#41 showstopper24

showstopper24

SKADOOSH!

• Members
  • 9,470 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Blind Man's Bluff

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:55 PM

View Posttskillz187, on Saturday, December 8th, 2007, 12:52 PM, said:

A sweep is 4 games. Are you proving the NBA Finals were close by saying the Pistons lost to Cle but beat them the first two games of the ECF? A 4-0 series is not competitive.
What I am saying, is the first two games of the Eastern Conference Finals were competitive, even though the Cavs got swept in those games.
W.W.J.B.D-What Would Jack Bauer Do?
_____ That's what she said!

#42 keith crime

keith crime

Ron Mexico's ghostwriter

• Members
  • 7,436 posts
  • Interests:flesh peddling

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:52 PM

cavs leader in assists tonight against the great charlotte bobcats - Daniel Gibson 3

#43 showstopper24

showstopper24

SKADOOSH!

• Members
  • 9,470 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:00 AM

View Postkeith crime, on Saturday, December 8th, 2007, 8:52 PM, said:

cavs leader in assists tonight against the great charlotte bobcats - Daniel Gibson 3
It was great to see Hughes do well though. If he can play like yesterday when Leborn comes back, it's going to be tough for the Cavs to lose. And, how sweet was Shannon's dunk?

#44 Miguel McHarris

Miguel McHarris

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:52 AM

LeBron needs to work on his FT% before he breaks any all time scoring records. 70% is very average, especially considering MJ and Kobe were/are around 83-84%.

View Postgilbertology, on Monday, November 26th, 2007, 5:54 PM, said:

2) Lol, 0% chance. Jason Kidd has a better chance.
Completely agree with this. He could pull of a season where he goes 12-10-13.

#45 showstopper24

showstopper24

SKADOOSH!

• Members
  • 9,470 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:08 PM

View PostMiguel McHarris, on Sunday, December 9th, 2007, 10:52 AM, said:

LeBron needs to work on his FT% before he breaks any all time scoring records. 70% is very average, especially considering MJ and Kobe were/are around 83-84%.Completely agree with this. He could pull of a season where he goes 12-10-13.
Hasn't he been better this season? Before he got hurt, I remember them saying that he was shooting above 80% in his last 45 attempts.

#46 Miguel McHarris

Miguel McHarris

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:19 PM

View Postshowstopper24, on Sunday, December 9th, 2007, 3:08 PM, said:

Hasn't he been better this season? Before he got hurt, I remember them saying that he was shooting above 80% in his last 45 attempts.
I checked ESPN. He's 70% for the year, 73% career. Not sure over the last 45 attempts.

#47 showstopper24

showstopper24

SKADOOSH!

• Members
  • 9,470 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:00 PM

Youngest player to get to 9,000. Are we going to talk about that? Who had the record-Kobe?

#48 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:04 PM

View Postshowstopper24, on Friday, December 21st, 2007, 8:00 PM, said:

Youngest player to get to 9,000. Are we going to talk about that? Who had the record-Kobe?
Not talking about getting blown out by the knicks, or the intentional run in with the coach?And Kobe is about to be youngest to 20k, benefits of skipping college.

#49 keith crime

keith crime

Ron Mexico's ghostwriter

• Members
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:34 PM

Lebron just went nuts in the 4th quarter to overcome a 13 point deficit to the raptors 24 pts in the 4th

#50 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:13 PM

View Postkeith crime, on Sunday, January 6th, 2008, 12:34 PM, said:

Lebron just went nuts in the 4th quarter to overcome a 13 point deficit to the raptors 24 pts in the 4th
Saw it. I liked it a lot.

#51 chgocubs99

chgocubs99

Year and miles?

• Members
  • 9,994 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Drinking heavily

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:54 AM

This guy is a ****ing beast. Am I the only one that realizes what I am seeing here? This guy is better than Jordan, yes you heard me correctly, better than Jordan. He is far and away the best player in the game right now...I don't see anyone as a close second. Is anyone watching some of the stuff this guy does?
QUOTE (dscoot @ Friday, April 10th, 2009, 3:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im still not sold that many of these people that get these big online scores are winners when it comes to the live game, which, by the way, is real poker.

#52 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:51 PM

View Postchgocubs99, on Sunday, March 9th, 2008, 10:54 AM, said:

This guy is a ****ing beast. Am I the only one that realizes what I am seeing here? This guy is better than Jordan, yes you heard me correctly, better than Jordan. He is far and away the best player in the game right now...I don't see anyone as a close second. Is anyone watching some of the stuff this guy does?
Off the Crack.If he was that good, he would have managed at least a single win in the finals, he didn't.

