list of unrestricted free agents

As far as I know, this is an up to date list. This is mostly taken from sportsnet.ca . Anyone have any comments/predictions/hopes for where each player may wind up?The team listed to the right of the players name is the last team they played for.ForwardsPeter Forsberg, ColoradoMarkus Naslund, VancouverMike Modano, DallasAlexei Kovalev, Montreal Pavol Demitra, St. LouisZiggy Palffy, Los AngelesAlexei Zhamnov, Philadelphia Paul Kariya, Colorado Teemu Selanne, ColoradoJozef Stumpel, Los AngelesJason Allison, Los Angeles Glen Murray, Boston Martin Straka, Los Angeles Martin Lapointe, Boston Eric Lindros, N.Y. Rangers Mark Messier, N.Y. Rangers Ray Whitney, DetroitJohn LeClair, Philadelphia Tony Amonte, PhiladelphiaCory Stillman, TampaGary Roberts, TorontoJoe Nieuwendyk, Toronto Alexander Mogilny, Toronto Peter Bondra, Ottawa Valeri Bure, Dallas Anson Carter, Los AngelesAlexandre Daigle, MinnesotaRon Francis, Toronto Darren McCarty, DetroitMartin Gelinas, CalgaryMartin Rucinsky, VancouverYanic Perreault, MontrealAndrew Brunette, MinnesotaTie Domi, Toronto Dave Andreychuck, TampaBrad May, VancouverAndrei Nikolishin, ColoradoScott Young, DallasSteve Thomas, Detroit Shaun Van Allen, OttawaBobby Holik, New York Rangers*Miroslav Satan, Buffalo (He is a restricted free agent, but it is widely speculated that he won't be qualified).Added:Bryan Berard and Stephane Robidas, ChicagoDefenseScott Niedermayer, New Jersey Adam Foote, Colorado Sergei Gonchar, Boston Brian Leetch, Toronto Sergei Zubov, Dallas Signed with DallasDerian Hatcher, DetroitBrian Rafalski, New JerseyMathieu Schneider, DetroitMike Rathje, San JoseRoman Hamrlik, N.Y. Islanders Adrian Aucoin, N.Y. Islanders Alexei Zhitnik, Buffalo Scott Stevens, New JerseySandis Ozolinsh, Anaheim Signed with Anaheim Patrice Brisebois, MontrealGlen Wesley, CarolinaJaroslav Spacek, ColumbusDan McGillis, PhiladelphiaMarcus Ragnarsson, PhiladelphiaMathieu Dandenault, DetroitTeppo Numminen, DallasMurray Baron, St. LouisVladimir Malakhov, PhiladelphiaBryan Marchment, TorontoJames Patrick, BuffaloStephane Quintal, Los AngelesJiri Slegr, BostonIgor Ulanov, EdmontonGoalieNikolai Khabibulin, Tampa BayCurtis Joseph, DetroitSean Burke, PhiladelphiaRoman Cechmanek, Los AngelesArturs Irbe, ColumbusMike Dunham, N.Y. Rangers Byron Dafoe, Atlanta Chris Osgood, St. Louis Steve Shields, Florida Garth Snow, N.Y. Islanders Signed with IslandersRon Tugnutt, Dallas

95% of all the big names up there will be signed by the teams they played for last year
I really don't think so. I will say 50-60%, but there are a lot of star players who were on teams with no cap space.Kariya, Selanne, Forsberg etc.

Alexei Zhitnik is already gone, he turned down an offer last summer and has been removed from the teams website. You can add Eric Boulton to the list from Buffalo, he wasn't tendered a qualifying offer and won't be back for the Sabres.

