Official 2005 World Champion White Sox Thread

Mark Buehrle pitched a solid eight innings. Crede hit a two run double to help defeat the pesky Royals 3-1. The Sox ended their four game losing streak and brought their record up to 2-4. Chicago is scheduled to play three in Detroit then head home for a nine game homestand.Freddy Garcia is scheduled to start against Jeremy Bonderman tomorrow at noon.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance of a repeat. They are a good team..but (to use some poker-speak) they ran extremely well last year and I think they are gonna fall back to Earth a bit. I think they'll win the Wild Card....but nothing much more than that. Garland looked awfully shaky in his outing..is one example of that.Edit: Plus...you have the all-time worst TV broadcasters in the history of the world. It would only be karma for them to witness a disappointing season. They are flat out rediculous when calling a game.

No chance of a repeat. They are a good team..but (to use some poker-speak) they ran extremely well last year and I think they are gonna fall back to Earth a bit. I think they'll win the Wild Card....but nothing much more than that. Garland looked awfully shaky in his outing..is one example of that.Edit: Plus...you have the all-time worst TV broadcasters in the history of the world. It would only be karma for them to witness a disappointing season. They are flat out rediculous when calling a game.
No chance at all? Garland looked ehh but he didn't get help from his defense aka Pablo Ozuna in the outfield.. The weather conditions did not help either. I am not worried at all and am definitely ready to attempt to repeat. I believe it is definitely possible.I love our announcers. They are great. They are very entertaining and I would much rather listen to them than any other announcers aka Berman, Morgan....
No chance at all? Garland looked ehh but he didn't get help from his defense aka Pablo Ozuna in the outfield.. The weather conditions did not help either. I am not worried at all and am definitely ready to attempt to repeat. I believe it is definitely possible.I love our announcers. They are great. They are very entertaining and I would much rather listen to them than any other announcers aka Berman, Morgan....
Well...of course my saying "no chance" is probably too strong of a term..of course they have "a chance," but I think they'll be falling down to Earth a little bit. Again..they had a lot of things go their way last year....could be time for things to even out a bit.As for your announcers..the only reason you like them is because you are a ChiSox fan. Trust me...every other fan of baseball knows that they are a complete joke. There is nothing wrong with supporting your team, but their job is to broadcast the game, not yelp and cry and holler every time they do something good...and then go silent when the other team does something great (for example..when Sweeney hit him HR the other day...they pretty much went dead silent....that's just childish and uncalled for). Plus...the way they describe the action is just bullsh*t. EVERY ball the ChiSox hit into the outfield is described as..." oh...and he gets into that ball good....that was crushed....oh..and the wind knocks it down...how unlucky that it was caught," yet when the opposing team hits the ball into the outfield, it is "oh...and the pitcher jams him really good...great pitch.....didn't hit the ball well. Good job pitcher." They are extremely biased and are the biggest homers ever.....while their job is to call the game and at least be SOMEWHAT objective and mature. They fail miserably. I don't "hate" the White Sox....but I sure hate those announcers.
Well...of course my saying "no chance" is probably too strong of a term..of course they have "a chance," but I think they'll be falling down to Earth a little bit. Again..they had a lot of things go their way last year....could be time for things to even out a bit.As for your announcers..the only reason you like them is because you are a ChiSox fan. Trust me...every other fan of baseball knows that they are a complete joke. There is nothing wrong with supporting your team, but their job is to broadcast the game, not yelp and cry and holler every time they do something good...and then go silent when the other team does something great (for example..when Sweeney hit him HR the other day...they pretty much went dead silent....that's just childish and uncalled for). Plus...the way they describe the action is just bullsh*t. EVERY ball the ChiSox hit into the outfield is described as..." oh...and he gets into that ball good....that was crushed....oh..and the wind knocks it down...how unlucky that it was caught," yet when the opposing team hits the ball into the outfield, it is "oh...and the pitcher jams him really good...great pitch.....didn't hit the ball well. Good job pitcher." They are extremely biased and are the biggest homers ever.....while their job is to call the game and at least be SOMEWHAT objective and mature. They fail miserably. I don't "hate" the White Sox....but I sure hate those announcers.
Yes I know I am biased with my opinion, but this is the reason I enjoy the announcers. I want to listen to a group that is rooting for a team, which is what is supposed to be happening on a local station. The way I see it they have a job but actually love a certain team. This is why it is a local channel and is not see everywhere so it can piss off the opposing fans. Ohh well, go Sox
He looked great until Ozuna dropped that flyball.
That one bad play didn't let in all nine of the earned runs that Garland gave up. He looked good for three innings....then extremely bad for 2.1 more. I ain't saying he "sucks" now or anything...but I don't think he'll have nearly as good of a season as last year.
That one bad play didn't let in all nine of the earned runs that Garland gave up. He looked good for three innings....then extremely bad for 2.1 more. I ain't saying he "sucks" now or anything...but I don't think he'll have nearly as good of a season as last year.
he wasn't perfect last year so I think he will improve overall this year. Maybe not in his win total though.

