usc overrated?!?!?!? alabama #1!?!?!?!?

USC winning by 7....against Arizona....AT HOME......boy, the "unstoppable" machine carries on....please, starting to look more and more like they are overrated....Alabama=National Champions. You heard it here first.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate Alabama.
Alabama hates you too.Man, if USC played in the SEC and came out flat like they have the past three weeks, they would have AT LEAST one loss, maybe even two, depending on who they have played. I think Notre Dame is gonna beat USC, I am saying it right now.Oh, and I think Alabama's D could contain USC better than anyone else in the country.
I hate Alabama.
Alabama hates you too.Man, if USC played in the SEC and came out flat like they have the past three weeks, they would have AT LEAST one loss, maybe even two, depending on who they have played. I think Notre Dame is gonna beat USC, I am saying it right now.Oh, and I think Alabama's D could contain USC better than anyone else in the country.
No one in this thread is talking about USC. But you can pretend like I didn't say Texas all you want, because they are going to stomp whomever they play for the national title.And jesus christ, can we please stop glorifing the SEC for once? The SEC is having a down year, deal with it. They'd have to be, if Bama has a shot of winning it.

you're out of your ****ing mind. usc just comes out and toys with teams for a half, then gets the job done. they will continue to do this. and they would do this in the SEC. the ACC. the big 12. the NFL(ok maybe not).725 total yards today.outscoring opponents 168-42 in the second half.3 solid heisman candidates.i could put about 10-15 more items here.

