player profile: jennifer harman

jennifer_harman_traniello.jpgTournament Accomplishents:All-Time Money Leader on the WPT (Female) $425, 768Made the Final Table in the first ever PPT eventOnly woman in the world with two WSOP Bracelets (In open events)Nine cashes on the WPT (tied for all-time lead)17 cashes at the WSOPWSOP Earnings $516,828$5000 2002WSOP Limit Hold'em Champion $5000 2000 WSOP 2-7 No Limit Champion 2000Total tournament earnings: $1,428,254 (compiled by pokerpages.com)Cash Game Accomplishments:Jennifer did it the old fashioned way, through hard work climbing through the ranks. In her early twenties she fought through the 10-20 limit hold'em games, all the way up to the biggest cash games in the world. Jennifer is the only female in the world that not only plays in, but beats the biggest games in the world. Best game: Limit Hold'em- (her chapter in Super System 2 on limit hold'em is already being considered revolutionary in some circles). Doyle Brunson and the big game crew all fear Jennifer's limit hold'em skills. They won't even play "Jenn hold'em" with her. Jenn hold'em means that if they switch the game to straight hold'em Jennifer would promise to play every hand before the flop! It's all in fun, and she doesn't claim that she could win that way, but the fact that her opponents don't pounce on the opportunity makes you wonder!Worst Game: Pot Limit Omaha- It's a game that she doesn't have a ton of experience in andd when she plays the game it's a;lways against the best in the world which can be intimidating.Strengths: Reading ability. Quite possibly the most talented poker player in the world when it comes to reading ability. She'll look right at you and just know, "He's Bluffing."Weaknesses: While she has an awesome feel for the game, her decisions are harldy rooted in a solid fundamental knowledge of the game. She is a true talent, though, and always seems to make the correct decisions, but sometimes I question whether she knows why! She's a pure "people player" understanding that the mathematics of poker are much less important at the highest levels. Cash Games: 9Tournaments: 8Emotional Stability: 6.5Heart: 9 Short Handed: 7.5Ring Game: 8No Limit Hold'em: 8Other notes: Expect to hear a lot more from Jennifer in 2005. In 2004 Jennifer was suffering from kidney failure and thanks to her 23 year old niece was given a new lease on life.Aside from Jennifer's impressive achievements in both cash games and tournaments, perhaps the most rewarding truth is that she is widely regarded as the best all around female poker player in the world by her peers. In that regard, she simply has no rival. Jennifer is a regular in the big game, and according to Doyle Brunson just may have become the best player in the game. Playing with the likes of Phil, Ivey, Chip Reese, and Doyle himself, that's quite a compliment. Along with Jennifer's contribution to SuperSystem 2, she also has nice looking website: www.jenniferharman.com
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jennifer and Annie are my exceptions to my signature
What about Kathy Liebert ? Or Clonie Gowan? (sorry if the spelling is incorrect)Half the women that play this game professionally will rip you a new one if you don't give them the credit they deserve. The other half will plug your existing one up. I would seriously consider changing your signature if I was you. :wink:
  • 2 weeks later...
Jennifer and Annie are my exceptions to my signature
What about Kathy Liebert ? Or Clonie Gowan? (sorry if the spelling is incorrect)
Clonie and Kathy are both amazing female players. Don't forget Evy though :club:

Clonie and Kathy are both amazing female players. Don't forget Evy though :club:How can I forget Evy. She's ALWAYS on my TV, dealing the cards out on the celebrity home game WPT...but that's about the highlight of her accomplishments that I am aware of.

Clonie and Kathy are both amazing female players.  Don't forget Evy though :club:
How can I forget Evy. She's ALWAYS on my TV' date=' dealing the cards out on the celebrity home game WPT...but that's about the highlight of her accomplishments that I am aware of.[/quote']What exactly has Clonie Gowen accomplished? She has a grand total of ZERO final tables. I'm not exactly sure how she got invited to the WPT Ladies Night shows but it had nothing to do with tournament success. Her biggest tournament cash was $3800 (16th place) in a $2000 buyin event. If she is competing in many large buyin events in the WSOP or WPT then she is surely a losing player.Evelyn doesn't have a ton of tournament success either, but still more then Clonie. She has two final tables in small $1000 buyin events. She cashed (24th place) in the $1500 no lmit hold'em event at this year's WSOP for $5700, and got 22nd at the PokerStars WPT event (the one that airs tonight) for $17300.
Clonie and Kathy are both amazing female players. Don't forget Evy though :club:
How can I forget Evy. She's ALWAYS on my TV, dealing the cards out on the celebrity home game WPT...but that's about the highlight of her accomplishments that I am aware of.
What exactly has Clonie Gowen accomplished? She has a grand total of ZERO final tables. I'm not exactly sure how she got invited to the WPT Ladies Night shows but it had nothing to do with tournament success. Her biggest tournament cash was $3800 (16th place) in a $2000 buyin event. If she is competing in many large buyin events in the WSOP or WPT then she is surely a losing player.Evelyn doesn't have a ton of tournament success either, but still more then Clonie. She has two final tables in small $1000 buyin events. She cashed (24th place) in the $1500 no lmit hold'em event at this year's WSOP for $5700, and got 22nd at the PokerStars WPT event (the one that airs tonight) for $17300.
Well Clonie hasn't shown much success, but I still like the way she plays. With that said, keep in mind she didn't play well in Ladies Night 2, but I do think her skill helped her win the first Ladies Night invitational, not to mention luck was on her side.As for Evelyn, I just like her, LOL, so her results don't have to matter much.

