Building My Bankroll, $10 To $1,000

Hi everyone.I deposited $10 on Pokerstars and want to build it up to $1,000. I know 'TheDonk1989' completed this challenge, congrats to him.I'm currently on $60. I'm currently playing at $0.02 and $0.05 and sometimes heads up for $2.20 but mostly 6 man cash games.I'm only 18 and still at college so won't have loads of time to play everyday but will still post as many sessions as I can.Also I am going to need some help along the way and will take any advice and criticism that anyone can give.Cheers and wish me luck.Seb.

I'm only 18 and still at college so won't have loads of time to play everyday but will still post as many sessions as I can.Seb.

You'll find PLENTY of time to play in college, trust this.I had to take an extra semester of college to graduate because I found "loads" of time, mostly for women/booze/cards.

Played 3 heads up last night. First one I lost when he hit a :4h on the river after I hit bottom pair and knew he was bluffing when he moved all in.Second one his :3h:club: was all in against my :5c:ts He flopped quads.And I won the 3rd one.Currently at $59.

Up to $55Had :qh:5c in the small blind and just called. The BB raised $0.05 cents and I re raised to $0.15 and he called.Flop came :jh:3h:D I check be bets $0.20 I raise to $0.60 and he pushes putting me all in for $2.I call and he shows me :4h:ts Turn comes :D and the river a :club: and I pick up about $4.30

why do I say that? Because its a waaaaste of time... you're gonna be playing hours and hours and hours.........meanwhile ur hours are gonna be worth less than minimum wage, get a job u idiot

why do I say that? Because its a waaaaste of time... you're gonna be playing hours and hours and hours.........meanwhile ur hours are gonna be worth less than minimum wage, get a job u idiot
idiot? I was asking why you said it. I'm not quite sure why your getting aggressive about it, i'll just ignore you and your childish ways

The reason "you're making less than minimum wage, get a job" is only true on the surface, but misses the point: Too many people jump into 1$ blind games, just because they can afford it due to their day job. It's not good advice to do that, though, as starting at a higher buy in without having practised the game is a recipe for disaster.But the point that you are wasting your time is still true, for different reasons: You should start off with micro stakes and put in those hours to get experience. When I started I was terrible (jumped into the 1$ game and lost) and I'm still not good, but now that I'm sticking to bankroll management and putting in volume, I've noticed that I am getting better.Starting with just 10$ merely gives you 2 buy-ins at the 5 cent game, which entails a big risk of ruin. Furthermore, the quality of play at anything under 10 cent blinds is so bad that you're more likely to pick up bad habits than to improve your game.In a nutshell, good luck with your plan, but if you were to do it again, my suggestion would be to start at the 10 cent game with a minimum of 20 buy-ins and then to build the bankroll exclusively with cash games, while sticking to proper bankroll management.

The reason "you're making less than minimum wage, get a job" is only true on the surface, but misses the point: Too many people jump into 1$ blind games, just because they can afford it due to their day job. It's not good advice to do that, though, as starting at a higher buy in without having practised the game is a recipe for disaster.But the point that you are wasting your time is still true, for different reasons: You should start off with micro stakes and put in those hours to get experience. When I started I was terrible (jumped into the 1$ game and lost) and I'm still not good, but now that I'm sticking to bankroll management and putting in volume, I've noticed that I am getting better.Starting with just 10$ merely gives you 2 buy-ins at the 5 cent game, which entails a big risk of ruin. Furthermore, the quality of play at anything under 10 cent blinds is so bad that you're more likely to pick up bad habits than to improve your game.In a nutshell, good luck with your plan, but if you were to do it again, my suggestion would be to start at the 10 cent game with a minimum of 20 buy-ins and then to build the bankroll exclusively with cash games, while sticking to proper bankroll management.
I agree with you, but when I started with $10 I was playing in $0.01 and $0.02 and it was only when I reached $50 when I started to play $0.02 and $0.05.I think that's good bankroll management, I may be wrong?Cheers.
+1I am going through the beginner stages now. I started playing .25/.50 and .50/$1. Yes, I can afford to reload $100 at a pop, but when you do it 5-6 times a month, it gets quite expensive (hell, I could buy a new Infiniti/Acura/etc. at that clip) and the money spent is not worth the knowledge learned. I moved down some (.10/.25) and learning the same stuff, but not costing me out of pocket as much. I thought the players were bad at the low levels, but I was proved wrong as the play is not that much different. But at $10 starting bankroll god bless and good luck!!
+1I am going through the beginner stages now. I started playing .25/.50 and .50/$1. Yes, I can afford to reload $100 at a pop, but when you do it 5-6 times a month, it gets quite expensive (hell, I could buy a new Infiniti/Acura/etc. at that clip) and the money spent is not worth the knowledge learned. I moved down some (.10/.25) and learning the same stuff, but not costing me out of pocket as much. I thought the players were bad at the low levels, but I was proved wrong as the play is not that much different. But at $10 starting bankroll god bless and good luck!!
thank you
thank you
i can't speak for nlhe, but i have recently started playing 1-2 limit holdem on ftp, it plays just like .25-.50, almost easier than .50-1. More money doesnt always mean better players, i mean i was playing 10 plo the other day and had 2 people i felt figure me out. I am super aggro in those ( and usually do very well in this), most can't deal with that in these levels. The point is, when the buyins are still very low, the level doesnt make too much a difference. If you can beat a game very nicely at 5 buck level, 10 should be about the same, 25 not too far behind that. It is the huge jumps that will kill you, like if i had only played .5-.10 limit then jump into a 1-2 game im most likely going to get crushed. Get solid at an affordable level then move up.