could i have won more here?

I'm going through some PT hands, and this is the one where I had the most profit...am I just greedy or could I have won even more? I feared a set here especially...but on the river I bet anyway :club: Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is BB with [Kc], [Jh]. 1 fold, Hero checks.Flop: (4.50 SB) [8c], [Kh], [Jd] (4 players)Hero bets, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.Turn: (10.25 BB) [6c] (4 players)Hero bets, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.River: (18.25 BB) [2s] (4 players)Hero bets, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.Final Pot: 26.25 BBUTG+1 is rated as a Gambler, CO doesn't have enough hands for an autorate, Button also not enough hands for an autorate...so not muchIt was early in a session also

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What were you afraid of here? The only thing that really worries me is 66 from the button. I might 3-bet the turn to see where I am and clear out a straight drawer or two.

I honestly don't see a good reason to 3-bet the turn. He's probably got K6s or something, but theres no reason to go crazy with 2 pair. You played it correctly with the button waking up on the turn like that. It looks like he may have been slow playing a set on the flop bc he lets you and UTG+1 battle on the flop, and when he sees that UTG+1 isnt raising the turn, he makes sure that his money gets in. I wouldnt be surprised to see him turn over 88.

Yes you could have won more money.Button cold calls two on the flop and then calls the cap. He is probably playing a weaker two pair and the 6 was his kicker. K6, J6, 86.I definately would have 3 bet the turn and 3 bet the river. Although the line I would have taken was check-raising the turn, and betting out the river.

Why didn't you raise pre-flop?
Maybe bc he was out of position and how much equity can there really be with pushing KJo from the BB. Limping here adds a little deception to the play, bc he can represent low cards post flop.
Anyway, the postflop action, do you really want to be three-betting top two on this turn with no reads?Lots of people limp with JJ.
And even more people limp 88.The OPs line maximized his winnings while minimizing his losses (against most players).Villain in this hand likely slows down to a turn three bet when behind but caps with a set.nh

Button has K6 of diamonds (moron)UTG+1 has K9 of spades (donk)UTG has....brace yourselves...[ Qd, 6h ] a pair of sixes.

Button has K6 of diamonds (moron)UTG+1 has K9 of spades (donk)UTG has....brace yourselves...[ Qd, 6h ] a pair of sixes.
Just noticed it was Party .5/1.Those hands are impressive calling to showdown hands by Party .5/1 standards.
Maybe bc he was out of position and how much equity can there really be with pushing KJo from the BBA ton.
Could you elaborate at all, You could be really far behind against KQ/ AJ etc. . Considering ppl have no clue how to play, these are legitimate possibilities and a raise would do little more than give money away. Unless you do it to try to represent a stronger hand than you actually have, such as a higher PP in case all low cards hit, but I'm not sure that works considering hom many ppl will stay in with mid-PP's.

Considering ppl have no clue how to play, these are legitimate possibilities and a raise would do little more than give money away. Unless you do it to try to represent a stronger hand than you actually have, such as a higher PP in case all low cards hit, but I'm not sure that works considering hom many ppl will stay in with mid-PP's.The fact that people will go too far with mid to low PPs unimproved is exactly why you have enough equity to raise.Do you see why?This is a case of embracing a higher variance situation where you have an edge to maximise gains against weaker players. There will be times where someone limps in front of you with AJ or whatever, but there are many more times they limp in front of you with K7.I wouldn't tell beginning players to raise here, but someone who plays postflop well will make more money longterm with a raise here. No one's limp-reraising in this game, let's be realistic, so you're not going to get punished pre-flop if you're behind. You play well enough to get away from a bad flop and you're out of position, but in ideal shape to checkraise TP against an almost allways weaker kicker when you flop well. Getting 3 to 1 on your raise preflop and possibly on a flop C/R is value that shouldn't be ignored if you have the bankroll embrace the increased variance. Check/folding a bad flop is no big deal and doesn't make the raise incorrect. Is it marginal? Sure. Is it +EV in the typical .50/1 game? Absolutely.

