first off, i am in now way a seahawks fan, but I do respect them seeing as they are a west coast team. I didn't see a thread so I thought that I'd start one. One question, do you think that the seahawks can return to a playoff team under Carroll? His track record in the NFL isn't that great. discuss.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They absolutely don't need any of their receivers other than Harvin. Mid-level receivers are easily replaceable. They absolutely need to do whatever it takes to resign their DB's. Good DB's are vir

Hoping for a better second half from the hawks

I hope Richard Sherman gets beaten for three tds tonight.

There was a thread but I think I was the only one on here who was a fan...lol, so i let it die.I thought they were a team that could compete for the NFC west this season but boy was i wrong. I like what they did in going in a way diffrent direction as it became apparent that this is a tear down and rebuild job. They need to rebuild there O line pretty much from scratch, they need a new LT, LG and C for sure. There ok at WR and Hasslebeck can get it done if he has the running game to keep them honest. there D was the biggest let down this year imo. The LB core was supposed to be among the best in the NFL but with injuries to Tatupa and Hill they never really played much together. Curry was a dissapointment, he misses alot of open field plays and looks slow at the NFL level. Up front there D line needs wprk too, Kerney will probally be cut and they need a bonafide pass rusher at DE. I actually think there decent a corner when healthy, Trufant and Wilson. I would love to see Berry fall to them at 6 to give them a awesome safety to complement and improve all aspects on that side of the ball.As for the rebuild I would like them to address the O line through FA if possible and address other needs in the draft where they have #6,14 and 38. Lindell White expressed intrest in coming to Seattle to join Carroll. He would be a good compliment to Justin Forsett who looked real good down the stretch but he is probaly a guy who needs a very good platoon mate for durability issues. David Hawthorne filled in very well for Lofa but he isnt required unless they move to a 3-4 which looks unlikely as there is talk that Gus Bradley is returning at DC, o Hawthorne could be used in some kind of deal(I think Lofa is safe with his college coach running the show).I think Arizona if they lose Warner wil miss next year but I feel its the 49ers division for a few years anyway, especially if they have a good offseason. I think the Seahwks if all goes well should be a winning team again with 2 good offseasons in a row.

mony and coug, you're def not the only Hawks fans on this board. I've been a season ticket holder for going on 5 seasons now, been a fan pretty much my whole life. My girlfriend even works for the team (as well as the Sounders/WaMu Theater/Qwest Field, in facilities management).IMO, the Coach Fredo era will only work if he surrounds himself with coaches and coordinators that can actually coach, like he did at USC. He started good by grabbing Alex Gibbs to be his o-line coach. Not sure about Gus Bradley as DC, but he probably deserves at least another year to prove himself (or not). Don't know much about Jeremy Bates as OC either, but willing to give him a chance. Would love to see them bring Zorn back as QB coach.I wasn't super psyched about the hiring (would've rather had us actually go after Leslie Frazier, honestly), and I think hiring a coach before a GM is dumb as shit. That being said, I'm definitely interested to see what we do with the draft this year, and say what you will about Pete Carroll as a coach, but you can't knock the dude's enthusiasm.In summary, Go Hawks. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go cry into my Cortez Kennedy jersey.

mony and coug, you're def not the only Hawks fans on this board. I've been a season ticket holder for going on 5 seasons now, been a fan pretty much my whole life. My girlfriend even works for the team (as well as the Sounders/WaMu Theater/Qwest Field, in facilities management).IMO, the Coach Fredo era will only work if he surrounds himself with coaches and coordinators that can actually coach, like he did at USC. He started good by grabbing Alex Gibbs to be his o-line coach. Not sure about Gus Bradley as DC, but he probably deserves at least another year to prove himself (or not). Don't know much about Jeremy Bates as OC either, but willing to give him a chance. Would love to see them bring Zorn back as QB coach.I wasn't super psyched about the hiring (would've rather had us actually go after Leslie Frazier, honestly), and I think hiring a coach before a GM is dumb as shit. That being said, I'm definitely interested to see what we do with the draft this year, and say what you will about Pete Carroll as a coach, but you can't knock the dude's enthusiasm.In summary, Go Hawks. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go cry into my Cortez Kennedy jersey.
completely agree with the bolded sections. love that you have a Tez jersey too :club:
  • 1 month later...

