Pokerstars And Linux?

hey guys,anyone know of a way to get it to work? i know theres VMware and such programs but im just wondering if anyone has a FAQ or anything handy. im going to be installign Kubuntu on my pc this week as im getting totally fed up with windows, and have found alternate programs for everything else i use (mp3, aim/msn, internet, email, office)thankspatrick

One of my friends a couple weeks ago as it happened said he got PokerStars to run perfectly, as if it was native (and on kubuntu).Pretty certain he was using WINE.

Pretty certain he was using WINE.
Funny, everytime I try making something work by using wine, I just end up throwing up, falling down, and passing out.

ya wine is one of the other good emulators to use to get windows progs to work, ill let eveyrone knwo how it works in the future... prolly do this tomorrow or the day after

ya wine is one of the other good emulators to use to get windows progs to work, ill let eveyrone knwo how it works in the future... prolly do this tomorrow or the day after
WINE is definately the way to go.

I ran PokerStars through Wine exclusively for about 6 months... It works beautifully. (Well except it doesn't do screen resize or the "mouseover" on people at a table .. but easily bareable for not running Windows)If you are using Ubuntu , do the following (not exact commands .. but pretty close):1. Run the command "sudo aptitude install wine"2. Download the pokerstars installer3. Run the command "wine pokerstars_installer.exe"4. Run pokerstars via wine, ie "wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/PokerStars/PokerStars.exe"n.b. I now run Windows Vista in a VMware VM to run PokerStars, as I now use PokerTracker (which I wasn't able to get to work on Linux)

This WINE you speak of, does it work for Macs?
YBravo: Yes there is a version of Wine for Mac OSX (Only for the newer Intel Based Processor Macs)Take a look at DarWine, however I have never used it, so your results may vary :club: My suggestions:If you are using one of the newer Intel based processors .. take a look at ParallelsIf you have one of the older PowerPC based Mac's take a look at Virtual PC