$1.40 9-man Ko Sng

feral_cow_icon.gifDont have a cow, heres your converted handPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($1.00+$0.25) t25/t50 - 9 playersMP2: t630 HJ: t740 CO: t1,820 Button: t2,190 SB: t2,600 BB: t960 UTG: t1,470 UTG+1: t1,625 MP: t1,465 (Hero)Preflop: (t75) Hero is MP with 8s.gif8c.gif (9 players)UTG raises to t200, UTG+1 folds, Hero ???OK, I think I should be shoving or folding. I think with the so many people left behind us and not being deep enough to setmine folding would be the correct play here. Thoughts?
feral_cow_icon.gifDont have a cow, heres your converted handPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($1.00+$0.25) t25/t50 - 9 playersMP2: t630 HJ: t740 CO: t1,820 Button: t2,190 SB: t2,600 BB: t960 UTG: t1,470 UTG+1: t1,625 MP: t1,465 (Hero)Preflop: (t75) Hero is MP with 8s.gif8c.gif (9 players)UTG raises to t200, UTG+1 folds, Hero ???OK, I think I should be shoving or folding. I think with the so many people left behind us and not being deep enough to setmine folding would be the correct play here. Thoughts?
Flat Call this.Lead out on the flop with a min-raise and fold if he plays back to you.

I'd fold before shoving, and I think I'd fold before flatting too. We're not getting a good price to setmine and we don't want to have to call multiple streets with a 2nd pair type hand where we need to fold to any pressure. UTG raises are very strong in general and we generally want to play pretty tight in 9 man sngs for the first few levels

I'd fold before shoving, and I think I'd fold before flatting too. We're not getting a good price to setmine and we don't want to have to call multiple streets with a 2nd pair type hand where we need to fold to any pressure. UTG raises are very strong in general and we generally want to play pretty tight in 9 man sngs for the first few levels
I was being sarcastic.Super strong UTG raises in those 1.40's tough.

Lets assume he raises the top 10% of his hands UTG (in reality this is actually probably tighter [assuming you have no reads that he likes to raise a lot or something])When you plug it into pokerstove you getVFjhq2nvGU9jSHwRxDgI.png

against what people 4x utg, 8's is impossible to play profitably, fold pre

pokerstove is completely useless in this spot you silly goose
Assuming the entire 10% calls your range, it isn't!Speaking pure hypotheticals. A sort of "best case scenario" for him.

I'm just trying to point out stove is almost useless here. I mean if somebody raises the BTN in a cash game and you have 77 in the blinds you don't stove it against BTN's raising range and realise you're ahead of like the 60% of hands he's opening here and 3bet/call it off

I'm just trying to point out stove is almost useless here. I mean if somebody raises the BTN in a cash game and you have 77 in the blinds you don't stove it against BTN's raising range and realise you're ahead of like the 60% of hands he's opening here and 3bet/call it off
That's what I've been doing wrong :club:

Ya know what...I assumed the blinds were 50/100 and UTG minraised to 200.I was operating under the assumption that UTG will call near 100% of all shoves, hence where pokerstove becomes applicable.With this new-found nugget of info...pretty easy fold.

• 4 weeks later...