#53 keith crime

keith crime

Ron Mexico's ghostwriter

• Members
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:20 PM

View PostJadaki, on Sunday, March 9th, 2008, 12:51 PM, said:

Off the Crack.If he was that good, he would have managed at least a single win in the finals, he didn't.
that's such a week argument Shaq in his prime got swept at least twice in the finalsi think shaq and kobe together only one one game against detroit that one yeardid you see that pathetic attempt anderson V made at that game winner in that one gamehe had without a doubt the worst 2-11 in the history of the nba finals - Jordans second best teammate in any of his championship years was leagues better than the cavs 2nd best playerif you switched lebron with tracey mcgrady and let him run he'd be averaging 35 and 10 easilythe guy is averaging 30 - 8- 8 with a sucky team and a coach who won't let him run the floor

#54 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,673 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:41 PM

View PostJadaki, on Sunday, March 9th, 2008, 12:51 PM, said:

two flaws...First of all, being swept means he's bad. Jordan got swept in 2 of his first 3 playoff series, both against boston. Being swept only means your team doesn't match up well at all against the other team, not that your best player is of inferior talent.second flaw. He got swept.. IN THE FINALS!?!?!?! I seriously think that was the worst team that has been in the NBA finals in my life time. The fact that they even made it to the finals is an absolute miracle. Jordan didn't win a playoff series till his 4th season, and didn't make it to the finals until his 7th. Lebron is way ahead of that curve I'm not prepared to say Lebron is better than Jordan.. for one thing they are very different players. But Lebron is a freak. End of story. We'll see if he shows the mental toughness, the commitment to getting better year after year after year that jordan had. But I don't know how anyone, after watching that miraculous detroit-cavs series, can doubt lebron at this point.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#55 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:23 PM

Lebrons on the ball defense and jumer prohibit him from being better than Jordan, yet.Or better than Kobe, yet.I will say that there has never been a player that took the ball to the rim with the power and grace of Lebron. NEVER. And its not even close. (That I've ever seen, obviously. Although its hard to imagine anyone else coming close.)
Spoiler

#56 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:24 PM

View Postkeith crime, on Sunday, March 9th, 2008, 6:20 PM, said:

that's such a week argument Shaq in his prime got swept at least twice in the finals
terrible anology he was on a weak orlando team at the beginning of his career

#57 keith crime

keith crime

Ron Mexico's ghostwriter

• Members
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:32 PM

View PostEl Guapo, on Sunday, March 9th, 2008, 6:24 PM, said:

terrible anology he was on a weak orlando team at the beginning of his career
do you know what an analogy is? it's a perfect analogy - star with a weak supporting cast getting sweptare you seriously telling me that this supporting cast is worse than lebron's - this is penny when he was healthy - nick anderson before he lost his game - Horace Grant!!! Dennis Scott - Brian Shaw!!Shaquille O'Neal | Anfernee Hardaway | Nick Anderson | Horace Grant | Dennis Scott | Donald Royal | Brian Shaw | Anthony Bowie | Jeff Turner | Geert Hammink | Anthony Avent | Darrell Armstrong | Brooks Thompson | Tree Rollins | Keith Tower |

#58 keith crime

keith crime

Ron Mexico's ghostwriter

• Members
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:36 PM

View Postkeith crime, on Sunday, March 9th, 2008, 6:32 PM, said:

do you know what an analogy is? it's a perfect analogy - star with a weak supporting cast getting sweptare you seriously telling me that this supporting cast is worse than lebron's - this is penny when he was healthy - nick anderson before he lost his game - Horace Grant!!! Dennis Scott - Brian Shaw!!Shaquille O'Neal | Anfernee Hardaway | Nick Anderson | Horace Grant | Dennis Scott | Donald Royal | Brian Shaw | Anthony Bowie | Jeff Turner | Geert Hammink | Anthony Avent | Darrell Armstrong | Brooks Thompson | Tree Rollins | Keith Tower |
this laker team got swept by the spurs in the conference finals1 Shaquille O'Neal 2 Elden Campbell 3 Glen Rice4 Robert Horry 5 Travis Knight 6 Eddie Jones7 Corie Blount 8 Rick Fox 9 Sean Rooks 10 Kobe Bryant 11 Derek Harper 12 Dennis Rodman 13 Derek Fisher I guess Shaq sucked in his prime

#59 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:59 PM

View Postkeith crime, on Sunday, March 9th, 2008, 7:20 PM, said:

that's such a week argument Shaq in his prime got swept at least twice in the finals
Allen Iverson took a worse 76ers team to the finals and single handedly beat a better Lakers team in LA than the Spurs team LeBron faced. Shaq wasn't being called the best player ever when he had just taken Orlando to the finals. He was clearly over matched by the experience of Hakeem.

#60 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:02 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Sunday, March 9th, 2008, 7:41 PM, said:

two flaws...First of all, being swept means he's bad. Jordan got swept in 2 of his first 3 playoff series, both against boston. Being swept only means your team doesn't match up well at all against the other team, not that your best player is of inferior talent.
When has Jordan EVER lost in the Finals? We're not talking playoff series, were talking Finals... If your good enough to get there, be good enough to not get owned in every single game before being called the best player in the league. If there was ever a sport where one player can singlehandedly turn the tide of a game it's basketball, especially sine LeBron has the ball in his hands every single play.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users