charter member's 10k freeroll...oh wait...5k

Just got an email saying that the 10K freeroll they promised is now only a 5k freeroll. What a bunch of crap. they say instead of having one 10k they are going to have 2 5k freerolls. Maybe that would be ok if you could play in both..but you still only play in one.

*Note: Instead of one $10k multi-stage freeroll, we decided it was  better tohave two $5k freerolls so more players could receive payouts.  You can  onlyparticipate in one of the two $5k freerolls.
Nice way to cut the freeroll in half. Over promise and now under deliever. This is thier way to use the same amount of money and use it in more than one event. I'm dissapointed in this. STEP UP FCP! IF YOU WANT TO HAVE TWO EVENTS MAKE THEM BOTH 10Ks. I don't know about you guys but the emal I got before I signed up and deposited said 10k freeroll. It's a little bait and switchish. :roll:

I'm going to let everybody know the reasons behind having two $5K freerolls instead of one $10K one.The maximum number of entrants the software allows us to have in any tournament is 2400 . If we only were to hold one tournament or allow everybody to be eligible for both freerolls then some people would be shut out. Since we don't want to shut anybody out our other option would have been to hold Satellite tournaments to a final tournament where the prize money would have been. This would have presented two problems. A player would have to be available to play at two different times instead of one. The other problem is that because the final tournament wouldn't have had a large number of entrants only about 15 players would have received a prize due to the way the software handles payouts on tournaments.For these reasons it was decided to hold two tournaments instead of one.

Harsh? You are told you are going to be plaing in a 10k tourney...then they tell you it's now a 5k. How is this not disappointing?Honestly...in the big picture it's not a big deal...however...these kind of little things can really add up.I pretty much don't play freerolls anymore. I've "graduated" from them. If I have my choice I'm normally playing in $20 to $30 touraments...and I try to play one $100 to $200 tournament per week..and the last 5 weeks I have. So when I see a 10k freeroll...I think ok there is some decent value there..however a 5k freeroll....well obvoiusly half the value.Don't get me wrong I support DN and FCP that's why I opened an account and deposited the same day I got the email. Hell at the beginning of the year I went and played at Poker Mountain for the same reason. Funny how they started pulling this kind of thing too and now it's a ghost town site.

I understand the reasons but hey...I was told it was a 10k freeroll. Quite frankly it's FCP's problem and if they feel they need to break it up into two events because they have so many players well they need to pony up the money that the players were told they were going to get to play for.

Who knows...I've yet to be able to find structure info for any of the tourments...you can find starting chips but can't find the blind levels.I did play in a $5 rebuy the other day and it was not a turbo and the blinds got so high so fast it was crazy. I remember late in the second hour they were already 400/800. Terrible.

I don't know about you guys but the emal I got before I signed up and deposited said 10k freeroll.  It's a little bait and switchish.  
I don't know about you but I decided to read the WHOLE e-mail you are referring to. Including the part where they stated they reserve the right to change or cancel aforementioned freerolls if they wish.I believe FCP has a pretty damn good reason in not wanting to shut people out of these. If they didn't do this you would be here posting a different whiney thread about how you didn't sign up in time and got shut out of the freeroll.If you don't like free money and feel they have pulled a "bait and switch" on you cash out (what's left) of your deposit and go elsewhere.

Wow, yeffy...you are so loyal that you actually are putting me down for stating my opionion on the subject.

If you don't like free money and feel they have pulled a "bait and switch" on you cash out (what's left) of your deposit and go elsewhere.
Does that make you feel better? Honestly I don't see why this would not bother you? Sure they have the right to do whatever they want. Cutting my freeroll prize pool in half is what they have done. As a customer I have the right to state my opinion. If you don't agree that's fine...but be an adult about it. Just because you don't like what I said does not mean I'm being "whiney". Most people that are unhappy just leave...I actaully care enough to state something that I think is wrong. This is the first time I've said anything negative about the site...I honestly could name a lot of things but I'm not. Don't forget I'm a big DN fan just like you obvoiusly are...only I'm not afraid to state an opinion of something when I think it's wrong.
I'm going to let everybody know the reasons behind having two $5K freerolls instead of one $10K one.The maximum number of entrants the software allows us to have in any tournament is 2400 . If we only were to hold one tournament or allow everybody to be eligible for both freerolls then some people would be shut out.  Since we don't want to shut anybody out our other option would have been to hold Satellite tournaments to a final tournament where the prize money would have been. This would have presented two problems. A player would have to be available to play at two different times instead of one. The other problem is that because the final tournament wouldn't have had a large number of entrants only about 15 players would have received a prize due to the way the software handles payouts on tournaments.For these reasons it was decided to hold two tournaments instead of one.
Hello,I am a charter member but didn't get above email. Do you have to be a real money Charter Member to play??????!!!!

yes it does state you must be a real money player and deposited by the 20th (I think the 20th)..so you still have time.Did you get the original email when they went live? I think it said "real money" in that as well.

