tank top, nothing impressive there, and nobody likes those giant MC Hammer trousers. What's going on with the neckline too? I don't like it.5 - Janeane and BenSig: So goddamn boring and bland. This Janeane really has no imagination. I was so disappointed when she was picked as a team leader. This look is like anything you see a woman wearing in an office or in the business section of a high street store. This was supposed to be a couture challenge! Is this really an inspiring look for them?Cheapo: This got a lot of praise but I don't like it. I see the inspiration which is good, but the jacket just looks like a cheap windbreaker to me. Plus, who wears a sporty windbreaker type jacket over a little black dress? I think the dress was a thrown together copout. 6 - Anthony and SethSig: Awful. The skirt looks wonky and just doesn't make sense. What is it supposed to look like? It has no flow or movement, it just looks awkward. The top half is even worse. The feathers just look tacky, especially the cluster which looks like something growing on her boob. I get that the feathers were supposed to add texture, but it ended up just looking costumey.Cheapo: Not great. Boring shaped dress. Overlaying black on peach is nothing original. They did the whole of the back with the overlay but made the front bodice plain black, which is annoyingly mismatched. Not a terrible look but definitely not something to be proud of.7 - Ping and JesseSig: I actually didn't hate this so much. It was a COUTURE challenge. The looks weren't supposed to be boring, everyday looks, they were supposed to make a statement. I loved the colours Ping/Jesse chose, and I like the draping but it looks unfinished, it needs more structure so that it's not just like a blanket she's wrapped in. Couture doesn't have to be totally wearable, just look at all the real couture runway shows. What I didn't like was the lace bodice. It was incongrous with the draping which was visually jarring.Cheapo: Ugh. What a boring, dull, poorly made dress. They clearly didn't even try with this. It doesn't reflect the inspiration except for the monochrome colour palette, which isn't a strong point. This is what lost it for them in my rankings.To be honest, I would rather have sent Janane home instead of Ping, since she is so ****ing boring and unimaginative. At least Ping's looks in weeks 1 and 3 have sparked my imagination (though the potato sack dress was admittedly a travesty).

my orderMaya/Jay (the signature look was the best look overall. the cheapo was better than the inspiration though that wasn't hard.)Mila/Jon (I like the jacket look but it wasn't THAT good. goes to show when you're different, you're in a power position. see Kenley couple seasons ago. you still have to be good though)Emilio/Anna (we can see both the quality of Emilio and simplicity of Anna. underrated. though not exactly couture or whatever the challenge was all about)Jesus/Amy (I hate the hammer-pants. the crazy collar was cool.)Janeane/Ben (They were lucky to get mila/jon as their inspiration because this is why they didn't get home. I don't know if it's because

I really want to bang the model

but that jacket look is really nice)Ping/Jesse (I kinda liked the toga-esque look. the inspiration piece looked like it cost $10)Anthony/Seth (I wanted to like these but they were just awful. case of two guys who have specific visions when they're working alone not meshing at all)I thought it was interesting that both of the top 2 teams supposedly had one person doing all the "work". In both cases, it also seemed like one person was doing all the "designing" too. Maya happened to do both. Mila did the jacket which is what they liked most so I guess she was a deserving winner. She made the design decisions. she made the one thing they liked the most.LG, I disagree about Jesus/Amy's cheapo look. The flowy/looseness is what they're going for. I would agree it's more "Ping" than this challenge's look though. problem is it might've been something where they haven't truly seen Ping's final look yet so who knows what exactly they were basing it offMaya was with Jay (who won last week) so he had immunity and that's why Maya was able to take control. It's actually better sometimes (as we saw in both top 2 teams) for one person to decide everything and the other to be "a seamstress". problem is PR sometimes punishes you for only doing that so if the "subservient" disagrees they're in a tough spot. could get sent home for "not saying enough" or for "being too difficult" or both sent home or whatever.V, I think Anthony is very costume-y in nature. His look last week was very "old hollywood" meets MTV/Avril Lavwhatever (I just mean it's short/cuteified). I don't mind him staying a bit longer as it was the marriage of him and Seth which screwed them both up. Ping just isnt all there. despite me rating Anthony/Seth lower this week. They've done more before than Ping.As far as Mila goes, like I said above, she's a Kenley type. You can go way ahead by being different. You still have to be good but it's just the nature of competition. stand out. don't be the same as everyone else. you can't really compare directly to someone else whereas others CAN so judges say "this person is similar to so and so and isn't as good. they're out". I like her (Mila) but I wasn't as high on the jacket as they were. It certainly was a case of everyone else made dresses.

Maya was with Jay (who won last week) so he had immunity and that's why Maya was able to take control.
You know what's interesting is Tim says in his blog that they never said the winner of last weeks challenge had immunity, there was no mention of immunity until Heidi said it at this weeks catwalk. So where that came from he has no idea, but he implies that Maya and Jay hadn't been told he had immunity and must have assumed it. Would have been interesting if they hadn't thought he had immnity, as you say he might have taken more control.

