• Please log in to reply
263336 replies to this topic

#263181 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,954 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:22 PM

finished season 2 of BILLIONS. really makes a man wish he worked at a fund and could get involved in some dirty insider trading.
Spoiler

#263182 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,221 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

Talked with the head of the trading department at the firm that we kinda contract for. He’s like 24 and totally convinced he’s a genius. It’s kind of baffling at times, hearing the ways he brags. He found a way to mention that he was helping multiple people cheat through college, then added that they all dropped out after he stopped helping them. I couldn’t even come up with a response.

In a way, it is sort of good for my firm, knowing that the other firm is investing so much in a guy that probably isn’t going to work out.
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#263183 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,787 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:16 AM

View PostInternetExplorer, on 22 January 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

Talked with the head of the trading department at the firm that we kinda contract for. Heís like 24 and totally convinced heís a genius. Itís kind of baffling at times, hearing the ways he brags. He found a way to mention that he was helping multiple people cheat through college, then added that they all dropped out after he stopped helping them. I couldnít even come up with a response.

In a way, it is sort of good for my firm, knowing that the other firm is investing so much in a guy that probably isnít going to work out.

That is quite the brag.

Iím building an interest rate change model and I gotta tell ya...itís pretty fín cool and Iím worried it wonít get the recognition it deserves because itís so user friendly that it looks simple when nobody here could put together something so sophisticated.

#263184 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,400 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:48 AM

View PostNapa Lite, on 23 January 2018 - 05:16 AM, said:

I'm building an interest rate change model and I gotta tell ya...it's pretty f'n cool and I'm worried it won't get the recognition it deserves because it's so user friendly that it looks simple when nobody here could put together something so sophisticated.

That is quite the brag.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#263185 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,787 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:47 AM

It ainít bragging if itís the truth.

#263186 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,517 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:25 AM

You know thatís right. My man nap is gunning for a top spot and false humility ainít going to fuel the climb.

#263187 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,400 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:45 PM

View PostCobaltBlue, on 08 January 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

brv, here's a better guide:
https://medium.com/@...de-b3e4a58bb5af

If you want to use my referral links for KuCoin or Binance though, I would appreciate it.

What are your thoughts on Ripple? Do you have any? Best way to get into it?

#263188 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,787 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:57 AM

Donít buy ripple. It sucks. Or so Iíve heard.

Getting tickets to see HAIM (and Lizzo) with some friends in May. Should be a good time.

#263189 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,954 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:27 AM

be careful out there friends. this lady at work, who does the same job as me, she took a call from a big client who has money in custody accounts. he wanted to sell all his shares in a certain stock. somehow she and another guy on our floor messed up the ticker - from what i understand the stock trades on one ticker in the USA and one overseas - and so she authorized the broker to sell 25,000 shares of a position client didn't own. stock went up 63 cents a share before it was realized and so he took a 16,000 loss (i was told). or the firm will because we will pay it back. she was told by management people are fired for things like this. i'm a little hazy on how it all happened, but my guess is the client said sell all shares of company X, i don't have time to give you the ticker i'm on vacation. she looks it up and gives that ticker to the broker. broker then sells that position even though client doesn't hold it because he's done that before.

just goes to show you gotta be more precise in your communication. sucks for her, but i dont think they will fire her.
Spoiler

#263190 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,787 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:50 AM

Yikes.

We (finally) signed the agreement to sell a few branches and it was put on me (at 3:30 pm on a Thursday) to compile a list of all accounts in the affected branches, all accounts that were in those branches but that were moved, and then all other accounts (by Friday AM).

It was a PITA but I got it done and letters went out this week. (Marketing guy couldnít believe I was able to get it done that quick and be able to walk him through tying everything out. Said it would have taken my predecessor at least a week and then not even that concise but thatís not the point)

Got a call from marketing guy yesterday saying an employee had gotten a letter addressed to some other person and we needed to figure out wtf happened. I was panicked, of course, because I was sure i messed something up since I didnít have time to double check as much as Iíd liked but it turns out shit was wrong in the system and it wasnít my fault at all. GIGO, IMO.

#263191 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,400 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:21 AM

Napa is KILLING it at his new job.

#263192 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,787 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:33 AM

Posted Image

#263193 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,787 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:34 AM

Also, Iím running some Super Bowl square boards. $5, $10, and $25 available. Up to 4 square per board. LMK if you want any.

#263194 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,400 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:38 AM

What the h e double hockey sticks is a super bowl square board?

#263195 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,787 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:48 AM

10x10 square. Every row/column numbered from 0-9. One team across the top and the other in the side. At the end of every quarter you match up the last digit of the score for each team and that square wins a % of the pot. So Iíd the score was 21-34 Pats at half youíd find 1 on the eagle side and 4 on the pats side and the intersection wins.

#263196 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 9,549 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:40 PM

so, in other words, you're expecting us to pay off wang's debt to you?
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#263197 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,389 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:28 PM

I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT

#263198 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,954 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:01 PM

got my annual compensation review today. same raise and bonus as last year despite my vast increase in responsibility these past 10 months. very disappointing stuff. but i guess if it doesn't matter how well i do my job i can leave at 4 every day confident my bonus next year will be precisely the same.
Spoiler

#263199 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,759 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

My favorite part about that wang situation, is when wang tried to come back as that other guy
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#263200 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,221 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:01 PM

I have seen bad communication internal to the firm that cost us literally $30k. The guys directly responsible for the trade error were getting paid incentive comp based on those portfolios, and they absorbed none of the financial consequences personally. It was baffling. The idea that someone could be fired in an ambiguous situation like the one you described, contrasted against the above at a much much smaller firm, is completely absurd to me.
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users