Considering ppl have no clue how to play, these are legitimate possibilities and a raise would do little more than give money away. Unless you do it to try to represent a stronger hand than you actually have, such as a higher PP in case all low cards hit, but I'm not sure that works considering hom many ppl will stay in with mid-PP's.The fact that people will go too far with mid to low PPs unimproved is exactly why you have enough equity to raise.Do you see why?This is a case of embracing a higher variance situation where you have an edge to maximise gains against weaker players.  There will be times where someone limps in front of you with AJ or whatever, but there are many more times they limp in front of you with K7.I wouldn't tell beginning players to raise here, but someone who plays postflop well will make more money longterm with a raise here.  No one's limp-reraising in this game, let's be realistic, so you're not going to get punished pre-flop if you're behind.  You play well enough to get away from a bad flop and you're out of position, but in ideal shape to checkraise TP against an almost allways weaker kicker when you flop well.  Getting 3 to 1 on your raise preflop and possibly on a flop C/R is value that shouldn't be ignored if you have the bankroll embrace the increased variance.  Check/folding a bad flop is no big deal and doesn't make the raise incorrect.  Is it marginal?  Sure.  Is it +EV in the typical .50/1 game?  Absolutely.
there are good points here.But, at that limit do you think you lose equity raising KJo in the BB?I think it is a leak even in the 3/6 games. you certainly dont have "a ton" of equity raising KJo in the BB even at Party 3/6.
Anyway, the postflop action, do you really want to be three-betting top two on this turn with no reads?Lots of people limp with JJ.
And even more people limp 88.The OPs line maximized his winnings while minimizing his losses (against most players).Villain in this hand likely slows down to a turn three bet when behind but caps with a set.nh
lol. you cant be serious3bet this turn if you like money.unless i have a read on the button that says he is the most tight/passive/passive player of all time, i am raising this up. seeing someone limp with JJ is NOT common whatsoever.

But, at that limit do you think you lose equity raising KJo in the BB?I think it is a leak even in the 3/6 games. you certainly dont have "a ton" of equity raising KJo in the BB even at Party 3/6.You have more equity in a the worse game, fool.Do you see why?By the way, raising in the BB never changes your equity at all unless someone folds, buffoon.Maybe learn the terms before you butcher them?Just a thought.Lose equity.Funny.Oh, by the way, something isn't a "leak" when you gain EV. Raising KJ in the BB gains EV against bad players. It's not close. Good players will recognize this immediately. It does increase variance, however.

But, at that limit do you think you lose equity raising KJo in the BB?I think it is a leak even in the 3/6 games. you certainly dont have "a ton" of equity raising KJo in the BB even at Party 3/6.You have more equity in a the worse game, fool.Do you see why?By the way, raising in the BB never changes your equity at all unless someone folds, buffoon.Maybe learn the terms before you butcher them?Just a thought.Lose equity.Funny.
you missed my point entirely, what else is new?those kinds of things happen when you have problems listening to anyone but yourself.raising with KJo probably isn't that great in .50/1. its even worse in 3/6. saying position doesn't matter makes you the buffoon.saying the button has JJ here just makes you the idiot.easy easy easy turn 3bet.but, as long as you hev a couple idiots here to convince, im sure youll keep spoting your nonsense.i dont plan on replying to one of your flames again.you are absolutely wrong in this hand.

raising with KJo probably isn't that great in .50/1. its even worse in 3/6.saying position doesn't matter makes you the buffoon.saying the button has JJ here just makes you the idiot.Can you quote where I said either one?Maybe I do win the bet about you being able to read after all.Thanks, you just saved me paying off, early!Every 3/6 player in the world raises KJ i the BB when it's limped to them.Go post it on 2+2 and see how that goes. This one's so simple it's mindboggling you'd play it that weakly.Oh, hey, can you tell me more about my equity decreases when I raise?I need another good laugh at your coplete lack of any credibility.

by the way its fairly obvious he had K6.Yeah it was obvious when Vade told us what he had.Thanks for the recap on your perplexing ability to read.  I guess lose my bet.
its fairly obvious anyway.or cant you see that?ill walk you through this like its a childrens storybutton limps (lets assume he probably has a marginal hand, which im sure you will argue because people "limp with JJ all the time")so our button limps with a marginal hand and calls two cold on the flop. smells like top pair or a strong draw.rag card falls on the turn and button wakes up. looks like rag card gave button two pair.if you need anymore help with basic hand reading skills, let me know.this one wasn't too hard on you i hope.saying button more likely has JJ makes me laugh.hard.but maybe im just obsessed with you and must argue no matter what, just so i can enter this dialogue.or maybe not.probably not.not.