Cia, Mi6 Helped Gadhafi Persecute Dissidents, Says Watchdog

"Documents found in the abandoned Tripoli office of Muammar Gaddafi’s intelligence chief indicate the U.S. and British spy agencies helped the fallen strongman persecute Libyan dissidents...""The current military commander for Tripoli of Libya’s provisional government, Abdel Hakim Belhadj, was among those captured and sent to Libya by the CIA...""Belhadj has said that he was tortured by CIA agents before being transferred to Libya, where he says he was then tortured at Tripoli’s notorious Abu Salim prison."http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/...s-watchdog?bn=1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the article:

In Washington, CIA spokeswoman Jennifer Youngblood, without commenting on any specific allegation or document, said: “It can’t come as a surprise that the Central Intelligence Agency works with foreign governments to help protect our country from terrorism and other deadly threats. That is exactly what we are expected to do.”
So Libya, who turned over large stockpiles of WMDs and stopped their nuclear program...were viewed by CIA and MI6 as a country that would help hunt and kill terrorist?What's the problem then?Good use of tax dollars by a government that doesn't do that often enough if you ask me.But I do love that nobody cares who this guy Abdel Hakim Belhadj is that is reporting about the evil CIA handing him over to Libya.I wonder if the google thing will work?Oh wow, it does:Here's the headlines to save the TONS of effort to find out the source for your story All_In
Al Qaeda Commander of NATO’s Bloody Reign of Terror in Tripoli is the Monster Abdel Hakim Belhadj, aka Abdel Hakim al-Hasadi, Friend of Osama Bin Laden, former US POW, and Infamous Killer of US Soldiers in Afghanistan
What a surprise, he was a personal friend of Osama Bin Laden, killed American soldiers in Afghanistan and was a member of Al Qaeda.No wonder you liked him All_In, seems like a person you would idolize.Abdelhakim_Belhadj.jpgAbdel Hakim Belhadj aka Abu Abdullah Assadaq aka Abdel-Hakim al Hasidi aka Abdel Hakim al-Hasadi aka Abdel Hakim al-Hasady, identified here as an al Qaeda terrorist commander in the posting “Al Qaeda: Pawns of CIA Insurrection from Libya to Yemen” of April 3, 2011
All-in, with respect to the Libyan revolution, do you have a horse in this race?
His horse is any newspaper that posts beheading videos. He can't get enough of that shit.
http://people-press.org/2011/08/30/muslim-...-for-extremism/
Support for Extremism Remains NegligibleAs in 2007, very few Muslim Americans – just 1% – say that suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilian targets are often justified to defend Islam from its enemies; an additional 7% say suicide bombings are sometimes justified in these circumstances.
According to this 2009 Pew Report, there are 2,454,000 Muslims living in America. If this article is correct and 8% of American Muslims justify suicide bombings and other forms of violence, that comes out to 196,320 Muslims in America that think that suicide bombings are a pretty good idea.
http://people-press.org/2011/08/30/muslim-...-for-extremism/According to this 2009 Pew Report, there are 2,454,000 Muslims living in America. If this article is correct and 8% of American Muslims justify suicide bombings and other forms of violence, that comes out to 196,320 Muslims in America that think that suicide bombings are a pretty good idea.
Wow.

listen, this is the internet. I'm all for taking a big old dump on minorities for some laughs. I do it all the time on league of legends streams in front of thousands of people. but I think we're just scratching the surface on the crazy, awful beliefs you'd find if you did some thorough polling work. I feel like you could probably find a subset of people that are unhappy that lynching stopped being mainstream 50+ years ago, for instance.I don't remember where I was going with this comment.

