riddle at a poker game

So i was playing with a couple friends, when someone mentioned a riddle and i decided to share. Undoubtably someone will know the answer because they heard it somewhere and just respond but i thought it was a difficult one.A man walks into the bar and asks for a drinkThe bartender whips out a shotgun and points it at the guyThe man says Thank you and walks out of the bar.Why?Yes and no questions are allowed.if you know the answer because you heard it, dont' post.If you don't know, feel free to try and post an answer that you think is right.i'm bored at work.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i was playing with a couple friends, when someone mentioned a riddle and i decided to share.  Undoubtably someone will know the answer because they heard it somewhere and just respond but i thought it was a difficult one.A man walks into the bar and asks for a drinkThe bartender whips out a shotgun and points it at the guyThe man says Thank you and walks out of the bar.Why?Yes and no questions are allowed.if you know the answer because you heard it, dont' post.If you don't know, feel free to try and post an answer that you think is right.i'm bored at work.
I know! I know!!I heard it like 8,431 years ago, tho, so I'll leave it alone.

i have heard it and it is also stated this way(not sure if it will make a difference):A man walks into a pub and sits down at the bar, and simply orders a water. The bartender looks at the man, and then, quickly pulls out a shotgun and points it at the man. The man says "Thank you," and leaves. Why did they behave this way?

what was the drink he asked the bartender for?
No.yes or no questions
water then...was it water?
Irrelevant. (i forgot to include that if the question's answer doesn't matter...then i can say irrelevant)
i have heard it and it is also stated this way(not sure if it will make a difference):A man walks into a pub and sits down at the bar, and simply orders a water. The bartender looks at the man, and then, quickly pulls out a shotgun and points it at the man. The man says "Thank you," and leaves. Why did they behave this way?
doesn't make a difference, the answer is the same