So, I've been milling around all day down here.Things got dicey around 4 on Michigan/Cermak, still a bit testy. A bunch of state police coming in with turtle suits and riot batons. Big-big storm on its way in and since I'm just a curious observer and not a 'protester', I'm now watching the buzz from the safety of a friends house.A few thoughts on protesters, protests and fomenting social disorder.1) The history of revolution shows that the breakpoint for change doesn't come until discontent reaches the middle. When the caliber of personage represented by the "protesters" doesn't reach above societal rabble- pissbums, college students, hobos, slobs and sloganeering retards- nobody gives a shit about your 'cause' nor is there anything these people can say that will cause them to give a shit, no matter how salient their point. It's all a giant self-congratulatory tantrum, getting into 'the action'. Most of them are just there for the party and the hollering (save for the local blacks, who are there to grope white women, pick pockets and snatch Apple electronics from dumb white yuppies stupid enough to be openly using them).When the face of your movement is the dregs of society, your movement is pointless."Why are you afraid of NATO?""Well, it oppresses people""How does it oppress people?""It works for the multi-national corporations... It... Nato's.. It's just an arm of the MULTI-NATIONAL CORPORATIONS!"2) It is scary how ineffectual 'we, the people' are, though, relative to our systems, governments and their agents. We in the west really are in a police state. The only people more pathetic than the protesters are the ones who are totally ignoring them.3) The media is incredibly inept at every single thing they do. I don't know if it's just the sort of people who are drawn to media aren't going to be particularly intelligent or if its just that they only hire tards to be on screen, but I've never seen more Ted Baxterism on display than I've seen in local Chicago Media, when they attempt to editorialize on the situation.In conclusion, the hierarchical structure of the Chicago protests is as follows.Most Retarded: Those who totally ignore the ProtestersNext Most Retarded: The ProtestersNext Most Retarded: The MediaNext Most Retarded: The PoliceNext Most Retarded: That couple who planned their wedding for downtown Chicago but apparently, didn't bother to research that it coincided with a gigantic, potentially violent protest

photo_1337557274028-3-0.jpgI still love this picture.Is it any wonder that that kid in the green shirt isn't bringing about social change?
photo_1337557274028-3-0.jpgI still love this picture.Is it any wonder that that kid in the green shirt isn't bringing about social change?
The only social change most guys want to make at these protests is with the girls they meet there.Mr green shirt looks like can use all the help he can get in that department.
So, I've been milling around all day down here.Things got dicey around 4 on Michigan/Cermak, still a bit testy. A bunch of state police coming in with turtle suits and riot batons. Big-big storm on its way in and since I'm just a curious observer and not a 'protester', I'm now watching the buzz from the safety of a friends house.A few thoughts on protesters, protests and fomenting social disorder.1) The history of revolution shows that the breakpoint for change doesn't come until discontent reaches the middle. When the caliber of personage represented by the "protesters" doesn't reach above societal rabble- pissbums, college students, hobos, slobs and sloganeering retards- nobody gives a shit about your 'cause' nor is there anything these people can say that will cause them to give a shit, no matter how salient their point. It's all a giant self-congratulatory tantrum, getting into 'the action'. Most of them are just there for the party and the hollering (save for the local blacks, who are there to grope white women, pick pockets and snatch Apple electronics from dumb white yuppies stupid enough to be openly using them).When the face of your movement is the dregs of society, your movement is pointless."Why are you afraid of NATO?""Well, it oppresses people""How does it oppress people?""It works for the multi-national corporations... It... Nato's.. It's just an arm of the MULTI-NATIONAL CORPORATIONS!"2) It is scary how ineffectual 'we, the people' are, though, relative to our systems, governments and their agents. We in the west really are in a police state. The only people more pathetic than the protesters are the ones who are totally ignoring them.3) The media is incredibly inept at every single thing they do. I don't know if it's just the sort of people who are drawn to media aren't going to be particularly intelligent or if its just that they only hire tards to be on screen, but I've never seen more Ted Baxterism on display than I've seen in local Chicago Media, when they attempt to editorialize on the situation.In conclusion, the hierarchical structure of the Chicago protests is as follows.Most Retarded: Those who totally ignore the ProtestersNext Most Retarded: The ProtestersNext Most Retarded: The MediaNext Most Retarded: The PoliceNext Most Retarded: That couple who planned their wedding for downtown Chicago but apparently, didn't bother to research that it coincided with a gigantic, potentially violent protest
Were you really in jail? Or are you a professor of socio;ogy at depaul, who was fired for flunking minorities at an above average rate?
Were you really in jail? Or are you a professor of socio;ogy at depaul, who was fired for flunking minorities at an above average rate?
I was never in jail, I am indeed that professor.That sentence may be true, partially true/false or false.
I was never in jail, I am indeed that professor.That sentence may be true, partially true/false or false.
WHEWWW,my faith in humanity has been restored. Its refreshing to see someone unabashedly state his position unfiltered by norms of academia.
Probably both.