Top Set On High Coord Board

How do you play this one? SB is a very loose donk who could be playing a very wide range.Full Tilt Limit Omaha Hi/Lo, $0.50 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is MP2 with Aspade.gif, Kspade.gif, 8club.gif, Aclub.gif2 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, 1 fold, Button calls, SB calls, BB raises, MP1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB callsFlop: (10 SB) 10club.gif, Jdiamond.gif, Aheart.gif(5 players)SB bets, 1 fold, MP1 calls, Hero calls, 1 foldTurn: (6.5 BB) 5club.gif(3 players)SB bets, MP1 calls, Hero callsRiver: (9.5 BB) 2spade.gif(3 players)SB checks, MP1 bets, Hero calls, SB raises, MP1 calls, Hero callsTotal pot: $7.75 (15.5 BB) | Rake: $0.35

I def raise the flop here
Toward what end? Only one player left to act behind me and 2 players already in so I'm not going to be able to get heads-up. If I raise and SB 3-bets, I'm just building the pot and could be drawing thin against a made straight.

I likely raise pf (whether or not that's appropriate is another matter).I think I play the rest the same.wtf is SB doing on the river? Does he have KQ43 and hopes someone else will bet? If I have KQ, even without the low, I'm leading the river again and hoping the other two get into a raising war for the low.

wtf is SB doing on the river? Does he have KQ43 and hopes someone else will bet? If I have KQ, even without the low, I'm leading the river again and hoping the other two get into a raising war for the low.
I don't know. Like I said, he was a pretty big idiot. During the 1.5 hour session this guy had a VPIP of almost 90% and would often lead or call on the flop with hardly anything. I'm not convinced there was any strategic thinking behind his play on the river. But on the flop I figured there was a solid chance he had KQ. Even for him I couldn't see him leading into the field from OOP with anything less.
Toward what end? Only one player left to act behind me and 2 players already in so I'm not going to be able to get heads-up. If I raise and SB 3-bets, I'm just building the pot and could be drawing thin against a made straight.
If he repops it you can safely assume he has the str8 for one more small bet which would allow u to fold on river confidently saving one big bet. Also if he doesn't repop you could extract more value when your hand is good.
If he repops it you can safely assume he has the str8 for one more small bet which would allow u to fold on river confidently saving one big bet. Also if he doesn't repop you could extract more value when your hand is good.
But wouldn't I be putting in two more small bets, one to raise and then one more to call when he 3-bets?
only if he 3bets which in turn would be the same assuming you don't hit and fold on the river
Now that I think about it, raising the flop might drive MP1 out of the hand if SB 3-bets. Then I get heads-up against a hand I know is very likely a straight and can call down to the river to hit my boat and fold if I miss for the same price.River I kind of got stuck - I thought at that point I could go to showdown for one more bet in case my set was good against the loose SB but then he threw in the check-raise. At that point I just wanted to see what he had.SB did have KQ, not surprisingly. The other villain had QQ with two lows and snuck in with the backdoor low to take half. Idiot was a big dog against both of us on the flop and ended up taking half while I ended up with squat.
raise the flop.i think you can actually raise the turn here although its really close.calling the first bet on the river is sketchy, calling the second one is ick.
agree with this.just to be clear, too, cap the flop 3ways in position.

Yeah, raising the flop is a great idea because a made straight should react aggressively. If you're called and villain fires on the turn, you can safely assume you're facing a Broadway straight, need to spike a boat, quads or the backdoor flush to win high (because the backdoor low is also a possibility), and play the rest of the hand accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

You can be pretty sure you are facing a broadway straight on that flop strictly from the amount of players seeing the flop.That's a very cruel turn card. Be glad it was limit, that turn card could cost you your whole stack in PLO8.