Aces In The Big Blind?

I am an amateur but i feel like you could go either way with this....You are dealt aces in the big blind. 3-6 limit table, everyone calls, do you check or raise? I would think that you would want to get more money in knowing that you have the best hand....but chances are eveyone is going to call.....so why not wait to see the flop and then push....Thanks.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an amateur but i feel like you could go either way with this....You are dealt aces in the big blind. 3-6 limit table, everyone calls, do you check or raise? I would think that you would want to get more money in knowing that you have the best hand....but chances are eveyone is going to call.....so why not wait to see the flop and then push....Thanks.
?In answer to question, assuming its limit, you raise for value because everybody will call.
You Raise.
to start with, I applaud your ballsiness, if you are an amateur playing 3-6 limit then kudos to you.hold your hands like pistols, run around the room like a cowboy for a few seconds, sit back down and hit F3Just don't marry them if the flop is scary and there is a lot of action.Oh and read SSHE (but you probably already know that :club:)

I raise, but I'm going to try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible if the board is even the least bit scary. The $60 in the pot preflop is more than most people usually make with aces.Realize that everyone is getting 20:1 on their money on the flop...even small pairs probably have enough pot odds to see a turn.Honestly, I would rather raise with a good suited connector in this position than AA...if it hits big you are getting PAID.And although Doyle was talking about NL, remember what he said....most of the time AA will either win you a small pot, or lose you a big one.

I raise, but I'm going to try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible if the board is even the least bit scary. The $60 in the pot preflop is more than most people usually make with aces.Realize that everyone is getting 20:1 on their money on the flop...even small pairs probably have enough pot odds to see a turn.Honestly, I would rather raise with a good suited connector in this position than AA...if it hits big you are getting PAID.And although Doyle was talking about NL, remember what he said....most of the time AA will either win you a small pot, or lose you a big one.
Limit and NL are played differently, dude
But you are giving people 20:1 odds to draw after the flop instead of 10:1...isn't it much better to sacrifice the extra bets before the flop to make it easier to isolate someone after the flop?Otherwise with 10 people in for 2 small bets a piece, there is NO WAY your aces are going to hold up.Plus by raising with that many people in, you are pretty much telling people "I have aces...come and get me". Which is why I'd rather make a raise like that with 10-Js or something like that.
But you are giving people 20:1 odds to draw after the flop instead of 10:1...isn't it much better to sacrifice the extra bets before the flop to make it easier to isolate someone after the flop?Otherwise with 10 people in for 2 small bets a piece, there is NO WAY your aces are going to hold up.Plus by raising with that many people in, you are pretty much telling people "I have aces...come and get me". Which is why I'd rather make a raise like that with 10-Js or something like that.
NO.
The only time I don't raise AA pre-flop in LHE is when it's capped ahead of me.
Eh. What if it's folded to you on the button, you raise, overplaying/aggressive SB 3-bets, and BB folds? There are exceptions, but I agree with you 99% of the time.
Have fun losing 3 big bets and 3 small bets then. Remember aces are only a pair.
Please. I much rather win a 25 BB pot 30% of the time.You are raising for value here. The pot is already enourmous with 10 sb, there's no way you can really protect your hand much more anyways, especially against this type of table. The immediate value you gain by raising here MORE than compensates for the times you get outdrawn. You're putting in ONE SB to win NINE more when we do with the 30% of the time we do take this down (30% equity vs 9 random hands via Pokerstove).It's not even close.- Zach
Have fun losing 3 big bets and 3 small bets then. Remember aces are only a pair.
You aren't serious are you. Yes they are only a pair, but they are the hand with the most equity pre-flop. Noone else has close to your equity when you raise with AA. I guess I could end this with, have fun winning only 18 Small bets, and 18 big bets when you hit a boat (assuming everyone stays to the end and there is only one bet per street).