i love controversy (long, but probably worth it)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#41 Chiggleslap

Chiggleslap

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:22 AM

Suited_Up said:

I'm with you all the way on both subjects!Although I have been playing a little extra tight lately and have been folding some hands to raises more than I used to.  (KJo, QJo, baby pairs depending on the table, and any A10.)  (K10 and Q10 I fold most of the time now unless I can try to steal with it.)But I definitely agree with what you're saying.  Sounds a bit like my style as well... I see wrto and kdawg make posts talking about raising in certain situations, and if I did some of those on a regular basis, I just can't imagine coming out ahead in the lower games.  Maybe 3/6 and 5/10 is a different situation, but not .50/1 and 1/2.   Once in awhile I will miss a bet or two, but plenty of times I am behind to some illogical 2 pair or crazy straight and I save a few bets.  It seems to even out.I just rambled a bit, but hopefully I wasn't too off base.
3/6 and 5/10 aren't much different, IMO. I've worked up from .5/1 to 3/6 and 5/10 in the last 8 months or so in my spare time, so I've had a taste of all of them. Aseem's first two posts very much reflect my philosphy to this date, and it's undoubtedly led to my beating the game at a very respectful rate. Just wanted to throw that out there for you, in case you were unsure at the relevance of these theories at the mid-small stakes games like 3/6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users