Okay, the two players involved in this hand are both winning players, both at the tail-end of a bad day. The villain has run hot during this session and hasn't rebought.The hero has been very aggressive, raising and re-raising. The villain has played back a few times (either by bet-raising or check-raising), but folded when the hero went back over the top. The hero aggressively pushed his stack up to about 2500 when the villain got sticky with bottom pair that turned into a river aces-up to beat the hero's turned two-pair.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $5/$102 playersConverterStack sizes:Hero: $1457BB: $4269Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with 8 :D 8 :DHero raises to $30, BB calls.Flop: 3 :) 9 :club: 9 :D ($60, 2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $60, BB raises to $210, Hero raises to $520, BB calls.Turn: T :D ($1100, 2 players)BB checks, Hero...?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for maintaining control of the hand and all, but bloating this pot to the point where we have 1PSB left seems to be trouble. The T doesn't matter. The villain either has 9x or a middle pair lower than ours (assuming that all bigger pairs reraise preflop) and 33 is also possible.I guess after he flats the flop 3 bet OOP, I check behind on the turn and fold to his bet on most rivers. Him sticking around with 44-77 here seems a little crazy since he's OOP and we're repping more of a hand than that. I'm not sure of the dynamic of the match, but I think that you should usually be done with this hand here. He won't fold a better hand to a shove and he'll never call with worse either.

The hero has been playing with the pedal pushed to the floor the entire time, so this flop action wasn't rare.EDIT: Except the villain's call.

I watched this last night and I was 100% that villain had a 9 in his hand. The only possible line that makes sense there is a 9, what else is just calling there with future action OOP? I thought villain should have put in the 4th raise on the flop to disguise his hand more, meh.

The hero has been playing with the pedal pushed to the floor the entire time, so this flop action wasn't rare.EDIT: Except the villain's call.
Right. Unless he stuck around with a middle pair (which is spewy), he's got us crushed. That is as uncoordinated a board as you'll ever see and the fact that he's OOP and called anyway tells us everything that we need to know to be done with the hand IMO.
Right. Unless he stuck around with a middle pair (which is spewy), he's got us crushed. That is as uncoordinated a board as you'll ever see and the fact that he's OOP and called anyway tells us everything that we need to know to be done with the hand IMO.
Do you think the call is scarier/less scary than if he pushed?Also, a few hands earlier, he called down some huge bets with bottom pair and rivered aces-up. Does that effect our outlook on this hand?
The villain either has 9x or a middle pair lower than ours (assuming that all bigger pairs reraise preflop)
I agree with everything you said except for this line. I think the assumption is off there and that Villain would try to trap the very aggro hero with QQ+.
Do you think the call is scarier/less scary than if he pushed?Also, a few hands earlier, he called down some huge bets with bottom pair and rivered aces-up. Does that effect our outlook on this hand?
I think the call is scarier.It does affect things, but how did the hand play out? What did the board look like? If you had a summary of that hand, it'd help to decide how much it influences things. I guess it matters, but I can't tell how much.
I agree with everything you said except for this line. I think the assumption is off there and that Villain would try to trap the very aggro hero with QQ+.
Ok, well, we're still not beating those bigger pairs, so it might as well be 9x as far as we're concerned, right?
Ok, well, we're still not beating those bigger pairs, so it might as well be 9x as far as we're concerned, right?
I agree. I guess it was more a response to me. I wasn't 100% villain had a 9 I guess it was a 9 or QQ+.The hand before that Naismith is talking about, I'll try to recreate from our IM conversation, I wasn't watching this hand.Hero button 810o stack $1250 villain covers.Hero raises pf to $30, villain calls.Flop 1052 rainbow.Villain checks, Hero bets $45 (bets are guesstimates that make sense to me), Villain calls.Turn 10528 rainbow complete.Villain checks, Hero bets $120, Villain calls.River 10528AVillain checks, Hero bets $300. Villain calls. Villain shows A5 for bigger two pair.I'm not positive of the betting, Villain may have C/R the flop to have Hero either reraise or call and then take the lead again. But basically Villain check called with bottom pair all the way down and then check/called when he rivered him.

Yeah, T's recounting of the hand is on par with just about everything he says in terms of how far off from reality it is.I know that the hero had the lead on the flop, turn and river and that the river bet was 700, which was not an overbet. The villain check-called the turn and the river. After the hand, the hero had roughly 1200 or so left.I don't know preflop action, flop action nor the best sizes on the flop. I believe the turn was a check-called 300 bet.

Yeah, T's recounting of the hand is on par with just about everything he says in terms of how far off from reality it is.
When cutting my name down, I'd prefer that you go by Skillz. I think I've earned it.
When cutting my name down, I'd prefer that you go by Skillz. I think I've earned it.
I used to until I watched you butcher two seperate tournies last night.

Yeah, I mean, that other hand, he played rather passively. I might dump it on the turn if I were him but mabye not depending on how the match was going.In the OP hand, I mean, he c/r the flop AND calls the 3 bet. I really think he's gotta be beating 88 here.

Yeah, I mean, that other hand, he played rather passively. I might dump it on the turn if I were him but mabye not depending on how the match was going.In the OP hand, I mean, he c/r the flop AND calls the 3 bet. I really think he's gotta be beating 88 here.
The A5 hand:Villain 3-bet preflop, bet out flop, check-called turn and river.

On that A5 hand, I 3 bet preflop to 90. Bet the flop. Then check called the turn. Then wimped out on river and just check called.

On that A5 hand, I 3 bet preflop to 90. Bet the flop. Then check called the turn. Then wimped out on river and just check called.
Shhhhh. No one knows you're the villain yet!
I dunno. A villain that chases bottom pair... he's playing the did you / did you not pair game a lot. I'm tempted to think that AK, AQ, AJ, and KQs are well within this range.I would personally take this line often enough with ace high.
I agree with this. The 3 bet pre, the flop bet and the c/c turn are all pretty standardish. He just played weakly on the river.
I dunno. A villain that chases bottom pair... he's playing the did you / did you not pair game a lot. I'm tempted to think that AK, AQ, AJ, and KQs are well within this range.I would personally take this line often enough with ace high.
Do you light cigarettes with $20 bills?Floating with a hand like AK here is really bad unless you have some massive read that the other guy doesn't have anything. You're OOP, unlikely to get help on the turn and there's only 1PSB left for 2 streets of action. It doesn't look like a good play at all.After he c/rs, he would be done with the hand without at least a pair, or at least he should be like 100% of the time.
I agree with this. The 3 bet pre, the flop bet and the c/c turn are all pretty standardish. He just played weakly on the river.
Wait who? Roberts is the guy with A5 not with 810, who are you referring to?
Wait who? Roberts is the guy with A5 not with 810, who are you referring to?
I was referring to the guy with A5. I thought he was the one who 3bet pre, bet the flop then c/c on the turn. If Roberts was one of the people in the hand, I don't know.
I was referring to the guy with A5. I thought he was the one who 3bet pre, bet the flop then c/c on the turn. If Roberts was one of the people in the hand, I don't know.
He is A5.I think c/c that turn is vvvvvvv marginal. C/R river would be correct, IMO, I think Roberts agrees to that.