proper bankroll for 5/10 limit online (mmultitable)?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

300 big bets. Multitabling just means you are playing 3 sessions at the same time.On a side note, I don't know how good a NL player you are, but it doesn't matter when evaluating your skills at Limit. Your skill level at Limit matters when playing Limit. Play a decent number of hands at Limit.

I'm not going to get into a censored contest with you, sorry.But I plan on putting in 1-2 hours of poker after work everyday.
Actuary got an extended sarcasm kit for christmas. i, for one, saw the saviour in my dream and am now trying to help any poor poker soul that crosses my path. and i tell you: thou shalt not multitable 5/10 if thou doesn´t know shit about limit poker.seriously though, Actuary´s absolutely right. if you haven´t played limit before, you should only start out at these limits if you´re comfortable with losing a few grand. on a wild guess, i would say your aversion to playing micro-limits means that you don´t know how to beat these games. and that also means that 5/10 is the last place you should go. start out low and learn.on a sidenote, i can assure you that you´ll never get 10 callers though.

actuary - this guy has some incorrect ideas.but he came to the limit forum and asked for help. i think we can try to help him before flaming.to the OP - no matter what you think, you do want chasers. you want 8 callers until the river. the worse players are, the easier the game is to beat. period. no "buts."so start at a lower limit (preferably micro limits) until you get comfortable with limit. once you're comfortable, feel free to move up. but technically, you should not be moving up until you have aplaying bankroll of 300 big bets (at the higher limit) and have tens of thousands of hands of experience.if money is not an issue, i still recommend starting at 0.5/1 or lower until you get used to limit and multitabling. once you do that, you can move up limits, but you should not go higher than 2/4, until you have at least 25000 hands at a limit as a winning player.for bankroll - multitabling doesn't affect it. standard bankroll advice is 300 big bets. that doesn't mean you should play if you have (300*10=3000). 300 big bets is the minimum a consistent winning player should have. if you have not (notice i dont say 'could') won consistently over a large number of hands (at least 25000, preferably 50000) than you need far more than 300 bets.

Danny,I"m a bitter old man.Why can't others read the forums for a while before positng silly questions?He's been a member since Feb 2005.anyway..everyone knows I'll be one of the first to try to help him.A little sarcasm never hurt anyone.Don't be gay.

I've been running bad recently, so the answer to my frustration is not getting 10 callers. Obviously I want that, it's just I hate seeing my nut straight go up in flames to runner runner full house, etc.As far as my skill level goes, I haven't put in much time at limit, sure. But tI meant my hand reading skills, putting someone on a hand, pot odds, and so on are there.However, I sort of want the money to 'matter' and 2 bucks to see a flop doesn't matter. It's not so much of it 'mattering' it to me, I want the money to matter to the opponents I guess. I'd like to contradict myself now and say piss on 'em, I dont want it to matter so I'll win more from them. See paragraph one.But my main point here is, I'd like it to be supplemental only, I have no desire in moving up the limits as of now. So I was going to save up a lump sum, and start at a limit as opposed to moving up in limits. All the profits will supply tournies and/or be cashed out weekly. Like I said, I dont care to maintain a bankroll and move up in limits. *I just want to say start at 5k, and at the end of the week cash everything out above 5k. If I'm down, I'll move down in limits, and so on.**= No I do not mean this literally and exactly as you read it.

OK **** this, all I asked was what is a proper bankroll to MULTITABLE. I've never used a bankroll for more than one table, so I asked.Glancing at your post count it's clear to me that you do more talking about poker than playing. I'll be sure to toss your 'helpful' information in this thread, and I'll be glad if you wouldn't respond in here again.

OK censored this, all I asked was what is a proper bankroll to MULTITABLE. I've never used a bankroll for more than one table, so I asked.Glancing at your post count it's clear to me that you do more talking about poker than playing. I'll be sure to toss your 'helpful' information in this thread, and I'll be glad if you wouldn't respond in here again.
no no no..I do more posting than working.I need a new job.Only reeason you may wany a bigger BR for multitalbing is to psycologially handle the huge swings better. Otherwise, all you're doing is playing more hands in less time, so the BR is same. BR is set to kep the chance of ruin to practically 0%. If you are a winnig player, then your style will play a role in the variance you have..but mostly, varinace is..well..variance..and 300 BB's was detemined to be a safe amount.

OK point taken. Bankroll for multitabling is the same as playing one table. It's considered different sessions.Let the thread die. And Actuary, you need to learn respect. I could've easily came on here and acted my age and threw hissy fits and so on. You mentioned you were a bitter old man, and you acted much younger than i did. Not everyone walks around all day contemplating on what their next topic on FCP should be. Take your 4k posts, most of which were complete trash and go outside.

And Actuary, you need to learn respect. I could've easily came on here and acted my age and threw hissy fits and so on. You mentioned you were a bitter old man, and you acted much younger than i did. Not everyone walks around all day contemplating on what their next topic on FCP should be. Take your 4k posts, most of which were complete trash and go outside.
you need to have a sense of humourand thicker skinand my psots are not trashhave you read them?they are jewels.

I could waste my time quoting some of your posts as garbage. But, no thanks.I have a sense of humor, annd I can take a joke. I can't take Almighty Posters with a high post count thinking it means something, and acting uppity. Join date and post count doesn't matter. Get off your high horse.

I could waste my time quoting some of your posts as garbage. But, no thanks.I have a sense of humor, annd I can take a joke. I can't take Almighty Posters with a high post count thinking it means something, and acting uppity. Join date and post count doesn't matter. Get off your high horse.
why do you think I think a high post count matters?You seem to be envious.Post count means nothing to me, except, I got times on my hands and I like to get help and give it (albeit, I'm pretty new to poker)I post on no other forums on the net anywhere...so it's pretty concentrated.Sure, you'll find some garbage, but over all I try to help others.
you should reall really REALLY not be offended that easily. this is not the general forum, nearly nothing said here is meant to insult anyone. but some points are made in a humorous way. that´s it.