Behind Thome's and Crede's two run home runs the Sox beat the hot Tigers 5-3. Konerko also hit a solo shot and Iguchi had two hits. Freddy Garcia pitched six innings, with some great defensive plays behind him. Brandon McCarthy pitched two solid innings out of the bullpen and Jenks got his second save of the year.White Sox 3-4Tigers 5-2Thome 4 HRsCrede 1 HRKonerko 1 HRGarcia 1-1 Jenks 2 saves

I'm a big Sox fan. Do they have a chance of winning again? Of course they do. I think the Sox and Cleveland will have a great race to the end of the season, and that is quickly turning in to one of the better rivalries in all of baseball. As for the announcers, yes the TV announcers aren't that great, but their radio guys are amazing.

Jenks is a ****in animal...
He was big last year, but this year he looks even bigger... Scary :club:
No, but the two that it did let in should not have been earned, it's just the way stuff is scored. Then it all snowballed from there because he should've been out of the inning. There were other defensive miscues. Let's just say the elements and the scoring were not in his favor.
No, but the two that it did let in should not have been earned, it's just the way stuff is scored. Then it all snowballed from there because he should've been out of the inning. There were other defensive miscues. Let's just say the elements and the scoring were not in his favor.
Okay...well...if you're gonna bring up those excuses...then why don't you also point out how lucky Joe Crede got in the last game when he got jammed and shattered his bat..yet still got that RBI double........it all evens out and goes both ways. That's just baseball.
At what point is Podsednik going to start playing this season?
seems like he is still in spring training mode.. I sure hope he starts hitting soon. We need him to spark the offense... Thome can't homer every game. :club:

Behind Thome's solo home run and Konerko's two run single the Sox went on to win 4-3. Contreras allowed one run in eight solid innings and Jenks let up a two run HR to Shelton (6) in the ninth. The Sox have won three in a row and even their record at 4-4. The Sox play Detroit tomorrow.Sox 4-4.HRs Thome - 5Contreras 1-0Saves- Jenks 3With his home run in the top of the 5th inning, Jim Thome tied Manny Ramirez for 33rd on the all-time list with 435 career homers.

He was big last year, but this year he looks even bigger... Scary :club:
he's pretty big... just playing catch with him he could break your thumb if you don't catch it right... so much movement...

The Sox started off strong with solo HRs from Iguchi and Thome. They added five runs in the third. The Tigers fought back with two runs in the fourth and four in the fifth inning. They fell short and lost 13-9. Utility man Alex Cintron had two triples and Garland had another shakey outing but got his first win of the year. The Sox have won four in a row and are now 5-4. They head home to play Toronto tomorrow.White Sox 5-4HRs- Thome 6, Iguchi 1

I'd just like to know....what the f*ck have Chris Shelton and Jim Thome been eating for breakfast.....where can I get some......and will it make my testicles shrink? They'll both come back down to Earth, but awfully impressive starts for both.

I went to Friday's game which wasn't pretty because the Sox lost 13-7. On Saturday the Sox won 4-2 behind Konerko's 2 two run homers. Iguchi made a great play, maybe the play of the year in the ninth. The Sox are at 6-5.

I'd just like to know....what the f*ck have Chris Shelton and Jim Thome been eating for breakfast.....where can I get some......and will it make my testicles shrink? They'll both come back down to Earth, but awfully impressive starts for both.
Both homered again today.
Both homered again today.
beat me to it.. Sox scored 3 in the first and 2 in the second. Dye and Thome hit homeruns and the Sox won in four and a half innings. Freddy Garcia got the win but had control issues with the rain in the fourth. Garcia 2-1Dye 2 HRsThome 7 HRs