Seth - Mila - MayaS7E4-Seth.jpgS7E4-Mila.jpgS7E4-Maya.jpgJonathan - Jesus - JesseS7E4-Jonathan.jpgS7E4-Jesus.jpgS7E4-Jesse.jpgJay - Janeane - EmilioS7E4-Jay.jpgS7E4-Janeane.jpgS7E4-Emilio.jpgBen - Anthony - AnnnaS7E4-Ben.jpgS7E4-Anthony.jpgS7E4-Anna.jpgAmyS7E4-Amy.jpgAmyAnthony - I think he captured her wellJonathan - the top sucked. if this was done well he would'f wonMayaBen - this was the only rawr dress. yellow. not a good choice.Mila - didn't like this as much as judges. it looked like she had trouble walking in thisEmilio - did he still have Anna on the mind when he did this? very bland, Em.JesseSeth - Waitress at a 50s restaurantJaneane - bad but somehow not terrible. I don't know why.Jesus Jay Anna - These were equally horrible. Jesus. I don't need to say anything. Jay. the top looked so bad. Anna. the bottom (trim especially) looked horrid from every angle.no brainer sending Jesus home. he obviously was just going to bring the same bad stuff every week

I agree -- I did not get the judges' love for Mila's dress. It looked too tight, especially in the hips where it puckered and wrinkled, and it looked like the model could barely walk. I agreed with whoever said it looked like a cheap flag.I also totally got what the guest judge said about Maya -- I liked it a lot but I wasn't sure I should be liking it. I would have given it the win, though, for just that reason. When something keeps holding your attention, makes you (even momentarily) re-think what you expect of fashion (and makes a professional high-level designer re-think, no less), and holds you right on the edge between loving it and hating it ... man, THAT is fashion! That is the essence of what PR is supposed to be all about.Anthony's maybe wasn't so high-fashion, but I thought he deserved praise for how well he served his client. He made her look confident, sexy, and proud, and his outfit did great things for her body. He's been in the bottom so much I would have put him in the top three this time instead of Mila and given her his place in the middle tier.Too bad that the Son of Man went out on a dress that completely delighted both him and his apparently slightly white-trashy client. It was a slutfest, but that was exactly what she wanted. Sooo unwittingly ironic when he said he pleated the Campbell's fabric "to make it more elegant," on a dress whose closest connection to the word "elegant" might be being on the sale rack at LuEllen's House of Elegance somewhere in Mississippi or Arkansas. Yes, Lord, the pleating made it elegant.

1. Amy - nothing particularly innovative, but it was elegant, flattering, fit the brief, and perfect for the event2. Maya - Honestly I am not so keen on the brown swoop of fabric, it doesn't make me see a subtle heart, I just see a brown swoop that makes her hip look bigger. Otherwise, the proportions were great, it has lovely texture, and it looks expensive.3. Jonathan - I think the colour is a little too browny/dark, and I hate the tiered ruffly skirt, but I love the top and think it's really flattering. 4. Anthony - I don't like the jacket at all, but the dress suits her and is well made.5. Emilio - very boring and simple, too safe, but a decent dress with good proportions and it fits the brief.6. Jay - The top isn't very well constructed, but the shape suits the client and overall it isn't horrendous7. Ben - Hate the yellow middle, and the halter straps should be thinner. I wish the lining was all Campbells material rather than just the edges, that would have been fun with the leg slit making it semi-visible.8. Jesse - Not as bad as the judges said in my opinion. The jacket is fine. The corsage was a bit of a half-assed copout, he should have used the Campbells material as the belt/sash instead of white.9. Mila - I can't believe they praised this. To me the shape was good and the straps worked nicely, but the stars were so tacky and the dress didn't look well made. She would stand out for the wrong reasons. Not elegant.10. Janeane - The proprtions of this dress are awful, the under-slip thing goes down too far making the woman's legs look short. That woman has a good body, she could pull off above the knee and it would suit her more. I also preferred the V-necked top she had been working on, this changed version with the limp beige 'flowers' just looks cheap, like a bad bridesmaids dress you can buy in Kohls.11. Seth - So cheap looking and bland. Does he really think this speaks of his design aesthetic? Wrap style top and a circle skirt - that's like dress making 101. The horrible circular buckle is additionally tacky. I also think the skirt should be red too, why use black so prominently when it's a red challenge? His grecian dress looked way better, surely he could have added some flourishes to make it more 'Seth Aaron'12. Amy - This dress is so unflattering, and I don't get what she was trying to achieve with the tan material. You can't see her "print making" at all, I could tell that was a waste of time, it was invisible. If she had actually printed the fabric with a silkscreen or stamped it or something it could have been awesome - that is, if she also changed the design of the dress. I didn't even like the bottom half, I felt that this woman is too big to pull off such a short skirt, she needed knee-length.13. Jesus - she looks like a meth addict hooker in the picture you posted, runt. If it were floor length and didn't have the tacky crystals it could have been alright.Not a great week at all. I thought almost every dress looked cheap and poorly constructed.

