Official Yankees Thread

Alright since there's an official KC Royals Thread and an official every other team that matters thread, I'd figure I'd create an official Yankees thread. I don't think it's too late for one of these, as the Yanks take on the hottest team in baseball, the Detroit Tigers, this afternoon.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, hopefully this is the start of a new beginning for Johnson.

Dear Yankees,Please beat the Tigers again the next few games. It would be appreciated. Thanks.From,The White Sox

No chance of Yanks winning it all this year. They'll be too worn down come playoff time..way too old. I picked them to win the division..but they may not even make the playoffs, as the Wild Card will be coming from the AL Central....

That was a tuff loss. I guess thats what happens when you rely on Kyle ****ersworthless instead of putting Mo in.

That was a tuff loss. I guess thats what happens when you rely on Kyle ****ersworthless instead of putting Mo in.
i thought farnsworth really would be the difference in the yanks beating the red sox this year, but he wasn't fooling anyone tonight.the yanks are showing us something by winning with chocolate milky cabrera, long and cairo at short.well, i guess they ended up losing tonight, but you catch my drift.

I'm so mad. If they don't take at least 3/4 from the O's I might go crazy.

I'm pretty happy sheffield remains injured. Mary-ano being hurt is also fun, but he is getting very good at blowing saves so maybe that's a negative. All in all, it's about time the Tigers took a game from these pricks.

I'm pretty happy sheffield remains injured. Mary-ano being hurt is also fun, but he is getting very good at blowing saves so maybe that's a negative. All in all, it's about time the Tigers took a game from these pricks.
To say that your glad somebody is hurt with as much class as Mariano is -EV.

The Yanks had a good win last night. Farnsworth came back from a terrible night before and Jeter got his clutch hits. If the Yanks can acquire one or two key guys I like their chances.

mo was injured, and they had no other choicefarnsworth was the best option most likelyyankees suck
mo was injured, and they had no other choicefarnsworth was the best option most likelyyankees suck
I know that they had no choice. MO is the only person that I truely trust in this bullpen. If I had to pick a 2nd guy I'd probablly pick Villone, because of his ERA.
I know that they had no choice. MO is the only person that I truely trust in this bullpen. If I had to pick a 2nd guy I'd probablly pick Villone, because of his ERA.
Ya, they focus so much on picking up the best offense, but there pitching really isnt that great other than Mo and Moose. Randy has been better lately tho, I will give you that.

i love how the only replies you get in the official yankees thread are "yankees suck" or "yankees won't win this year." I like the Yankees' chances this year, regardless of what all Yankee haters will say. Even with Matsui and Sheffield gone for most of the year, they still have Jeter, A-Rod, a rejuvenated (or re-juicinated?) Giambi, Posada and Johnny Damon. Melky Cabrera could become this years Robinson Cano, and Terrence Long is not an automatic out. The pitching isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, and when Mariano comes back Farnsworth can go back to just throwing 100 MPH fastballs as the set up man. Scott Proctor is one of the best relievers in baseball, too.The wild card will come out of the East, as the Tigers and Indians aren't on the same level as the Yankees and Red Sox just yet. The Tigers look good, but I figured as poker players most of you would look at sample size and realize 1/3 of a season is not enough to judge how good a team will be later on.Go Yankees, bitches.

So when the Royals are forced to play Terrence Long in their outfield due to injuries, we are made fun of and are ridiculed, but when T. Long shows up in the Yankees outfield..he is "not an automatic out" and I believe I read somewhere on ESPN or maybe some other site that T. Long was a "good pick-up" for the Yankees and he was a "very capable player" or some bullsh*t like that....awesome.BTW, Yanks aren't going all the way, they just flat out won't be at full strength come playoff time, they'll be worn down, and IF they even make the playoffs, they will be out in the 1st round. Their time is up...they are getting too old.

So when the Royals are forced to play Terrence Long in their outfield due to injuries, we are made fun of and are ridiculed, but when T. Long shows up in the Yankees outfield..he is "not an automatic out" and I believe I read somewhere on ESPN or maybe some other site that T. Long was a "good pick-up" for the Yankees and he was a "very capable player" or some bullsh*t like that....awesome.
For the record, when I saw that Terrence Long was in the outfield for the Yankees, I burst out laughing. He is teh suck.
For the record, when I saw that Terrence Long was in the outfield for the Yankees, I burst out laughing. He is teh suck.
Yeah, I know all the real fans will realize his crappiness, but ESPN and the ignorant Yankee fans will say otherwise until he pops up on some other team, then they'll go back to making fun of the team that's playing him. "Whatever keeps New York happy"....that's ESPN's motto.
Yeah, I know all the real fans will realize his crappiness, but ESPN and the ignorant Yankee fans will say otherwise until he pops up on some other team, then they'll go back to making fun of the team that's playing him. "Whatever keeps New York happy"....that's ESPN's motto.
He is supposed to go down to AAA. However, as you know the Yankees don't really have a choice with all of their injuries. When they have to replace Bubba Crosby due to injuries you know that there's a big problem. If Pavano comes back healthy and Johnson is healthy come October you have to like their chances. A controlled Randy Johnson, a healthy Pavano, Mike Mussina, and another quality pitcher should be enough to bring a championship home. If they get a healthy Sheffield back that's another plus.