• 6 years later...
As far as I know, this is an up to date list. This is mostly taken from sportsnet.ca . Anyone have any comments/predictions/hopes for where each player may wind up?The team listed to the right of the players name is the last team they played for.ForwardsPeter Forsberg, ColoradoMarkus Naslund, VancouverMike Modano, DallasAlexei Kovalev, Montreal Pavol Demitra, St. LouisZiggy Palffy, Los AngelesAlexei Zhamnov, Philadelphia Paul Kariya, Colorado Teemu Selanne, ColoradoJozef Stumpel, Los AngelesJason Allison, Los Angeles Glen Murray, Boston Martin Straka, Los Angeles Martin Lapointe, Boston Eric Lindros, N.Y. Rangers Mark Messier, N.Y. Rangers Ray Whitney, DetroitJohn LeClair, Philadelphia Tony Amonte, PhiladelphiaCory Stillman, TampaGary Roberts, TorontoJoe Nieuwendyk, Toronto Alexander Mogilny, Toronto Peter Bondra, Ottawa Valeri Bure, Dallas Anson Carter, Los AngelesAlexandre Daigle, MinnesotaRon Francis, Toronto Darren McCarty, DetroitMartin Gelinas, CalgaryMartin Rucinsky, VancouverYanic Perreault, MontrealAndrew Brunette, MinnesotaTie Domi, Toronto Dave Andreychuck, TampaBrad May, VancouverAndrei Nikolishin, ColoradoScott Young, DallasSteve Thomas, Detroit Shaun Van Allen, OttawaBobby Holik, New York Rangers*Miroslav Satan, Buffalo (He is a restricted free agent, but it is widely speculated that he won't be qualified).Added:Bryan Berard and Stephane Robidas, ChicagoDefenseScott Niedermayer, New Jersey Adam Foote, Colorado Sergei Gonchar, Boston Brian Leetch, Toronto Sergei Zubov, Dallas Signed with DallasDerian Hatcher, DetroitBrian Rafalski, New JerseyMathieu Schneider, DetroitMike Rathje, San JoseRoman Hamrlik, N.Y. Islanders Adrian Aucoin, N.Y. Islanders Alexei Zhitnik, Buffalo Scott Stevens, New JerseySandis Ozolinsh, Anaheim Signed with Anaheim Patrice Brisebois, MontrealGlen Wesley, CarolinaJaroslav Spacek, ColumbusDan McGillis, PhiladelphiaMarcus Ragnarsson, PhiladelphiaMathieu Dandenault, DetroitTeppo Numminen, DallasMurray Baron, St. LouisVladimir Malakhov, PhiladelphiaBryan Marchment, TorontoJames Patrick, BuffaloStephane Quintal, Los AngelesJiri Slegr, BostonIgor Ulanov, EdmontonGoalieNikolai Khabibulin, Tampa BayCurtis Joseph, DetroitSean Burke, PhiladelphiaRoman Cechmanek, Los AngelesArturs Irbe, ColumbusMike Dunham, N.Y. Rangers Byron Dafoe, Atlanta Chris Osgood, St. Louis Steve Shields, Florida Garth Snow, N.Y. Islanders Signed with IslandersRon Tugnutt, Dallas
Im trying to locate the first post in the hockey forum..this is the oldest one i have found..Im sure you guys are better at it.
NHL released their full schedule today. Here's one of many places you can find it:http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/schedule.htmlLots of good rivalries on opening night. Except in my neighbourhood, where the Vancouver Canucks are lacing up the skates for their ultimate rivals... the Phoenix Coyotes? Heh. Well, I guess you can't please all the teams.
I found this one..Few days before.Im still searching.
One of the things I just love to do in my spare time is study hockey, especially coming in to the "AHL Entry Draft." The AHL stands for Alternative Hockey League and I've been involved in this fantasy league for years, winning it all twice. Well this year I have the #2 overall pick in our entry draft and it's very important that I draft well. Our pool rewards goal scoring first and foremost, so I'm not preoccupied with how well they play defensively. I want an offensive machine. Benoit Pouliot seems like he might be the right guy, but I have to do more research. There are more draft picks to be done though, and I need to find the 60 most offensively skilled players that haven't already been drafted by an AHL team. If you know of a 14 year old, that qualifies! We can draft whoever we want (for full set of rules check out www.alternativehockeyleague.com ) So to the point, since I'm going to be soooo busy with things this year I might need some help finding talent. If any of you out there are very up to date on the junior hockey scene today... please share! I need a list of 60 players, in order. Forwards take presidence over defenceman.
Getting better..This would make sense as its from Daniel.