C-Bets Multiway

I find myself in this predicament a lot I will raise and get 2 to 3 callers and have something like AQs and the flop will come K73 now in early position I will assume check and in late position if check to c-bet now what if you are sandwiched in the middle? I guess my question is how often should we c-bet in multiway pots and is there more things to think about other than player pacific.

I don't play much poker anymore, but I'll give this a shot. How often you c-bet should be influenced by a number of things. In general continuation bets are a good thing (especially at lower stakes since most players automatically fold if the flop did not hit them), however instead of trying to assign a percentage to how often you should be c-betting, you need to understand when a C-bet is a good idea or a bad idea.

Examples of good/bad times to C-bet (this is just a general guide that I try to think about when deciding but, there are always exceptions)

1. Multiple Callers. If you raise preflop and 4 people call to see the flop, a c-bet is rarely ever going to work here. However if it is HU in the pot, I c-bet a large percentage of the time.

2. Your Image. If you have been winning a lot of pots without showing down, playing extremely aggressive, etc, your more aware opponents might be more willing to look you up thus making it less beneficial to c-bet.

3. Type of Opponent This might be the most important. If you are playing against someone who is a complete calling station, c-betting is pretty useless if the flop missed you. On the flip side, if you are playing against extremely tight or passive players then it makes sense to c-bet nearly every flop. The more likely it is that your opponent will fold, the higher your fold equity. The higher your fold equity, the more it makes sense to continue to c-bet. Once you lose that fold equity, you do not want to continue to c-bet.

4. Texture of board/Opponent's range If you feel like the board hit your opponents range pretty hard, then c-betting is not a good idea. If the board is draw heavy, it is also probably not a good idea to c-bet unless you caught part of the board and want to protect against draws/free cards.

5. Position it is always easier to c-bet in position versus c-bet out of position.

Basically in every situation you need to think about the board texture, your position, number of opponents and what their ranges might include, and your opponents likelihood of calling.