Best Way To Get Max Value On Nut Flush

This is probably a Poker 101 type of question, but I got in an argument with someone today over this. When you flop the nut flush, or hit it on the turn, if you are first to act, is it better to bet or just check and let the other player(s) in the hand make the bets first?? Generally when this happens to me, I bet out at 1/4-3/4 of pot to build it up unless I know there is someone ahead of me that I know will bet at it. I was told I play this all wrong and I should just check/call until the river then either pot bet the river if everyone checked, or re-raise big/shove on river. What is the best "general" way to handle this type of situation??

Reason to bet out:If you c-bet a lot, you should bet out. Bet the same amount you would with air, a draw, top pair, two pair, set, etc.Aggression is good. Forcing your opponent to make tough decisions and thereby make mistakes is good.Reasons to check call/ slow play....If you're up again a couple of hyper aggressive opponents, it might be best to give them the impression that you're weak and on a draw...I tend to bet out all my made hands/ air, check raising occassionally.

in general at low stakes you tend to play people who are calling far too much, so when you make monster hands you must manage the hand to try and get the stack in on the river, even if it is a bit of an overbet. we gain loads more value from the aggro lines longterm, even if we get a lot of folds because the few times they call dwarf smaller bets we think get called a medium % the time.

This is probably a Poker 101 type of question, but I got in an argument with someone today over this. When you flop the nut flush, or hit it on the turn, if you are first to act, is it better to bet or just check and let the other player(s) in the hand make the bets first?? Generally when this happens to me, I bet out at 1/4-3/4 of pot to build it up unless I know there is someone ahead of me that I know will bet at it. I was told I play this all wrong and I should just check/call until the river then either pot bet the river if everyone checked, or re-raise big/shove on river. What is the best "general" way to handle this type of situation??
other than the bolded, if there is a pair on the board, you must bet.I think you are correct in the argument.

Yeah, sounds like your plan is generally pretty good. Even a bad player figures out you slowplayed the nuts if you call the flop, call the turn, and shove the river. It could be a pretty cool line to take for bluffing a nit off a big pot though.

What suit is the flush?
Like I said in the title, it is the nut flush, so that would make it Spades. The Ace of Spades card has alot of writing on it , so it is the most powerful flush card. I know how to play any other flush, just check/fold it.