you're out of your censored mind. usc just comes out and toys with teams for a half, then gets the job done. they will continue to do this. and they would do this in the SEC. the ACC. the big 12. the NFL(ok maybe not).725 total yards today.outscoring opponents 168-42 in the second half.3 solid heisman candidates.i could put about 10-15 more items here.
how about their fanbase isn't inbred,xenophobic assholes I know this really doesn't have anything to do with SC's chances, but true none the less.
I hate Alabama.
No one in this thread is talking about USC. But you can pretend like I didn't say Texas all you want, because they are going to stomp whomever they play for the national title.And jesus christ, can we please stop glorifing the SEC for once? The SEC is having a down year, deal with it. They'd have to be, if Bama has a shot of winning it.
Yeah, you're right, nobody in this thread is talking about USC....EXCEPT FOR ME, THE ORIGINAL POSTER!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS YOU GUYS WHO ARE RESPONDING TO MY THREAD, SO I CAN TALK ABOUT WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT!!!!Also, the SEC is having a down year!?!?!? They are the strongest conference in football this year!! Let us look at the rankingsGeorgia #4Tennessee #7Alabama #10LSU #11Florida #15Auburn #21 The SEC has more teams in the top 25 than any other conference, so I don't see how this is a "down" year.....Need I remind you that it was LSU (THE FOURTH BEST TEAM IN THE SEC, MAYBE) THAT WENT INTO ARIZONA ST. AND BEAT THEM, AND THAT USC STRUGGLED TO DO THE SAME THING.......) What conference do you feel is stronger than the SEC this year...the ACC?? Besides Virginia Tech, Florida St., and Miami, who else is strong. Nobody. (Don't say Boston College---extremely weak schedule)the Big Ten?? Yeah, Penn St. is in first place right now....Michigan is weak, Wisconsin just got beat by Northwestern, Ohio St. got beat by Texas IN OHIO...WEAK!!!the Big 12??? Texas is the only strong team. Texas Tech??? Nebraska?? Colorado?? Please. Big down year for the big 12.the Pac 10??? USC is strong, Cal and UCLA are decent, Arizona St. is decent (maybe), but what else, Oregon?? Oregon St....please. As usual, the Pac-10 is severly overrated. USC is the only strong team.the Big East???? no comment necessary. Same goes for every other I-A Conference. leaves us with the SEC....Georgia and Alabama are both undefeated and have VERY good wins to their name, as well as very very good defenses. LSU is very good (see their win AT supposed "powerhouse" (a media creation) ASU, Florida, Tennessee, and Auburn are all fairly strong.Seems obvious that the SEC is the best conference this year, Texas doesn't have anything wrapped up yet in terms of National Title contention yet, their weak conference could hurt them. Checkmate.
I hate Alabama.
Yeah, you're right, nobody in this thread is talking about USC....EXCEPT FOR ME, THE ORIGINAL POSTER!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS YOU GUYS WHO ARE RESPONDING TO MY THREAD, SO I CAN TALK ABOUT WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT!!!!Also, the SEC is having a down year!?!?!? They are the strongest conference in football this year!! Let us look at the rankingsGeorgia #4Tennessee #7Alabama #10LSU #11Florida #15Auburn #21 The SEC has more teams in the top 25 than any other conference, so I don't see how this is a "down" year.....Need I remind you that it was LSU (THE FOURTH BEST TEAM IN THE SEC, MAYBE) THAT WENT INTO ARIZONA ST. AND BEAT THEM, AND THAT USC STRUGGLED TO DO THE SAME THING.......) What conference do you feel is stronger than the SEC this year...the ACC?? Besides Virginia Tech, Florida St., and Miami, who else is strong. Nobody. (Don't say Boston College---extremely weak schedule)the Big Ten?? Yeah, Penn St. is in first place right now....Michigan is weak, Wisconsin just got beat by Northwestern, Ohio St. got beat by Texas IN OHIO...WEAK!!!the Big 12??? Texas is the only strong team. Texas Tech??? Nebraska?? Colorado?? Please. Big down year for the big 12.the Pac 10??? USC is strong, Cal and UCLA are decent, Arizona St. is decent (maybe), but what else, Oregon?? Oregon St....please. As usual, the Pac-10 is severly overrated. USC is the only strong team.the Big East???? no comment necessary. Same goes for every other I-A Conference. leaves us with the SEC....Georgia and Alabama are both undefeated and have VERY good wins to their name, as well as very very good defenses. LSU is very good (see their win AT supposed "powerhouse" (a media creation) ASU, Florida, Tennessee, and Auburn are all fairly strong.Seems obvious that the SEC is the best conference this year, Texas doesn't have anything wrapped up yet in terms of National Title contention yet, their weak conference could hurt them. Checkmate.
Oh, if you mean BESIDES Va Tech, Miami and florida state? Please, each of those teams is better than every team in the SEC. The Pac Ten isn't overrated, no one rates them high. The big ten is the most overrated conference, no agruemnt there. Ohio State is better than all the SEC teams, however. There's no team, on a neutral field, that could beat any of the non SEC teams in the top ten.
you're out of your censored mind. usc just comes out and toys with teams for a half, then gets the job done. they will continue to do this. and they would do this in the SEC. the ACC. the big 12. the NFL(ok maybe not).725 total yards today.outscoring opponents 168-42 in the second half.3 solid heisman candidates.i could put about 10-15 more items here.
Yeah, nice stats. Now let's look at who they have playesdHawaii----this one is simply laughable. They suck.Arkansas--a bottom tier SEC team. Probably the worst one.Oregon--Oregon?? Oregon?? CrappyArizona St.---the only "decent" team that USC has played thus far, but LSU went into ASU and won too, so it isn't like this victory is that impressive....ten point victory...not the sign of an "unstoppable machine."Arizona--HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH, USC didn't have this game under control until the fourth quarter. Any team that let's Arizona hang around for that long is gonna get stung one of these days. Man, if Notre Dame beats USC next week, you will be hearing from me A LOT!!!!!!!!!!! Every post of mine will have a reference to the upset, if (and when) it happens.
Yeah, nice stats. Now let's look at who they have playesdHawaii----this one is simply laughable. They suck.Arkansas--a bottom tier SEC team. Probably the worst one.Oregon--Oregon?? Oregon?? CrappyArizona St.---the only "decent" team that USC has played thus far, but LSU went into ASU and won too, so it isn't like this victory is that impressive....ten point victory...not the sign of an "unstoppable machine."Arizona--HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH, USC didn't have this game under control until the fourth quarter. Any team that let's Arizona hang around for that long is gonna get stung one of these days. Man, if Notre Dame beats USC next week, you will be hearing from me A LOT!!!!!!!!!!! Every post of mine will have a reference to the upset, if (and when) it happens.
and when the SEC goes 1-5 in the bowls, you'll be hearing from me.
I hate Alabama.
Oh, if you mean BESIDES Va Tech, Miami and florida state? Please, each of those teams is better than every team in the SEC. The Pac Ten isn't overrated, no one rates them high. The big ten is the most overrated conference, no agruemnt there. Ohio State is better than all the SEC teams, however. There's no team, on a neutral field, that could beat any of the non SEC teams in the top ten.
Wrong. Virginai Tech, maybe. Miami and Florida St??? Neither of them has been that impressive this year, and no, they would not beat the good SEC teams, because the good SEC teams actually play defense and run the ball, which is what football is all about. Yeah, Florida St. looks awesome when they run up the score against the Citadel, but put them against a real defense and they crumble. Florida ST. has beaten Miami (barely, 10-7, horribly played game), The Citadel (this shouldn't even count on their record), Boston College (a crappy team, whom they barely beat), Syracuse (crappy), and Wake Forest (not very good).Miami lost to FSU, barely beat Clemson (Clemson?? HAHAHAH), beat Colorado (crappy), South Florida (crappy), and Duke (yeah, good one, Duke......didn't even know they had football. Still don't think they really have football.)So, FSU and Miami have proven absoutely nothing, while all the big teams in the SEC have played each other and have proven alot. Just because you don't follow the SEC doesn't mean they suck. The only teams I can really respect right now as legit. national title contenders are USC, Texas, Virginia Tech, Georgia, Alabama, and MAYBE Florida St. Probably not them though.I am obviously right. You, are wrong.
and when the SEC goes 1-5 in the bowls, you'll be hearing from me.
Wouldn't hold my breath on that one. SEC = #1 conference this year. Undeniable.

