Strat Tournament - Week 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Password is fcpfcp.
Tried to register for it just now--yeah, that's dorky, but I'm excited--and it said "wrong password" (I tried it twice). :club:

Anyone that wants to trade me some stars $ for UB $ would be appreciated. $5.50 would be fine, because I plan on winning this event, But to make it safe if someone wants to trade me $22 that would be ideal.

im in...are we always showing cards or whats the deal here? honour system? lol...EDIT: low numbers are probaly because there are 4 users viewing this forum (forum, not topic - forum) and 118 viewing gen poker...boo whoo

WOOOOOOOOOOO. big turnout so far. I'm in and so are 2 others.
Would be kind of funny if the three of us played for $7.50/4.50/3.00, lol (or, in essence, third place giving two bucks to the winner, and second place giving fifty cents to the winner). But not that funny: I hope we get an influx of late arrivals.
im in...are we always showing cards or whats the deal here? honour system? lol...EDIT: low numbers are probaly because there are 4 users viewing this forum (forum, not topic - forum) and 118 viewing gen poker...boo whoo
Interesting question. I actually like to show a lot of hands, but I've been criticised for that here.So what goes on in gen poker? I've never read it, though I've seen threads moved from there. Too bad this road isn't more well travelled...

GG all. Fan kicked my ass twice.Here's the only hand of interest that I played.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button (t1500)SB (t1500)BB (t1500)UTG (t1500)MP1 (t1500)MP2 (t1500)Hero (t1500)Preflop: Hero is CO with Aspade.gif, 5spade.gif. 3 folds, Hero raises to t60, Button calls t60, 2 folds.Flop: (t150) Tspade.gif, Kspade.gif, Jspade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: (t150) 6spade.gif(2 players)Hero bets t78, Button raises to t220, Hero calls t142.River: (t590) Qclub.gif(2 players)Final Pot: t590On the river I bet 225 and he folded.

Two hands of some dispute from just a moment ago at the tourney, both against tskilz. I folded both of them but wondered if that was weak-tight (I don't think that's "giving results" since the hand didn't play out).***HAND 1****PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button (t755)Hero (t2235)BB (t1210)UTG (t1350)UTG+1 (t3525)MP1 (t975)MP2 (t670)CO (t2780)Preflop: Hero is SB with 5heart.gif, Theart.gif. 6 folds, Hero completes, BB checks.Flop: (t100) Qspade.gif, Tdiamond.gif, Qdiamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets t100, BB calls t100.Turn: (t300) 2club.gif(2 players)Hero bets t200, BB raises to t1060, Hero folds.***HAND 2***PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button (t2080)Hero (t1985)BB (t1560)UTG (t1150)UTG+1 (t3375)MP1 (t550)MP2 (t520)CO (t2280)Preflop: Hero is SB with 6heart.gif, Kheart.gif. 6 folds, Hero completes, BB raises to t150, Hero calls t100.Flop: (t300) Aspade.gif, Aclub.gif, 7spade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, BB checks.Turn: (t300) 9club.gif(2 players)Hero bets t100, BB calls t100.River: (t500) KHero checks, BB bets t375, Hero folds.

Here's one more hand from the tourney where I had a tough time deciding what to do (though in my mind it was either push or fold). Still not sure if I did the right thing--would be interested in your thoughts:PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero (t2560)Button (t6210)SB (t4730)Preflop: Hero is BB with 6heart.gif, Aheart.gif. Button raises to t450, 1 fold, Hero...?

GG all. Fan kicked my ass twice.Here's the only hand of interest that I played.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button (t1500)SB (t1500)BB (t1500)UTG (t1500)MP1 (t1500)MP2 (t1500)Hero (t1500)Preflop: Hero is CO with Aspade.gif, 5spade.gif. 3 folds, Hero raises to t60, Button calls t60, 2 folds.Flop: (t150) Tspade.gif, Kspade.gif, Jspade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: (t150) 6spade.gif(2 players)Hero bets t78, Button raises to t220, Hero calls t142.River: (t590) Qclub.gif(2 players)Final Pot: t590On the river I bet 225 and he folded.
I remember posting about a couple cases like this that happened within one day (flopping the nut flush). Like you, I checked the flop to slow play; a lot of people criticised this and said I should have tried to build the pot. It's a tough position! Sure, "cry me a river", but in the end, getting the biggest payoff on your monsters is every bit as important as how you play the marginal hands.
Here's one more hand from the tourney where I had a tough time deciding what to do (though in my mind it was either push or fold). Still not sure if I did the right thing--would be interested in your thoughts:PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero (t2560)Button (t6210)SB (t4730)Preflop: Hero is BB with 6heart.gif, Aheart.gif. Button raises to t450, 1 fold, Hero...?
This completely depends on the texture of the game and how the raiser is playing. I'd shove liberally over a lot of players and fold to others. When your shove gets called you are usually dead to 3 outs one way or the other, which is why you have to be right a lot of the time. But I like keeping the pressure on the villain so if my table image isn't shot (big if) then I'll shove, if not there is no shame in folding and moving on. I think just calling and playing a flop OOP is very tough unless you are an extremely strong post flop player.