This is a thread for Chicago related posts, but mainly for Scram to post whatever he wants.

http://www.suntimes.com/23203709-761/2-dozen-busts-no-problem-for-110000-a-year-illinois-prison-official.html

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the hardest part about being a Cubs fan?                                                                                                      

Look up the David Koschman case. One of Daleys nephews chinned some much smaller kid outside a bar who went out, wound up hitting his head and dying. The CPD stonewalled the case (obviously at the be

Noob suburbanites need to learn how to ignore the homeless like the rest of us.

He may be a piece of shit, or he may be someone who did dumb shit when he was young but grew up and stopped. Since he's black I know what side I'd bet on but it's possible he just grew up.

We used to kind of accept that as part of human life and development but ever since we entered the era of crime-hysterics, it's different, the mantra is that anyone who's ever been arrested is 'the bad pile' permanently, for the rest of their lives and thus absolutely forbidden from every single thing the government can exert control over. You want to get licensed to be a realtor or barber 17 years after selling pot? YOU SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BEFORE YOU...

Like, if you stood outside a Baptist Church after Sunday service in the parking lot amidst all the Romney 'bestickered' F150's and polled the congregants on ex-offender reentry issues (aka- forgiveness), I'm totally confident in estimating that a full 80% of them would conveniently ignore or rationalize away what is otherwise a deeply rudimentary aspect of their own faith.

It's just who we are as a people (and another reason why we're mocked by every country on earth).

Like, if you stood outside a Baptist Church after Sunday service in the parking lot amidst all the Romney 'bestickered' F150's and polled the congregants on ex-offender reentry issues (aka- forgiveness), I'm totally confident in estimating that a full 80% of them would conveniently ignore or rationalize away what is otherwise a deeply rudimentary aspect of their own faith.

SHOTS FIRED, BRV!

He may be a piece of shit, or he may be someone who did dumb shit when he was young but grew up and stopped. Since he's black I know what side I'd bet on but it's possible he just grew up.

We used to kind of accept that as part of human life and development but ever since we entered the era of crime-hysterics, it's different, the mantra is that anyone who's ever been arrested is 'the bad pile' permanently, for the rest of their lives and thus absolutely forbidden from every single thing the government can exert control over. You want to get licensed to be a realtor or barber 17 years after selling pot? YOU SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BEFORE YOU...

It's just who we are as a people (and another reason why we're mocked by every country on earth).

I'd prefer to see convicts reentering than serviceman. If you've seen combat at least. I thank them for their service, but if you are going to protect me from one ridiculous threat, protect me from a slightly less ridiculous one too and don't come home.

You're making sacred-cow burgers with that one.

You're absolutely correct but nevertheless I'm pretty sure walking around in Klan robes would be considered less offensive than even slightly broaching that subject.

You're making sacred-cow burgers with that one.

You're absolutely correct but nevertheless I'm pretty sure walking around in Klan robes would be considered less offensive than even slightly broaching that subject.

I've broached it in the south a bunch of times. I always play an angle that my brother has PTSD and beats his kids or something like that, just to sell it a little cleaner. No one is convinced, but that's not really the goal when you're shitting on the infantry in a barber shop.

Fortunately, most combat veterans end up homeless, and who the hell even notices the homeless are there?

White people from the suburbs have to impress their S.O. by taking them to the city sometimes, and those fallen heroes can make them feel very uncomfortable.

• 2 months later...

That blog has been thoroughly discussed. It's a good link to have on the GROUND FLOOR of Scram's SuperThread® anyway. So thanks for posting it.

You want to know what's really going on in Chicago? You need to read this:

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com

You can thank me later.

-Tom.

SCC is a worthy read, but it's from the perspective of cops.

All they do is deal with the scum of the earth for 8-10 hours a day.

After a while, their entire perspective on life gets skewed.

The Chicago PD is pretty much the icon of insular police departments with a serious gang mentality, deep, systemic corruption, etc.

SCC is pretty heaviy moderated but whoever writes it is pretty damn balanced. He is generally an apologist but doesn't hesitate to speak out on stuff like the Abbatte mess where there were other cops who were seriously trying to rationalize that as 'not being as bad as it looked'.

• 3 months later...

Scram: certainly you have some thoughts on this ventra/Chicago card changeover. I hate it. Do you ever use public transport?

Brv doesn't understand. He lives on the north side. You can take the train into the city from the purple line and be totally cool. The stops are frequent, stopping at lots of great places. But, once you go past down town, and the stops are for streets with numbers, instead of names, you're going to be raped.

Actually that's absolutely true, and I hadn't thought of that. I've never even been as far south as Comiskey on public transport. And Comiskey is probably way north of Scram.

I don't care.

I take cabs everywhere or if its outside cab range, drive.

Busses and trains are for Africans.

Man. I thought I was setting you up for a huge tirade against all the corruption involved in this deal, and how it does nothing but hurt the community overall, but in this case, you're probably glad that's happening, since it's just screwing the people you don't care about. That makes sense, but it's disappointing for me.

And Comiskey is probably way north of Scram.

What's the hardest part about being a Cubs fan?

Telling your father you're a ****ing fag.

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Look up the David Koschman case. One of Daleys nephews chinned some much smaller kid outside a bar who went out, wound up hitting his head and dying.

The CPD stonewalled the case (obviously at the behest of Daley) and about got away with it but the dead kids parents were really tenacious and wouldn't let it go.

When cops get jammed up, they deliberately **** with the evidence so a case cannot be made against their 'brother'.

http://articles.chic...oakdale-avenues

I could go on and on and on and on and on with personal anecdotes from people I know who are cops (who used to sell me narcotics) but its pointless. Naive people cannot have their minds changed since they write off a nation wide, systemic problem as a 'few bad applies' while those who aren't naive don't need anecdotes of shit they already know.

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...