Yikes Brandon Marshal is in Seattle talking contract. If the sign him to an offer sheet it will cost them the #6 pick. Way to much for a problem child who is 1 strike away from a year suspension. I would concider maybe Branch and a conditional 2nd in 2011 if he keeps his nose clean. I think this team needs to rebuild not throw an impact player in the mix to finish 8-8.

Yikes Brandon Marshal is in Seattle talking contract. If the sign him to an offer sheet it will cost them the #6 pick. Way to much for a problem child who is 1 strike away from a year suspension. I would concider maybe Branch and a conditional 2nd in 2011 if he keeps his nose clean. I think this team needs to rebuild not throw an impact player in the mix to finish 8-8.
do you think their will be a player at #6 as good as Brandon Marshall? I think he would help out the hawks, and yes, he does have those off the field issues, and yes he is one slip up away from being banned for a year, but a player with his talent is a must have, imo.
do you think their will be a player at #6 as good as Brandon Marshall? I think he would help out the hawks, and yes, he does have those off the field issues, and yes he is one slip up away from being banned for a year, but a player with his talent is a must have, imo.
Yea problem is though Hasselbeck doesnt/wont have the time for Marshall to run his routes. There O line is pathetic and thats where they should start on that side of the ball. Okung probally will be gone at 6 though but I am hoping Berry/Okung at 6 and a pass rusher or Bulaga at 14. Baltimore only gave up a 3 and 4 for Boldin so a 2 and Branch(who Mcdaniels apparently wants) should suffice.
  • 2 weeks later...
Yikes they traded #40 in the 2nd and a 3rd in 2011 for #60 in the second and SD's third string qb???? Then they gave him a 2 year 10 million dollar deal!!!!!!!!!
Wow, thats a lot to give up for Charlie Whitehurst! I guess they see something they really like.....
Wow, thats a lot to give up for Charlie Whitehurst! I guess they see something they really like.....
Its bizzare. They are sending out mixed signals by doing nothing in free agency. The qbs in the draft havent had there pro days yet so you think they might want to take a look at them before making this move. Hasselbeck has 1 year left under contract so he will probally be the starter so you are paying 10 million for a back up and potential starter a year from now. If he does pan out he is a FA at the end of his first starting year. They have to many holes to fill to be competitive in the next 2 years. Now watch them trade #14 for Brandon Marshall who will be on the decline(if not gone due to suspension) by time they are competing again. Not impressed with the new regime so far.
Its bizzare. They are sending out mixed signals by doing nothing in free agency. The qbs in the draft havent had there pro days yet so you think they might want to take a look at them before making this move. Hasselbeck has 1 year left under contract so he will probally be the starter so you are paying 10 million for a back up and potential starter a year from now. If he does pan out he is a FA at the end of his first starting year. They have to many holes to fill to be competitive in the next 2 years. Now watch them trade #14 for Brandon Marshall who will be on the decline(if not gone due to suspension) by time they are competing again. Not impressed with the new regime so far.
Honestly, Marshall for #14 is not so bad.....they might as well get Whitehurst some big, big help. Marshall strikes me as a guy who will behave as long he gets the money he wants.
I saw that kid they traded for play a lot in college (clemson). he has a good amount of talent, but he needs to get experience and learn and he will be legit.

plus i would give up my #14 pick for marshall and give him lots of $$ to keep him happy. he is the best WR in the NFL, imo.

Not doubting Marshall's talent but i think its more of a move when your close. Seahakws are far from close and need multiple peices on both sides. I think they need a LT before anything else on O and need alot of help on D line and secondary.

Not doubting Marshall's talent but i think its more of a move when your close. Seahakws are far from close and need multiple peices on both sides. I think they need a LT before anything else on O and need alot of help on D line and secondary.
true.
Heard maybe Seattles(actually the Chargers) 2nd rounder and a 4th might get it done for Marshall. That I would do instantly.
+1, and, DAMNIT!!!! :club: I dont want to face brandon twice a year.
+1, and, DAMNIT!!!! :club: I dont want to face brandon twice a year.
Gotta figure if thats an acceptable price for Denver more teams are gonna get involved though. If they could come out of this off season with Mccoy or Berry and a solid O line prospect from the mid 1st pick along with Marshal I think thats a big win. Even though they overpaid for whitehurst.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think OT at 6 for sure, then trade down from 14 but I think they're gonna go after Claussen. Peter King said he "knows for a fact that Seattle covets Claussen". I'll be pretty bummed out if they take Claussen