listen, this is the internet. I'm all for taking a big old dump on minorities for some laughs. I do it all the time on league of legends streams in front of thousands of people. but I think we're just scratching the surface on the crazy, awful beliefs you'd find if you did some thorough polling work. I feel like you could probably find a subset of people that are unhappy that lynching stopped being mainstream 50+ years ago, for instance.I don't remember where I was going with this comment.
pretty sure you got there just fine.
Certainly, like in all polling, it's how you phrase the questions. The fact that PEW was trying to discount the variable by using words like "negligible" and "very few" mean that they definitely weren't trying to skew anything that way on purpose, and they still say that 200,000 muslim's in America enjoy suicide bombs, especially when furthering the cause of Allah.I think if you are coming from that same direction about lynchings... AND you will be asking people to first: self-identify as followers of Jesus. I think you'd be hard pressed to find 2,000, let alone, 200,000 that say, 1) yes, I believe in Jesus, and 2) yes, I think that to help promote Christianity, I think lynchings should be brought back... or at the very least, I'm sad that they stopped, for the glory of Christ.Because that is exactly what happened here. Islam, the religion of peace and beheadings, was an identifier. Then, after identified as Muslims, 8% of the people said that they think that violence is appropriate to further the cause of Islam. In that context, I think that Islam stands alone. Undeniable king.... of whatever you call that.
Certainly, like in all polling, it's how you phrase the questions. The fact that PEW was trying to discount the variable by using words like "negligible" and "very few" mean that they definitely weren't trying to skew anything that way on purpose, and they still say that 200,000 muslim's in America enjoy suicide bombs, especially when furthering the cause of Allah.I think if you are coming from that same direction about lynchings... AND you will be asking people to first: self-identify as followers of Jesus. I think you'd be hard pressed to find 2,000, let alone, 200,000 that say, 1) yes, I believe in Jesus, and 2) yes, I think that to help promote Christianity, I think lynchings should be brought back... or at the very least, I'm sad that they stopped, for the glory of Christ.Because that is exactly what happened here. Islam, the religion of peace and beheadings, was an identifier. Then, after identified as Muslims, 8% of the people said that they think that violence is appropriate to further the cause of Islam. In that context, I think that Islam stands alone. Undeniable king.... of whatever you call that.
I looked very briefly at the KKK wikipedia article before posting that... trying to figure out which religion was most prominent with them. I would guess christianity, but I don't know. either way, I'm sure the numbers aren't comparable. the only thing I could think of that might possibly approach the 8% number is the issue of the killing of abortion clinic doctors. it's still kinda apples to oranges. the point is that some significant portion of people are violent and crazy by nature, and they need religion or law enforcement to keep from acting on that inclination. it depresses the shit out of me to think about it.
I looked very briefly at the KKK wikipedia article before posting that... trying to figure out which religion was most prominent with them. I would guess christianity, but I don't know. either way, I'm sure the numbers aren't comparable. the only thing I could think of that might possibly approach the 8% number is the issue of the killing of abortion clinic doctors. it's still kinda apples to oranges. the point is that some significant portion of people are violent and crazy by nature, and they need religion or law enforcement to keep from acting on that inclination. it depresses the shit out of me to think about it.
Sure, I agree. If the KKK membership was large enough to represent 8% of Christianity, I would be very very concerned about Christianity.250,800,000 "Christians" in the US.20,064,000 would be 8% that were members of the KKK and thought that lynching should start happening again to further the cause of Jesus.

This is quite a bit of posting to come to the conclusion of Muslims are violent, don’t think normally and create a fair amount of depression while dealing or even thinking about them…jeez all you have to do is watch the news to come to that conclusion. They have be doing this for as long as anyone can remember and aren’t going to stop. They make Jews appear to be easy going.

http://people-press.org/2011/08/30/muslim-...-for-extremism/According to this 2009 Pew Report, there are 2,454,000 Muslims living in America. If this article is correct and 8% of American Muslims justify suicide bombings and other forms of violence, that comes out to 196,320 Muslims in America that think that suicide bombings are a pretty good idea.
I'd almost guarantee that 8% of American Christians think America should invade/bomb Muslim countries, take their resources and convert them to Christianity by force like Ann Coulter suggested. at least 15% of the world is completely nuts.
I'd almost guarantee that 8% of American Christians think America should invade/bomb Muslim countries, take their resources and convert them to Christianity by force like Ann Coulter suggested. at least 15% of the world is completely nuts.
Liar. Christians never act in that way. If a so-called Christian does, even if it is 92% of them, which is a hyperbolic number, they wouldn't be real Christians. Go on and claim I'm using No True Scotsman. I dare you, because you'll be using a fallacy against my fallacy unless you can back it up with actual data.
Liar. Christians never act in that way. If a so-called Christian does, even if it is 92% of them, which is a hyperbolic number, they wouldn't be real Christians. Go on and claim I'm using No True Scotsman. I dare you, because you'll be using a fallacy against my fallacy unless you can back it up with actual data.
Oh, Randy.
You are a terrible reader. The question was phrased "to defend Islam from its enemies." So in actuality, there are (perhaps), 196,320 Muslims in America who think that suicide bombings are a pretty good idea as an act of defense. Now, if you assume that the "enemies" are all things American, as so many Al-Qaedans appear to, then that is a concern. But the question does not state that, explicitly, or implicitly.I bet if you asked Americans whether bombing non-military targets was justified to defend America, then you'd have a lot more than 8% agreeing with you.
You are a terrible reader. The question was phrased "to defend Islam from its enemies." So in actuality, there are (perhaps), 196,320 Muslims in America who think that suicide bombings are a pretty good idea as an act of defense. Now, if you assume that the "enemies" are all things American, as so many Al-Qaedans appear to, then that is a concern. But the question not not state that, explicitly, or implicitly.I bet if you asked Americans whether bombing non-military targets was justified to defend America, then you'd have a lot more than 8% agreeing with you.
I was going to post pretty much what you wrote but didn't bother since it's so obvious that brv's reading of things is pretty bad.
he might have been wrong on this one but brv's a smart guy who obviously doesn't have a reading problem, bob.
I guess I should have qualified it that I was referring to Brv's understanding of that study and it wasn't a general comment on his ability to actually read.
he might have been wrong on this one but brv's a smart guy who obviously doesn't have a reading problem, bob.
That's funny - I actually regretted how I worded it, and came back to edit, but Bob had already quoted it.It's not the first time he's shown a severe interpretation bias, but he also posts on a lot of topics, and my insult was uncalled for.