If any SEC team is going to the Rose Bowl, it's going to be Georgia. Does Georgia play Alabama this year? I don't follow SEC schedules much.That said, I doubt an SEC team is going to the National Championship. Personally, I think Va. Tech will be there. However, if they're not, it will be because Texas went undefeated and finished #2.Yeah, the SEC as a whole is an incredible conference. I'm not going to deny that - no rational, informed person would. However, it's BECAUSE they're an excellent conference that they're probably not going to see anyone in the Championship game.

If any SEC team is going to the Rose Bowl, it's going to be Georgia.  Does Georgia play Alabama this year?  I don't follow SEC schedules much.That said, I doubt an SEC team is going to the National Championship.  Personally, I think Va. Tech will be there.  However, if they're not, it will be because Texas went undefeated and finished #2.Yeah, the SEC as a whole is an incredible conference.  I'm not going to deny that - no rational, informed person would.  However, it's BECAUSE they're an excellent conference that they're probably not going to see anyone in the Championship game.
Finally, someone with some rationality. However, don't assume that Texas won't get upset and will finish the year #1. Same with Virginia Tech AND USC. Upsets do happen. However, your point about the SEC being too tough for anyone to escape undefeated is a very good point. However, let's not forget that strength of schedule is a big factor in the BCS and the top SEC team, whomever that may be, will have the advantage in that category most likely.Also, no Alabama and Georgia will only play if they meet in the SEC championship game, which will happen if things stay the way they are.
I hate Alabama.
Oops, Ohio State lost again. This time to Penn St. ( a decent team, but, not that good....) Guess that kind of makes you look like an idiot. Well, not kind of. It just does. Georgia and Alabama would smash Ohio State. Probably Tennessee and LSU too. Same goes with Miami. They aren't that good either. Oooohh, they beat Duke...way to be.
Guest XXEddie
winning by 7 does not get the "job" done for the supposive best team in the nation
winning by 7 does not get the "job" done for the supposive best team in the nation
but, but, but...they routed Hawaii, Arkansas, and Oregon, they are unstoppable.........uh, they beat Arizona State by ten..........uh....uh...HUGE SW there.seriously though, ASU just lost for the THIRD time at home, this time to Oregon. So much for USC's win there being a "major victory" like the media would want you to believe. USC is looking VERY beatable right now. I am not even sure whether I would rank them ahead of Virginia Tech or Texas right now. The only real team they play this year is Notre Dame and MAYBE Cal...although it is clear that neither UCLA or CAL are that good......USC is gonna be exposed at some point. And I will be laughing.

Notre Dame's not near as good as you give them credit for. I haven't seen USC play a game, so I can't talk about them, but I've seen Notre Dame. I really don't see Notre Dame beating USC. I'd love to see Matt Leinart/Reggie Bush vs VT's defense, though. That would be a fun experiment.

Notre Dame's not near as good as you give them credit for.  I haven't seen USC play a game, so I can't talk about them, but I've seen Notre Dame.  I really don't see Notre Dame beating USC.  I'd love to see Matt Leinart/Reggie Bush vs VT's defense, though.  That would be a fun experiment.
oh, I never said I thought Notre Dame was that great either, but at least they play some decent defense, unlike just about every other team in the PAC-10. Seriously, the Pac-10 is ridiculously weak, they need to learn to play a little defense. 47-40 in the UCLA vs. Cal game, in what was supposed to be a game between too "solid" teams....please, both teams would crumble under a real team. USC looks good when they get to run up the score against these softies, but when they get punched in the mouth by a real team, whenever that happens, we will see. And don't tell me they got punched in the mouth by ASU or Arizona, because BOTH of those teams are jokes. The entire PAC-10, besides USC, is a joke.

I'm not saying the Pac-10 is good by any means. Of course they're bad. Since there aren't any traditional powerhouses (like the SEC and Big 10 teams), they don't get near the recruits that they want. It will be interesting to see USC play a really good team, but don't write them off just because they play in a weak conference. I really wish they would've played an out of conference team that was top 10 - it's a shame we won't see that until bowl time. As long as they keep winning, they'll go to the Rose Bowl. That's the way it's setup.I hate the BCS, though. So, I want to see Texas, Va Tech, Georgia, and Penn State go undefeated. That would be a nice December.

I'm not saying the Pac-10 is good by any means.  Of course they're bad.  Since there aren't any traditional powerhouses (like the SEC and Big 10 teams), they don't get near the recruits that they want.  It will be interesting to see USC play a really good team, but don't write them off just because they play in a weak conference.  I really wish they would've played an out of conference team that was top 10 - it's a shame we won't see that until bowl time.  As long as they keep winning, they'll go to the Rose Bowl.  That's the way it's setup.I hate the BCS, though.  So, I want to see Texas, Va Tech, Georgia, and Penn State go undefeated.  That would be a nice December.
I am not writing them off in terms of them not being that good. I am just writing off on the fact that they are "invincible" like everyone else likes to think.