Turn And River

Poker Stars $2.00+$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t60/t120 Blinds + t15 - 6 players - View hand 839633The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterSB: t5730 M = 21.22BB: t5981 M = 22.15UTG: t3975 M = 14.72MP: t3655 M = 13.54Hero (CO): t7608 M = 28.18BTN: t4765 M = 17.65Pre Flop: (t270) Hero is CO with A :3h J :qh1 fold, MP calls t120, Hero raises to t444, 2 folds, BB calls t324, MP calls t324Flop: (t1482) 6 :club: A :4h T :ts(3 players)BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets t666, BB folds, MP calls t666Turn: (t2814) K :5c(2 players)MP checks, Hero checksRiver: (t2814) 9 :jh(2 players)MP bets t960, Hero calls t960b/f turn?

bet the turn... betting the turn there should be automatic
why? only kinda value hand i bet is A9 or a8, and this is pretty scary for that. i mean im starting to think checking is better. bad river to see, but i was calling any none shove regardless of the river.

i dont like giving a free card in this spot..i think we have the best hand here a good % of time but not so good of hand that im letting someone beat us for free... if were behind and he raises we can fold and if he just calls we can prolly get a cheap showdown on the riveroops i thought he had 13655either way i think im betting the turn

i like a turn check here most of the time unless you're dealing with a calling station who will just bleed chips to you with ne thing. I'm calling this river too since it missed most hands and people will try and steal there with all types of hands because of the check on the turn.

pot control
pot control is one thing but imo checking the turn is weak....plenty of draws available...im thinking our hand is good on the turn a high enough % of the time that im gonna make sure i dont give a free card even if that means throwing the pot control theory right out the window
bet bigger flop. Don't mind the turn check. Call river
+1
pot control is one thing but imo checking the turn is weak....plenty of draws available...im thinking our hand is good on the turn a high enough % of the time that im gonna make sure i dont give a free card even if that means throwing the pot control theory right out the window
If you bet the turn, you will see a raise more often than a flat, imo. And even a flat could mean we are behind.
+1 If you bet the turn, you will see a raise more often than a flat, imo. And even a flat could mean we are behind.
im betting the turn and im not folding to any shove....i think we have the best hand here a majority of the time and im protecting my hand
im betting the turn and im not folding to any shove....i think we have the best hand here a majority of the time and im protecting my hand
+1EDIT: i would check behind on the river for pot control

There IS merit betting the turn to get value from draws.I don't mind either, really.Its unlikely he is turning up with AK here so unless he has set/AT/KT/QJ he won't likely bluffraise. I think the number of hands that call a turn bet outweigh hands that would raise us. Do this with the intention of checking any non-Q or sometimes non-A river though.