• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will miss her incoherent arguments with Simon.I kind of hope Kara comes back now because her fights with Simon are more real, they actually get pissed at each other.The only way the show loses ratings because of judges is if Simon ever left, but honestly I'd still watch the show if Simon wasn't there. I don't think he is worth that ridiculous amount of money he is getting. I'm not saying I don't enjoy what Simon does, I just think he doesn't deserve the pay check of an oil tycoon.

Didn't see this before bumping my own thread.If it really was her own decision (even in part) to leave, it has to rank in the Top Ten of all time poor career decisions. Where else is she going to get any exposure/mega-bucks?

I will miss her incoherent arguments with Simon.I kind of hope Kara comes back now because her fights with Simon are more real, they actually get pissed at each other.The only way the show loses ratings because of judges is if Simon ever left, but honestly I'd still watch the show if Simon wasn't there. I don't think he is worth that ridiculous amount of money he is getting. I'm not saying I don't enjoy what Simon does, I just think he doesn't deserve the pay check of an oil tycoon.
Part of the reason that they pay Simon so much is to keep him from starting a competing show which he could do in an instant.
Part of the reason that they pay Simon so much is to keep him from starting a competing show which he could do in an instant.
If he doesn't have one of these, then Fox and American Idol are the stupidest corporations in history.

"You just...You brought yourself out and...your performance...you made it your own"Add clasped hands and meaningful tilt to the head.I will not miss Paula. I hope they get rid of Jackson next. He's just as useless:"Dawg...that was a HAWT one!" or "Pitchy" or, at his most negative, "It was goooood, but it didn't really DO it for me"****ing horrific.

If he doesn't have one of these, then Fox and American Idol are the stupidest corporations in history.
It's like a Jake Peavy situation.....if you are THAT good, you can insist on a contract that does not have a non-compete clause (or the equivalent for a baseball pitcher is having a no-trade clause in your contract).
"You just...You brought yourself out and...your performance...you made it your own"Add clasped hands and meaningful tilt to the head.I will not miss Paula. I hope they get rid of Jackson next. He's just as useless:"Dawg...that was a HAWT one!" or "Pitchy" or, at his most negative, "It was goooood, but it didn't really DO it for me"****ing horrific.
I really dislike Randy quite a bit. He said that Kris singing Falling Slowly was pitchy the whole way through... and I instantly knew that Randy didn't know what 'pitch' was.
I really dislike Randy quite a bit. He said that Kris singing Falling Slowly was pitchy the whole way through... and I instantly knew that Randy didn't know what 'pitch' was.
Randy sucks for so many reasons......his ongoing "pitch" commentary is like reason #312.
Randy sucks for so many reasons......his ongoing "pitch" commentary is like reason #312.
And we're not slagging his body of "real" work as a bass player or producer, but it's simply ridiculous to get paid to judge such a hig profile show and use a vocabulary of 3 or 4 words to do it with.
It's like a Jake Peavy situation.....if you are THAT good, you can insist on a contract that does not have a non-compete clause (or the equivalent for a baseball pitcher is having a no-trade clause in your contract).
I don't think non-compete clauses are common in the entertainment industry. I doubt anybody would have one that says if they don't sign a contract extension that they can no longer be on TV and even if they did it probably wouldn't be enforceable.
I don't think non-compete clauses are common in the entertainment industry. I doubt anybody would have one that says if they don't sign a contract extension that they can no longer be on TV and even if they did it probably wouldn't be enforceable.
It wouldn't be.

They should really just have Simon, whoever the guest is that week (Tarantino, Jamie Foxx, whatever), and a revolving cast of music industry insiders and/or well respected professional musicians (Steve Albini, Butch Vig, Brendan O'Brien, Berry Gordy, etc, etc, etc) on the panel.

They should really just have Simon, whoever the guest is that week (Tarantino, Jamie Foxx, whatever), and a revolving cast of music industry insiders and/or well respected professional musicians (Steve Albini, Butch Vig, Brendan O'Brien, Berry Gordy, etc, etc, etc) on the panel.
Steve Albini on American Idol might constitute the apocalypse
Not being on TV wouldn't be the same as making the exact same product for another company.
Not being on TV wouldn't be the same as making the exact same product for another company.
Non-competes in the entertainment industry are just far too restrictive to be practical and my guess aren't enforceable. What you're saying is that producers should make their actors sign a non-compete that means they can't act in another sitcom for example when their current contract expires. It's just not realistic.
Non-competes in the entertainment industry are just far too restrictive to be practical and my guess aren't enforceable. What you're saying is that producers should make their actors sign a non-compete that means they can't act in another sitcom for example when their current contract expires. It's just not realistic.
It worked with the cast of Friends and Seinfeld.
  • 1 month later...
ellen annoys me but i have to admit its a perfect choice
really? i like her but i think she's a terrible choice. actually terrible may be an overstatement but i don't get it, i think she's a weird choice. are they trying to broaden their audience into housewives and lesbians?
really? i like her but i think she's a terrible choice. actually terrible may be an overstatement but i don't get it, i think she's a weird choice. are they trying to broaden their audience into housewives and lesbians?
Dawg. I think she has a quick enough mind and wit to be able to say something relevant and entertaining each time she bothers to open her mouth. Something which Randy and Paula are completely incapable of doing.