Jonathan - the top sucked. if this was done well he would'f won
3. Jonathan - I think the colour is a little too browny/dark, and I hate the tiered ruffly skirt, but I love the top and think it's really flattering.
ha
I also totally got what the guest judge said about Maya -- I liked it a lot but I wasn't sure I should be liking it. I would have given it the win, though, for just that reason. When something keeps holding your attention, makes you (even momentarily) re-think what you expect of fashion (and makes a professional high-level designer re-think, no less), and holds you right on the edge between loving it and hating it ... man, THAT is fashion! That is the essence of what PR is supposed to be all about.
Not a great week at all. I thought almost every dress looked cheap and poorly constructed.
I put these together because this week wasn't particularly good. It's best when they have the tall and skinny models since that's what they're usually making. Though, seeing how they work when they're not working with that type can give us insight. I think it was bad for it to be a one day challenge (goes directly to LG's remark).I think we saw that Seth is locked into one thing and struggles outside of that. Anthony probably works best when he knows exactly what he's supposed to be making. Ben is not afraid to push and is unique in a very subtle way (I'm not quite sure what I mean here). Emilio plays the game (not trying to blow it out of the park every week). Everyone else is hard to say if we learned anything.
I think we saw that Seth is locked into one thing and struggles outside of that. Anthony probably works best when he knows exactly what he's supposed to be making. Ben is not afraid to push and is unique in a very subtle way (I'm not quite sure what I mean here). Emilio plays the game (not trying to blow it out of the park every week). Everyone else is hard to say if we learned anything.
Insightful and accurate commentary here.

Alexander McQueen is dead. Who will Kenley rip off now?Mila is becoming the villain this season.

Seth - Mila - Maya - JonathanS7E5-Seth.jpgS7E5-Mila.jpgS7E5-Maya.jpgS7E5-Jonathan.jpgJesse - Jay - Janeane - EmilioS7E5-Jesse.jpgS7E5-Jay.jpgS7E5-Janeane.jpgS7E5-Emilio.jpgBen - Anthony - Anna - AmyS7E5-Ben.jpgS7E5-Anthony.jpgS7E5-Anna.jpgS7E5-Amy.jpgCouple notes1. I hope my post isn't too wide for your screenthesal.jpg2. This week in particular, the outfits looked MUCH better in motion than in these photographs3. I'm too lazy to re-do the image for Jay's outfit. A circle...where the magic happens.The BestBen - I just liked everything about it. The "editing" he did based on Tim's comment on the belt was nicely done. In the stills here it's either this or Anthony's for a magazine cover. I pick this because it feels like Anthony's is more mainstream/seen before. The back might'f been the best part. But I didn't post it. roll.jpgAnthony - I wish he would'f incorporated the second colour like his sketch had. That would'f put it over the top for me. Still quite strongThe AlmostAmy - solid yet again. not quite as "eye catchy" as the above. I don't like something about how she makes the crotches on her dresses.Jesse - he thinks he's better than he is. I'm not sure if this is the model giving me this vibe but the dress feels very Milla Jovovich to me. I like.Jay - I'm not sure if this is the model again but I like something about thisEmilio - Feels like a naughty Valentine's Day outfit for the bedroom. I think Emilio is kinda playing around until we get further alongThe Not BadsJonathan - WAY WAY WAY better looking in motion than in this still. He said he was making a superhero outfit. He did. missed the mark. but I'll probably have an Aphrodite dream at some point in the near futureSeth - I kinda liked this one. orange/red shoes? think again. quite seth aaron.Mila - change the beige into multiple colours and she's got something. yellow and brown and maybe a hint of green.Maya - she seems like a TOTAL BITCH in the 2 1/2 second shots we get of her. This was probably tied with Mila actually. They had the same aesthetic on this one. Both were not goodThe BadsAnna - You'd think that this is the worstJaneane - Until you see this one. This feels very "7th grader is wearing a dress to the wedding and can't walk in heels"

Tom and Lorenzo have a blog and cover Project Runway religiously. They're in the tent today, seeing the collections and will be tweeting.If you're a spoilerphobe--there is discussion of how many collections are shown. They will be describing what they see.Tom and Lorenzo

Lady Grey is right about McQueen's last show. The New York Times has slideshows of several major shows here:http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/style...eek/runway.htmlIf you look at McQueen's first, everything else seems wan by comparison.P.S. The judges criticized Mila's dress for "pointing right at her crotch." Granted, it was a loser for a lot of reasons, but I loved the Sex and the City dress where Carrie appears to be riding the Empire State Building, below. I was dying to know if that dress was sold anywhere, but never found it. And I don't know if this is my imagination, but in my memory it was actually more graphically sexual, with the building's top around mid-hip. Either I'm misremembering, or this was edited to make it less sexual.SATCPicture.jpg