Hello,I am a charter member but didn't get above email. Do you have to be a real money Charter Member to play??????!!!!Some spam filters are catching the e-mails so check your spam folder it might be there.For these freerolls you have to have made a real money deposit by the 20th to enter. You only have to have made a deposit, not actually played yet.

I think marcstar is way off base.They are still giving out 10K in free money.Would have been happier if they told you there'd be one tourney, but they will pay twice as many people as they normally would, all prizes will be halved? That's basically what they are doing. Then it would be "a" 10K free roll, instead of "10K in freerolls".It's the same thing man . . .

Would have been happier if they told you there'd be one tourney, but they will pay twice as many people as they normally would, all prizes will be halved? That's basically what they are doing. Then it would be "a" 10K free roll, instead of "10K in freerolls".It's the same thing man . . .
Well said. I understand the OP's point that the value/equity for players is now lower, but the bottom line is that they're still giving away ten grand.

I'm actually grateful for the two freeroll days. I'm travelling over one of the freeroll dates. If that had been the only day available for it, I'd be out of luck.The second date means that I'll at least be able to think about playing in one before the missus shuts me down. :club:

just got an email saying DN protege will get his entry fee fronted for four $100 online tourneys. their accounting software doesn't support $10,000 events. but hey, can't complain. free money is free money.

Some spam filters are catching the e-mails so check your spam folder it might be there.For these freerolls you have to have made a real money deposit by the 20th to enter. You only have to have made a deposit, not actually played yet.
I know my spam filter did not catch it, and I also did not get it, and I am a charter member.*shrug* Just saying it may be something else. Also, since my charter member e-mail is yahoo, maybe yahoo is filtering you as a whole....Ray
Well said.  I understand the OP's point that the value/equity for players is now lower, but the bottom line is that they're still giving away ten grand.
Except that each tournament will have half the people. Bottom line is the same thing.
Some spam filters are catching the e-mails so check your spam folder it might be there.For these freerolls you have to have made a real money deposit by the 20th to enter. You only have to have made a deposit, not actually played yet.
I know my spam filter did not catch it, and I also did not get it, and I am a charter member.*shrug* Just saying it may be something else. Also, since my charter member e-mail is yahoo, maybe yahoo is filtering you as a whole....Ray
Did you check your Bulk folder on your Yahoo e-mail account? Some people have reported that the e-mail ended up there. I've had friends send me an e-mail and it's ended up in the Bulk file with Yahoo for some reason. That's why I check all the stuff in there before I delete it.

You would think that after the big fuss DN raised about that tourney that gave free passes to guys like Hellmuth and Chan (without them having to qualify), that DN would want to definately stick to his guns about something they said they were going to do. There may be someone out there that joined solely for that reason (the 10K freeroll), and now that it has changed, that person may feel slighted (I certainly don't in any way, shape, or form). :club:

Well said. I understand the OP's point that the value/equity for players is now lower, but the bottom line is that they're still giving away ten grand.
Except that each tournament will have half the people. Bottom line is the same thing.
To FCP it is the same thing...they are giving away 10k. But to me I'm now playing in a tournament for only half the money. I don't care how many are playing...1st place will pay more in the 10k event than 5k event. So no, it's not the same. I understand your point about two tourneys and half the players etc. But most likely it will increase the number of players that can play....like one poster said he could not play one date but can on the other. So again less money to go around. In my head I'm like "Oh you can't make it? Tough luck pal... one less person to have to beat."Personally I think if they can't handle the volume they should have multi 10k freerolls. IF there are so many members that have deposited I think it would be worth FCP effort to reward the players with nice big promotional freeroll. I've played in 5k freerolls before (bodog has them once a month...1000 points to get in) but I've never played in a 10k freeroll and it looks like I won't be here either.