Here's an excerpt with the complete quoteWorm: "I guess the saying's true. In the poker game of life, women are the rake, man. They are the ****in' rake."Mike McDermott: "What the **** are you talking abnout? What saying?"Worm: "I don't know.... There ought to be one though."Taken from THE BADASS GIRL'S GUIDE TO POKER By: Toby Leah BochanShe has a lot of good quotes in her book, including the one in my signature... I also like--"That beats the lot. A woman who can pick out a grade-A cucumber and knows a thing or two about poker. Where have you been all my life?"Big Louie in "The Perfect Play" by Louise WenerAnd-Sex is good, but poker lasts longer.. AnonomousAnd lastly, one of my absolute faves by the marvelous Mark Twain--" There are few things that are so unpardoably neglected in our country as poker. Why, I have known clergymen, good men, kind-hearted, liberal, sincere, and all that, who did not know the meaning of a "flush". It is enough to make one ashamed of the species."Ok, that's all I can think of for now... enjoy... :club::D:D:D :whistle: :dance:

• 2 weeks later...

What really impressed me was during last years WSOP she was going thru all that kidney stuff she was facing death and she still played... I mean thats dedication.. Not to mention shes pretty hot in that picture.. :wink:

To even compare Annie or Kathy to Jen is a disservice to Jen. Jen has made two WPT final tables and has two WSOP bracelets, not to mention that she plays at altitudes that many mortals would dream about playing at, and she wins too.

Annie is an awesome player who has a different style. She showed that she can hold her own in the Tournament of Champions when she nailed Hellmouth. Jennifer is a wonderful player, and I would love to see a ladies only tournament of champions. I have Lupus, and have had kidney problems of my own in the past. Hopefully it won't ever come to the point where I need a transpant like her. She has my utmost respect for playing while so ill.... I look forward to seeing more of her in the future.These women of poker have helped open up this world to other women out there. There are still some guys who think of this as the boys club, but that viewpoint has changed for many men out there, thankfully enough.

• 2 weeks later...
Well Clonie hasn't shown much success, but I still like the way she plays. With that said, keep in mind she didn't play well in Ladies Night 2, but I do think her skill helped her win the first Ladies Night invitational, not to mention luck was on her side.
Isn't it a bit hard to judge a player after seeing only two WPT showing?
  • 2 weeks later...

After reading The Professor, the Banker and the Suicide King I am even more amazed by her than most other players male or female. She took it to beal in the early games and without the Kidney problem I think she would have owned him again.

Best game: Limit Hold'em (her chapter in Super System 2 on limit hold'em is already being considered revolutionary in some circles) you must be referring to the sewing circle comprised of jennifer, her mother, her aunt, and her niece that meet up every sunday morning. her chapter was one of the worst ones in a sadly mediocre and overpriced poker book. i've read better stuff in 'play poker like the pros'!(now i'm the one who's reaching)

Best game: Limit Hold'em (her chapter in Super System 2 on limit hold'em is already being considered revolutionary in some circles) you must be referring to the sewing circle comprised of jennifer, her mother, her aunt, and her niece that meet up every sunday morning. her chapter was one of the worst ones in a sadly mediocre and overpriced poker book. i've read better stuff in 'play poker like the pros'!(now i'm the one who's reaching)
What??? Whatchu talkin' about round-eye? If you have read Super System, and they read Super System 2, you would see that the two Limit Hold-em sections are very different, and if you have played Limit Hold-em very much and follow Jennifer's advice, you should have earned a tidy profit from it. This was the best section of the book, hands down :!:

brother, all i play is limit holdem, about 4-5 hours a day 6 days a week. i stand by my comment that it was one of the weakest "books" i've read concerning limit holdem. there was nothing new or revolutionary in her section, not even close. it added nothing to my game. i could see if the only thing you've read on limit is hellmuth then it might open your eyes a tiny tiny bit. it was too short, lacking any detail whatsoever. what she could have offered that might have been worth the price of the book in itself, is how she climbed the ranks, what strategies she added(dropped), some insights into the different venues and opponents she has played. all you end up getting is an ABC approach of how to play a tight/aggressive game of limit holdem, no more, no less.* out of *****

• 2 weeks later...
brother, all i play is limit holdem, about 4-5 hours a day 6 days a week. i stand by my comment that it was one of the weakest "books" i've read concerning limit holdem. there was nothing new or revolutionary in her section, not even close. it added nothing to my game. i could see if the only thing you've read on limit is hellmuth then it might open your eyes a tiny tiny bit. it was too short, lacking any detail whatsoever. what she could have offered that might have been worth the price of the book in itself, is how she climbed the ranks, what strategies she added(dropped), some insights into the different venues and opponents she has played. all you end up getting is an ABC approach of how to play a tight/aggressive game of limit holdem, no more, no less.* out of *****
I have to agree. Although I like and respect Jennifer as a poker player. I think she's a very solid player all around. But her chapter in SS2 was pretty standard at best. For that matter, the entire book was somewhat of a letdown for me. I was soooo looking forward to learning some of Daniel's secrets only to find out it was all on Triple Draw (WTF????). Really, the only chapter I got anything out of was the one on Omaha.
  • 4 weeks later...

Jennifer is awesome...played with her on Full Tilt (limit holdem of course) she is nice as hell and her section in SS2 on Limit Holdem was the sh!t....she's kinda cute too :club: Peace

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...