Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm feeling good about making it to the World Series. They're winning games early this year on the strength of Pujols alone. I gotta believe at some point the rest of the guys will start hitting, and I trust Jocketty to make a move near the deadline to get a bat. Definitely don't want to see us donk out again. Oh, good thing we're not in the AL, because according to KowboyKoop we would have "no shot in hell" of making the playoffs. :club:

Oh, good thing we're not in the AL, because according to KowboyKoop we would have "no shot in hell" of making the playoffs. :club:
It's true, it's true.Also, awesome that you already feel confident about getting to the World Series...when the Mets (and even the Reds) have looked much more powerful thus far. Mets pitching has been pretty good with Pedro and 90's version Glavine.

That was our B er...C team today. I'm not sure what was going on. The fact that we almost won the game is pretty pathetic. Ponson continues to look like he's got things together.

Since no one has done it yet, I figured I'd get this going.Let's talk about the Cards, and pray that we don't donk out of the playoffs AGAIN.
The Cards suck and the Cubs rule. :D:club: Unlike most Cub fans I don't hate the Cardinals. Every single baseball game I went to growing up was at Busch Stadium and I hell of a lot of respect for the Cardinals and their history. You can expect legitimate comments out of me on here. :D
That was our B er...C team today. I'm not sure what was going on. The fact that we almost won the game is pretty pathetic. Ponson continues to look like he's got things together.
What happened yesterday?

So St. Louis loses another one to Houston that wouldn't have even been a close one had it not been for Pujols.What seems to be the trouble?

need a win badly tonight....luckily got Carpenter going tonight. Heard that his last 18 road starts he's 14-1...I'd say things are looking good for tonight, plus I think Rolen is back in the lineup..

looks like a Cardinals sweep, but Ponson leaving early isn't a good thing. He's been about the most consistent starter so far this year.
I thought I would never I'd see those two words together. Maybe he left his bad pitching in Baltimore...but you're right he has been pitching well this season.
I thought I would never I'd see those two words together. Maybe he left his bad pitching in Baltimore...but you're right he has been pitching well this season.
yes, had you told me at the beginning of the season I would utter those words I probably would have cried, thinking that meant we were gonna finish in last. But I don't think any team with Pujols playing everyday could ever finish in last, so I don't have to worry about that. The rest of the guys have been up and down, but Ponson has been pretty steady. He's not dominant or anything, just been kind of Suppan-like this year.

This thread doesn't get posted in after a Cardinals loss because some of us don't freak out after a simple loss.And yes, I'm very concerned about Pujols back pain. If he goes down, we're not going anywhere near the playoffs. However, I'm pretty confident in his ability to play through pain (see the planter fascitis (sp?) from all last season).

This thread doesn't get posted in after a Cardinals loss because some of us don't freak out after a simple loss.
we survived the joe torre years (gag...) we can certainly survive a few losses.we've been picking up late in the season lately anyway.plus there's trades that will make this team later on down the line. period.

Anthony Reyes showed us again a little bit of why the future of the rotation is looking pretty good. Our offense should be good as long as we have that Pujols guy, he seems to be pretty decent :club:

nearly got a cycle out of our bullpen pitchers yesterday. Only one they missed was a single. Marquis with the 3rd inning pinch hit triple! that's a sentence I can't believe I ever typed.

nearly got a cycle out of our bullpen pitchers yesterday. Only one they missed was a single. Marquis with the 3rd inning pinch hit triple! that's a sentence I can't believe I ever typed.
How about Chris Moneymaker won the 2003 WSOP? :club: