The disappointment of finishing 4th

Well, tonight I had the opportunity to play in a Canadian Poker Tour event. Buy-in was $100+10 with rebuys and addons at $25 a piece, 110 entrants overall (I was 110th registered). The tournament starts off horribly with me not winning a hand for the first hour and a half. Fortunately I only had to rebuy once and of course I added on. I doubled up right away after the rebuy period hitting a K with AK versus 99. As the tournament progressed I felt very confident about my play as me and another guy at my table were taking about 95% of the hands. When there were 28 people left I won a huge hand with QQ versus 88 and ended up chip leader. I coasted to the final table but I was around 6th place when the final 10 were seated. By about the final two tables it was a complete crapshoot, someone was all in every hand. I never had any real chances to make a move at the final table as everyone was raising and I ran into an incredible cold streak of cards. However, everyone was playing so aggressive as they knocked each other out and I slowly progressed up the money ladder. I suggested a four way chop with $26,000 when all the other 3 had over $100,000. The most frustrating part of the whole tourney was that I knew that I was the best player at that final table but I couldn't do anything about it because of blinds being such a large portion of the stacks. The worst part is that the worst player in the entire tourney got first. Also, the prize money significantly jumped from 4th to 3rd. Oh well, cashing is not so bad, especially since I might appear on the Tour money board. 8)