Seals With Clubs - Bitcoin Poker

Anyone else playing on Seals With Clubs? Seems like one of the best options for US players with regard to speed of moving money around. If anyone here with 500+ posts wants to try it out, I can ship 100 chips (.1btc). Offer good for first five that want it.

Edit: .01btc

Caveat Emptor.

Certainly. Proper caution should be taken. I will say that one of the nice things about SWC is that you can withdraw your BR from them overnight and then re-deposit it the next day with almost no fees and very speedily.

Oh, and also pretty sweet that the market has gone from $13.5/btc when I bought in to $57/btc as of today.

yeah, my opinions of bit coins as a currency are independent with SWC, think it's exciting currency. I actually think that bitcoin MMORPG that Micon is pimping that is based on gambling has huge potential. If you can suck in on the addictive personality of compulsive MMORPG players, I can imagine that would be a untapped gambling cash cow.

• 1 year later...

Certainly. Proper caution should be taken. I will say that one of the nice things about SWC is that you can withdraw your BR from them overnight and then re-deposit it the next day with almost no fees and very speedily.

Oh, and also pretty sweet that the market has gone from $13.5/btc when I bought in to $57/btc as of today.

I've played sometimes, but their serve is always down, many times I can't played for this reason...

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/nevada-ag-charges-online-poker-operator-who-used-bitcoin

The Nevada Attorney General’s Office and state gaming regulators are pursuing the operator of an unlicensed online poker site in what’s believed to be first prosecution of its kind by the state.

Attorney General Adam Laxalt has scheduled a news conference Tuesday to give details of a case against Bryan Micon and his Bitcoin-fueled Seals with Clubs poker site, which was shut down Feb. 11.

An arrest warrant was issued against Micon in Las Vegas Justice Court on Monday on one count of operating an unlicensed interactive gaming system. The charge carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison and a $50,000 fine.

Speaking from Antigua in a YouTube video in late February, Micon described a raid of his Las Vegas home.

“A bunch of guys with guns broke down my door, put me in handcuffs, serving a warrant from the Nevada gaming commission,” he said.

The 10 agents “stole most of my electronics,” he added.

Court papers filed Monday state that Micon operated Seals with Clubs, which accepted Bitcoin digital currency, between March 1, 2014 and Feb. 9, 2015 “without first procuring and thereafter maintaining in effect the required licenses.”

Micon promptly shut down Seals With Clubs, but then launched a new Bitcoin poker site, SwCPoker.eu.

“All the Bitcoins were safe,” he said in his YouTube statement, encouraging players to pull their currency from the former site. “Math does not bow to guns.”

Micon was not charged with a crime in February, and it was unclear whether he was still in Antigua when the $20,000 arrest warrant was issued Monday.

“After I was led out in handcuffs in my underwear, it was pretty clear that it was proper to leave sooner rather than later,” he said in the video. “And I didn’t really want my 2-year-old daughter, whom I love very much to grow up in a police state where creativity is often met with guns, handcuffs.”

He said the gaming authorities indicated that they were familiar with his “social feeds and my entire output as a journalist.”

He continued: “I don’t think I was doing anything unethical.”

Micon also supported himself with revenue from live and online poker winnings and operation of legal websites dealing with news about gaming and Bitcoin.

Reached through email Monday, Micon directed inquiries to his lawyer.

The point was the site itself was built up on the regulatory insight of Bryan Micon, which is to say, none. Most "bitcoiners" are like this. They are deeply enamored with idealistic theories but have dogshit comprehension of reality. I think the guy is getting straight ****ed, but play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Running an online cryptocurrency poker room from the state where the gaming protectionism racket is unbelievably strong, was dumb.

Yet another thing that some people saw coming but were brushed off by the eLawyers and "law students" who insisted there was nothing to worry about for (reasons), not too dissimilar to the same naive retards who chirped the same Pollyanna horseshit prior to black Friday, when you had all kinds of very credible people pointing out that the sites were vulnerable to the legislation.

He should just stay overseas and that's that. He played a game in a gray area, he lost, the consequence is expatriation but its really not all that bad. The only thing you really miss in exile are the funerals when your family members die. Everything else can be managed elsewhere and since his assets are most assuredly entirely digital, they're portable.

Whatever money he can get out of his US bank account (if its still there) should be gotten, but he won't be able to bank due to FATCA.

As a Jew, he can go to Israel, though.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

That's how you dodge bullets.

Kinda. I mean, events like this are massively disruptive in ones life. They all but guarantee he can never enter the 'mainstream world' again which might not have been much of a consideration for him to begin with, but definitely will be if he can't provide for his family at some point.

He played his hand well (left prior to being charged, negotiated his own return, benefited from voluntarily returning) but its not a spot you ever want to be in.

Kinda. I mean, events like this are massively disruptive in ones life. They all but guarantee he can never enter the 'mainstream world' again which might not have been much of a consideration for him to begin with, but definitely will be if he can't provide for his family at some point.

He played his hand well (left prior to being charged, negotiated his own return, benefited from voluntarily returning) but its not a spot you ever want to be in.

His wife is a lawyer, she can provide for the family if shit hits the fan. Micon waved goodbye to a square life over a decade ago.

He also got a hardcore super lawyer. The people who thought micon was going to get crucified for got one very important thing about Bryan....

Jew%20Jitsu.jpg?1333845091

Kids got more moves than a mongoose. I'm happy for him. Godspeed, Black Emperor.

• Like 1

He won't be much longer, or if he stays that way, he's a lock to do time eventually.

Everyone's a world-changing idealist willing to live by their own thesis until your door gets kicked and you see your name printed across the top of the charge sheet, versus the State of, or the United States of...

Doesn't he have a kid now? And isn't he a winning low to mid stakes player? That's the rest of his life, right there. Either that or aliyah and start over.