ok...this thread is really about lost

Now that I have your attention, I have a question about "Lost".I really only started watching the show this season. I know the basics of what happened the first season, and I really liked the first episode. That said...I feel like NOTHING happened in last night's episode. Call me crazy, but at the end of episode #1 we had the standoff in the computer room and the guys on the raft. As of 50 minutes into episode #2 we had...the standoff in the computer room and the guys on the raft. At least we know they make it back, but that's it. There was pretty much zero in terms of moving the plot forward. So I have two questions:1. What the fuck?2. Is this normal for Lost based on the first season?mods, can we keep this on General at least for a while so i can get some ansers?

1. What the fuck?2. Is this normal for Lost based on the first season?
I don't think so ...I haven't watched the second season yet because I'm still checking out the first. It's on DVD now, so you can catch up. There's some pretty cool shit in the first season, so I'm going out on a limb based on my mostly incomplete knowledge and I'm going to say that usually something happens.The best part about this is that I work for a television magazine and I'm only halfway through the first season of one of last year's most popular shows.

I saw most of last season last year and it was great .... I agree, the show last night was brutal .... verrrry slooooooooowww. Now that they're back on the island I expect it to pick up to last year's levels as they bring the rest of the characters back in.

I am a HUGE Lost fan. Last night's episode was the worst of all out of the entire series. It was verrrrrrrrry slow and seemed to only rehash what we knew from last week. Season 1 is fantastic and Season 2 Episode #1 was great. I was disappointed last night but think next week will begin to pick up. Let's hope.

Last night's show had a lot of info in it, if you picked up on it.First the logo that was in the computer room that Locke looked at . . . was also the same logo on Desmond's shirt . . . was also the same logo on all the crates of food . . . and if you noticed ( I taped it so I did :club: ) that same logo was on the frickin' shark when it swam in front of the camera!! It was on his side right before the tail!! The logo said DHARMA . . . what is that all about? Then the painting on the wall as they first entered the room had a 108 painted in the center of it. When Locke was in the room with Desmond the computer starting beeping again . . . just like it did when we first saw Desmond in his little condo underground. He had Locke type in those crazy lotto numbers into the computer. Before he hit execute there was a clock above the computer that they showed and it was counting downwards. When he hit execute it went all the way back up to 108 minutes . . . what is that all about?Small stuff like when Walt's dad gave him the polar bear when he was saying goodbye to him (like the polar bear on the island). Oh and when Kate put the chocolate bars in her pants . . . nothing of significance . . . well other than Kate putting the chocolate bars in her pants . . . MMMM . . . chocolate! :D

I enjoy LOST, and this show was a huge setup for what comes next.Desmond comes back...We see the underground "quarantine" bunker...Walt comes back and talks backwards...The others are coming...What about the french woman?...And the numbers are everywhere...4 8 15 16 23 42...much more...and I have only begun watching for a month...

Next time please put the actual subject for the line, that way i don't have to waste 5 seconds of my time being tricked...Nah serriously though i hear it's a great tv show, but you have to watch it from the begining. Don't have the time or the patience for that, hope you find your answers.

last nights episode was just a set up for the rest of the season...a lot of little stuff happened that will come up later. And some stuff htat we just look over will turn out to be important later on. And yes, it is normal for Lost to have a few shows like this thougout the season

Really...LOGO on the shark? Are you sure? They do some crazy shiznit on that show, that's why I love it. I TIVO'd it and will check out that logo.Thx for info.Brad
yeah, the same logo that was all over the insides of the hatch
So I guess it's pretty obvious that there is some sort of company keeping these people on the island...so now the only question is why?
My guess is genetic experiment shit gone wrong. Desmond worked for the company and got left behind, that sort of thing.