Bodog 2/4 NLHE (9-handed) (Hand 287714470)MP1 $544Cobalt $498Cobalt is CO w/ K :D K :club:. MP1 is potentially loose.Pre-flop:2 folds, MP1 raises to $16, 2 folds, Cobalt re-raises to $54, 3 folds, MP1 callsFlop ($114): 2 :) 5 :D J :D (2 players)MP1 bets $35, Cobalt ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bodog 2/4 NLHE (9-handed) (Hand 287714470)MP1 $544Cobalt $498Cobalt is CO w/ K :D K :club:. MP1 is potentially loose.Pre-flop:2 folds, MP1 raises to $16, 2 folds, Cobalt re-raises to $54, 3 folds, MP1 callsFlop ($114): 2 :) 5 :D J :D (2 players)MP1 bets $35, Cobalt ?
calls?....feels like trips, though maybe a AK trying to find out where you areI would raise myself, maybe fold to a re-raise, though I can't get away from KK cause I suck

This is dependent on you, and the way villian has been playing high implied type hands. Does he still try to take it down on the flop w/ one broadway card? There are a number of times that I will go into call down mode in this type of situation. However, most times, I'm going to raise this flop.

Reraises - could be AdQd, QQ, AK, AJ, TT and a bunch of other hands that aren't JJ.
Come to think of it, it does look like an AJ bet seeing where he is at
btw, what the heck are you doing on no limit?
NLHE has always been my bread and butter. Been playing it online since October of 2004. Started at .05/.10 with $25 and built everything from that. Gradually moved up levels and occasionally mixed in some other games like LHE, LCP, and PLO/8. Just started focusing on LHE more within the past few months...but it was running badly over there, so I've transitioned back for a bit.Okay...so there seems to be moderate agreement that we re-raise. What should we re-raise to?
Okay...so there seems to be moderate agreement that we re-raise. What should we re-raise to?
What is your objective? Do you plan to fold to an all in? Or do you plan to get all Villians money in? If you plan to fold, don't pot commit yourself. You have position so if he just flat calls here, you can see the river for free most likely.Mark
NLHE has always been my bread and butter. Been playing it online since October of 2004. Started at .05/.10 with $25 and built everything from that. Gradually moved up levels and occasionally mixed in some other games like LHE, LCP, and PLO/8. Just started focusing on LHE more within the past few months...but it was running badly over there, so I've transitioned back for a bit.Okay...so there seems to be moderate agreement that we re-raise. What should we re-raise to?
I'll POT IT! Approx $110 okay, so lets say he calls this raise and turn is a blank PUSH. How bout if he goes over the top? what now?? :club:
Sorry most of the stuff I saw from you has been 10/20 and + LHE games I thoughtIf he is testing for an over pair I think $110 should do it

Flop ($114): 2 :D 5 :club: J :D (2 players)MP1 bets $35, Cobalt raises to $155, MP1 callsTurn ($424): J :D (2 players)MP1 bets $120, Cobalt ?I have $290 left.

Flop ($114): 2 :D 5 :club: J :D (2 players)MP1 bets $35, Cobalt raises to $155, MP1 callsTurn ($424): J :D (2 players)MP1 bets $120, Cobalt ?I have $290 left.
you just got f@cked by AJ, QJ, JT, or (less likely) JK. fold. i read him for top pair/decent kicker, not a draw.otherwise, crying call to the river?
pretty sure you have to fold here unless you are drunk, then make the raise to all in and say "I new it!!!!!!" when he turns over his flush drawPS we said $110 not $155
PS we said $110 not $155
Yeah, yeah...I just thought I had the best hand and wanted to charge AJ/QQ. If he came over the top on the flop, I could've folded.

Call me crazy...or optimistic...but it looks like he's playing 10-10 here. It looks like he bet the one over board and when top card paired, he gave you less credit for it and decided his pair was good.

Call me crazy...or optimistic...but it looks like he's playing 10-10 here. It looks like he bet the one over board and when top card paired, he gave you less credit for it and decided his pair was good.
QF partial Tif villian has TT/99 this is a good card for him and villian could bet it
I liked the way you played it assuming you folded the turn
Let's pretend I'm retarded...Flop ($114): 2 :D 5 :club: J :D (2 players)MP1 bets $35, Cobalt raises to $155, MP1 callsTurn ($424): J :) (2 players)MP1 bets $120, Cobalt callsRiver ($544): J :D (2 players)MP1 bets $170, Cobalt callsNo way to fold now, right?Seriously though, I'm glad a couple people thought he might have TT here on this turn...cause I thought he might.
Let's pretend I'm retarded...Flop ($114): 2 :D 5 :club: J :D (2 players)MP1 bets $35, Cobalt raises to $155, MP1 callsTurn ($424): J :) (2 players)MP1 bets $120, Cobalt callsRiver ($544): J :D (2 players)MP1 bets $170, Cobalt callsNo way to fold now, right?Seriously though, I'm glad a couple people thought he might have TT here on this turn...cause I thought he might.
Once the river comes, you're paying off quads.I thought TT, but I'm notorious for never recommending anyone to fold ever in any situation ever ever. :)

If this guy has a J, he has a monster, monster read on you.IF he doesn't, nh.Unless he has AA, then you hate life.He hates life if he flopped a set under J's :club:

If I'm playing a decent thinking player, this is how I would play a set if I flopped it. Villian must be hating that river. For sure you're paying off quads here.Mark

Looks like you got beat by AA?? River is a must call at that point. If its quads, sucks to be you, but you couldve abandoned ship on the turn, though easier said than done.